Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    46

    you dont get whats in the picture at performance trailer

    i bought a trailer that performance trailer had got stuck with made it for another member got pictures sent to me trailer had alum wheels on it and when i picked it up in mass wheels where not on the trailer call bill talked to his wife she said bill would call me back waited 2 days call them his wife said because i got a deal he took the wheels and put on a set of cheep steel wheels makes the trailer look like **** dont get me wrong its a very nice trailer but i bought it with alum wheels and i got none so now i have to buy new wheels i work for a dealer and i could have bought a all alum easyloader with alum wheels for the price i am going to have in this trailer sad so make sure you get it in writen just because it was a good deal doesnt mean you can take parts off of it just because you may not have made alot of money a deal was a deal pete

  2. #2
    Registered
    My Boats:
    84 Wellcraft Excalibur 27
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by 1989272sr1 View Post
    i bought a trailer that performance trailer had got stuck with made it for another member got pictures sent to me trailer had alum wheels on it and when i picked it up in mass wheels where not on the trailer call bill talked to his wife she said bill would call me back waited 2 days call them his wife said because i got a deal he took the wheels and put on a set of cheep steel wheels makes the trailer look like **** dont get me wrong its a very nice trailer but i bought it with alum wheels and i got none so now i have to buy new wheels i work for a dealer and i could have bought a all alum easyloader with alum wheels for the price i am going to have in this trailer sad so make sure you get it in writen just because it was a good deal doesnt mean you can take parts off of it just because you may not have made alot of money a deal was a deal pete
    That sucks to hear, but next time use some periods....it makes it easier to read

  3. #3
    VIP Member VIP Member Ebay Ed's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1998 Baja Boss 272 HP 500 EFI, 1984 BAJA 164 Sunsport 90 hp Evinrude
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,521
    i would have told him to keep the trailer and went some where else

  4. #4
    Registered
    My Boats:
    85 Baja Force 320
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebay Ed View Post
    i would have told him to keep the trailer and went some where else
    +1... Or sued him for the cost of rims in the pic + time!

  5. #5
    Gold Member Gold Member smokin' gun's Avatar
    My Boats:
    03 top gun 525 efi
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    hampstead nh
    Posts
    2,806

    bad deal at performance trailer

    when this guy picked up the trailer he stopped by to show it to me . the second i saw it i noticed the wheels were removed and said the guy kept the aluminum wheels . this trailer was orig built for another member on oso . built for a 272 but guy had a 271 so trailer builder got stuck with it and sold it to my friend for less . told him to come to this site look up the pics and thats the trailer you will get. anybody can clearly see the alum wheels on the trailer .he used the phone at my shop to call bill @performance trailer and spoke to his wife. said bill will call you. never a call back .after numerous calls wife said the better wheels and tires were removed because you got a good deal on the trailer . my friend was never told this was the deal. not fair . as the caption says you dont get what you pay for . im currently looking for a trailer for a 04 formula 312 and know were not to go . sorry to rant but this guy is my neighbor just starting out boating and asked my advise on this. i even downloaded the pics for him. as for why he took the trailer without the alum wheels . he paid 2000 in dec on the trailer and was told it would be shipped on next load up there was a 1000 bal due to be paid in cash @ that time but bill from performance never came only a driver .

  6. #6
    Ginger or Mary Ann? Charter Member US1 Fountain's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 32 Fountain Fever, 1995 Baja 29' Cruiser
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    10,734
    Is this the teal trailer that 89donzi from Speedwake had made originally, but then had to have another one made do to teh 271/272 differences?
    Some people are like Slinkies - Not really good for anything, but they
    bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

  7. #7
    Registered
    My Boats:
    1994 Formula 303 SR1 "Facets"
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tonawanda NY
    Posts
    3,709
    Quote Originally Posted by US1 Fountain View Post
    Is this the teal trailer that 89donzi from Speedwake had made originally, but then had to have another one made do to teh 271/272 differences?
    Yes and I am very upset to hear about this I have been talking to 1989272 in private for a week or two now about this, I don't really now what to say here, Bill treated me 110% and as everyone here knows I have openly spoke great things about Bill and his product,

  8. #8
    S.O.B (single O/B) now Platinum Member t500hps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    7,753
    Quote Originally Posted by 88242LS View Post
    Yes and I am very upset to hear about this I have been talking to 1989272 in private for a week or two now about this, I don't really now what to say here, Bill treated me 110% and as everyone here knows I have openly spoke great things about Bill and his product,
    so it's all your fault!!!


    J/K . When I read his first post I knew where the trailer came from, who it was built for, and the story. I thought maybe the aluminum wheels were swapped from the trailer some time ago and forgotten...but it doesn't appear that is the case. Sucks that people's intergrity drops as the economy cripples their companies.

  9. #9
    Gold Member Gold Member smokin' gun's Avatar
    My Boats:
    03 top gun 525 efi
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    hampstead nh
    Posts
    2,806

    performance trailer good deal gone bad !!!!

    the trailer is very nice . im not saying his work is bad . just saying his ethics are bad . i just feel bad for my neighbor we knew the trailer was the wrong color for him but the deal was good enough we were going to paint it when we got it home . his boat is red and yellow not a good combo but he was stuck for a trailer and boat is now sitting on a borrowed trailer that was only reason for taking the trailer home . when he called performance trailer and told bills wife about the wheels she said that happens all the time just a mixup and bill will call you . guess what no call back after 3 days called again wife answers and said i talked to bill and he says that what your getting you got a good deal on the trailer and thats why you got the deal you got . no one was ever told this was going to happen . so $3000.00 later wrong color trailer wrong wheels and no led lights its off to ebay from here for the wheels and lights . SO MUCH FOR THE GOOD DEAL !!!

  10. #10
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2004,Hustler,344 Cheetah
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Posts
    55

    Performance Trailer/Aqua-Mania Merger???

    Maybe Performance Trailer should go into business with Aqua-Mania. Sounds like they have a lot in common when it comes to their business practices. I had a similar situation with Aqua-Mania not producing everything that was included in the ad. See "Taken for a ride by Aqua-Mania" in this section. Funny how these people change their tune once they have your money. Like you I have to spend more money out of my own pocket to get the things that were supposed to be included but like I said in the past, I can't blame anybody but myself for trusting them.


Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertisers


OSO Directory
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Original Poster In Postbit provided by Original Poster In Postbit v1.0.0 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.