Old 04-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
What would it hurt to cut Chris some slack ? Is anybody out anything ? If so come forward .

Maybe the guy got in a little bind and borrowed the funds knowing he had them covered and than things didn't work out and now he was in a real bind.Maybe he was embarassed about it and that is why he tryed to downplay it and fix it. In the long run it got fixed and nobody is out anything.

As far as the boats who knows and who cares.Maybe he embellished a little bit to get himself in the game and got a little carried away. Did it hurt anyone ? Has anyone on here not done a little self embellished self promoting?

I don't care one way or another but i think unless he has hurt you or not done what you asked of him what are you out and why not give him a break.
I would think OSO is out of a lot of money since Chris was able to successfully take away a lot of their paying members by lieing and deceiving them. I estimate conservatively 1,500 members @ $50 per year, thats $75,000 chief. Unless of course the membership number of around 4,000 is also a lie. That hurts pretty bad IMO, especially if it resulted in someone losing their job.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 04-23-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I would think OSO is out of a lot of money since Chris was able to successfully take away a lot of their paying members by lieing and deceiving them. I estimate conservatively 1,500 members @ $50 per year, thats $75,000 chief. Unless of course the membership number of around 4,000 is also a lie. That hurts pretty bad IMO, especially if it resulted in someone losing their job.
Are you hitting the tequila early down there this morning? I'll just assume drunken post and we'll all cut you some slack. People were sick of the sh*t going on at OSO and made their own decision. I dont remember anyone getting drug out of here kicking and screaming.

Dont forget to eat the worm!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Thats one point.
On a different level given that time is money, a lot of volunteers spent thousands and thousands of hours developing and promoting SOS with full knowledge that the financial benefit was always going to Chris Sunkin.
Chris Sunkin didnt run SOS. 20 volunteers did at various levels of participation.
I completely understand those that remain there.It was, in part ,of their hard work that it had the success that it did.

One very hard working volunteer went to the point of renting a raceboat and went racing with a lot of his effort and expense being clearly put forward to promote SOS. He'll remember how he was acknowledged by Chris for doing all that. He'll also remember how he was acknowledged by me for doing what he did.

All of this has been very unfair to all the SOS flagwavers.

Last edited by Catastrophe; 04-23-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=tommymonza;3093902]What would it hurt to cut Chris some slack ? Is anybody out anything ? If so come forward .

Maybe the guy got in a little bind and borrowed the funds knowing he had them covered and than things didn't work out and now he was in a real bind.Maybe he was embarassed about it and that is why he tryed to downplay it and fix it. In the long run it got fixed and nobody is out anything.
QUOTE]

Tommy... I'd be careful what you post in Chris' defense. What you describe is called embezzlement and if what you say is true, you're not really helping his case.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Sean;3094199]
Originally Posted by tommymonza
What would it hurt to cut Chris some slack ? Is anybody out anything ? If so come forward .

QUOTE]

Tommy... I'd be careful what you post in Chris' defense. What you describe is called embezzlement and if what you say is true, you're not really helping his case.
LOL!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

In case you missed it...

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG