Notices

In His Own Words

Old 04-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I have other things to do besides play these games. If you don't like me, stay heer.
What do you have to do? Make up more BS? The thing about a BS artist is that no one wants to know one, and when they do meet one it is usually too late. Life is complicated enough without having to worry about if someone is lying to you this time or not. Previous events set precedence. It's pretty simple to say that most people don't like to be BS'd. If I were in a boating related business and had some money to spend for online advertising, would I want to spend it on a website where the owner is seen as a BS artist and makes stuff up as he goes? LOL!! ABSOLUTELY NOT!

In my opinion, if it looks like BS, acts like BS, smells like BS…..it’s probably BS. I don’t need to eat it to be sure!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a train wreck this has become. I came to OSO long ago to learn about speed and rough water ride. I've been more thoroughly educated in petty childish behavior and self righteous ego in this arena (offshore websites) than anywhere else. I was better off on trailerboats.com.

So now I must question whether or not I want to join FMO. I must also question whether or not I want to remain a member of PPBC, where SOS figures prominently. Time to put away the keyboard and deal with people face to face. A friend of mine enjoys his 42' Apache and has never logged on to a boating site. GOOD FOR HIM!

Last edited by Frequency; 04-19-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: cleaning up grammar
Old 04-19-2010, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Jay...............just post pics of your boats?

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
What a train wreck this has become. I came to OSO long ago to learn about speed and rough water ride. I've been more thoroughly educated in petty childish behavior and self righteous ego in this arena (offshore websites) than anywhere else. I was better off on trailerboats.com.

So now I must question whether or not I want to join FMO. I must also question whether or not I want to remain a member of PPBC, where SOS figures prominently. Time to put away the keyboard and deal with people face to face. A friend of mine enjoys his 42' Apache and has never logged on to a boating site. GOOD FOR HIM!
what is FMO ?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered

FMO is Ft.Myers Offshore...
The board of Directors of Ft.Myers Offshore :
Bob Barnhart, Tom Cullen, Hans Haedelt, John Wilkenson, and Dan Davies, have absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread, SOS, or Mr.Sunkin.
Please leave us out of it. We have no dog in this fight and just happily do what we do....Go boating, have fun, and collect some money for a good cause.
If anyone has any questions about FMO, feel free to contact any of us.
Kind regards,
Hans Haedelt
Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

This truck?

Just to keep the focus where it belongs...
You don't own that truck or that boat, but you do own this quote:

Inflatables are made strictly for buoyancy. In racing, they're only permitted in canopy boats. There's a reason for that. I've come out of boats on 3 different occasions between 75 and 90 mph. Twice with lifelines, once with a Stearns that I knew better than to have on- and it's rated for a 100 mph ejection. Needless to say the Lifelines stood up. The Stearns stayed on but was substantially damaged- it may not have worked out that way had I caught a different bounce. A little more tear or in a different place and I might not have been as lucky. And I'll tell you this- I was in no condition to swim enough to save my own life. At least not for several moments- and that's all it takes.

One last thing about inflatables- I know my lifeline will float because it was buoyant when I put it on.

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 04-19-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Attention Chris Sunkin:

Get my advertisement of the 32' Bad Boy off your race boats for sale section.

Tried to e mail your clown outfit but the boat is still listed. who knows maybe you bought it and are redoing it in style with your stable of lies...i mean boats...

CDC

Last edited by TOASTY; 04-20-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

That was a pretty interesting cut-and-paste from Rob's infamous e-mail.

It's funny, but Bruce Bullock, who I ran across in Miami, remembers the boat well. He even remembers some little details from the test drive we took. That's a great businessman- remembering subtleties from your sales, even from years ago.

By the way, I don't associate with indiscreet people. Most of my friends would tell you to go f.uck yourself if you came around asking about things that are none of your business.
Well Chris you are not some indiscreet boater who hangs in the shadows. You were a major driving force behind getting a lot of people to start up a competing offshore web site. Many people trusted you based on your postings of claimed vast knowledge of offshore boats that came from your previous and present ownership of them. Now it is in question whether or not you actually owned even one running boat the entire time that you have been posting and giving advice on these web sites, much less the question of owning and operating numerous 41 Apaches and Cigarettes as you claim in your many posts.

Chris, anyone who knows anything about Offshore history knows that there aren't many 41 Apaches out there simply because very few were ever made. It would take you about 30 seconds to list which one you now own and which ones you have owned previously. With the vast knowledge on this boards that info could be quickly verified and Offshoredrillin and Jay would slink away with their tails between their legs. Can't you see why others find it odd that no one else in the tight knit Apache forums ever remembers buying or selling you one of these rare Apaches, or any of the numerous other large V's that you have claimed to own and operate in your years posting on these sites? And even more astonishing is the fact that as of yet there isn't a single member on these sites who has verified seeing you out any of these boats, other than your current stripped, non running project cig, which of course no one has seen you out in because it doesn't run. Not one sighting in the many years you have been posting these amazing stories of your offshore exploits! It just defies logic that not one other member has crossed your path in the operation of all these boats while you have been a member of these forums - or for that matter even before you were a member.

If you had simply provided believable answers to the concerns raised by Offshoredrillin about these mystery Apaches (and numerous other boats - and other issues), I'll bet that none of this nasty business would have ever been made public. The question of ownership could have be verified in no time and this unpleasant business would already be long behind you. But let me guess, there is some convoluted reason why you didn't then, and can't now, do what any other reasonable person would do with his reputation on the line. Simply clear the air on the question of ownership of these boats and remove all doubt.

When Rob started that other thread about your bouncing the charity check I honestly thought that you had simply made an honest mistake and you were the unlucky victim of a personal vendetta. I was pretty fired up at Rob so I started to dig into this. But soon it became apparent that it wasn't simply Rob, or Rob and Jay, but in fact there are NUMEROUS people from the other site who are telling a very different story from your own, and not just on the check but on many subjects. But it's always the same story from you. You are a victim. A victim of a bank error, victim of a postal error ect... And then there is the question of the boats raised in that thread. As you never responded to their questions about ownership I began to wonder why you simply would not blow them out of the water by giving details that would remove any doubt about your claims of ownership of these boats. After a short time it was apparent to me. The most simple reason of why you don't is because you probably can't. It's pretty hard to give details about where and when and from who you bought a rare high performace boat if you never actually bought it.

Prove them wrong Chris. Give us the details of which 41 Apache now sits in that mystery wharehouse of yours and where and when you bought it. If you can't then just admit that the jig is up and ride off into the sunset.

Last edited by Marginmn; 04-20-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Well Chris you are not some indiscreet boater who hangs in the shadows. You were a major driving force behind getting a lot of people to start up a competing offshore web site. Many people trusted you based on your postings of claimed vast knowledge of offshore boats that came from your previous and present ownership of them. Now it is in question whether or not you actually owned even one running boat the entire time that you have been posting and giving advice on these web sites, much less the question of owning and operating numerous 41 Apaches and Cigarettes as you claim in your many posts.

Chris, anyone who knows anything about Offshore history knows that there aren't many 41 Apaches out there simply because very few were ever made. It would take you about 30 seconds to list which one you now own and which ones you have owned previously. With the vast knowledge on this boards that info could be quickly verified and Offshoredrillin and Jay would slink away with their tails between their legs. Can't you see why others find it odd that no one else in the tight knit Apache forums ever remembers buying or selling you one of these rare Apaches, or any of the numerous other large V's that you have claimed to own and operate in your years posting on these sites? And even more astonishing is the fact that as of yet there isn't a single member on these sites who has verified seeing you out any of these boats, other than your current stripped, non running project cig, which of course no one has seen you out in because it doesn't run. Not one sighting in the many years you have been posting these amazing stories of your offshore exploits! It just defies logic that not one other member has crossed your path in the operation of all these boats while you have been a member of these forums - or for that matter even before you were a member.

If you had simply provided believable answers to the concerns raised by Offshoredrillin about these mystery Apaches (and numerous other boats - and other issues), I'll bet that none of this nasty business would have ever been made public. The question of ownership could have be verified in no time and this unpleasant business would already be long behind you. But let me guess, there is some convoluted reason why you didn't then, and can't now, do what any other reasonable person would do with his reputation on the line. Simply clear the air on the question of ownership of these boats and remove all doubt.

When Rob started that other thread about your bouncing the charity check I honestly thought that you had simply made an honest mistake and you were the unlucky victim of a personal vendetta. I was pretty fired up at Rob so I started to dig into this. But soon it became apparent that it wasn't simply Rob, or Rob and Jay, but in fact there are NUMEROUS people from the other site who are telling a very different story from your own, and not just on the check but on many subjects. But it's always the same story from you. You are a victim. A victim of a bank error, victim of a postal error ect... And then there is the question of the boats raised in that thread. As you never responded to their questions about ownership I began to wonder why you simply would not blow them out of the water by giving details that would remove any doubt about your claims of ownership of these boats. After a short time it was apparent to me. The most simple reason of why you don't is because you probably can't. It's pretty hard to give details about where and when and from who you bought a rare high performace boat if you never actually bought it.

Prove them wrong Chris. Give us the details of which 41 Apache now sits in that mystery wharehouse of yours and where and when you bought it. If you can't then just admit that the jig is up and ride off into the sunset.
this clown's silence is sinking his reputation
Old 04-20-2010, 07:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TENSION
So again, who cares? If Jay would have spent as much time vetting his hero, Obama, he probably would not have all this anger! Also, take your own (Jays) posts over the last few years, and to quote him, "anyone see a patttern here?". Get some help! I still have seen NOTHING to prove that any of this has cost anyone anything! You are ,however, showing your many hats...photographer, travel agent, toadie, mouthpiece for ?. Next time you are at a race, do you want someone to say "There's Jay,lets see about some pictures" or, "There's OCD Jay, stay the hell away from that wackjob"? I'm "betting the ranch" it's the latter!
At the start of this thread I said that I would only post direct quotes from the man of the hour, but I'm gonna make an exception for you.

For a guy who, as of last week, only had a couple dozen posts over five years here you certainly seem rather energetic in your sudden rush to defend your 'friend'. That's cool, everyone needs a friend. Maybe instead of making personal attacks on me as your defense, you could help us all out and tell us a little about yourself and your relationship with him-- maybe a story or two about some boating the two of you have done, maybe post a picture or two. See, here's the thing... I've spoken with a number of people up your way in northern Ohio, Michigan and Chicago, and they all tell me that for years now sunkin has, indeed, shown up at numerous boating events. He comes to various poker runs- mingles and talks his talk at the lunch stops. But they all say the same thing: he drives to the events. I find it curious that a guy who has owned so many cool boats over the years has never been seen in one at any of the social events that celebrate these very machines.

Here's a question regarding your pithy comments about photo sales:

Do you think I'm stupid?

Why would I risk my reputation by doing this? On the surface, it looks like there is little to gain and plenty to lose. If you could know what I know, perhaps you would have a different view. I can only wonder where your seemingly blind devotion comes from.

Here's what motivates me, and by the way, I've never been a travel agent- have no idea where you got that one. I've pretty much done the same thing my whole life but with more emphasis on photography the last few years. You state: "I still have seen NOTHING to prove that any of this has cost anyone anything!" Hmmmm... maybe you haven't been paying attention. A lot of good people have worked countless hours as volunteers behind the scenes for a long time now to help ensure the success of that place. They did it because they believed in what they were doing, and because they all share a deep passion for this crazy sport. A few, such as my dear friend, Alec, who have the means, have made monetary contributions to help with startup expenses and to promote the site through various charity events. Alec has made a huge fiscal contribution. He has no ulterior motive here and expects nothing in return other than friendship. He loves the social aspect, the camaraderie of it. And that, Mr. Tension, is at the heart of my motivation. Like other little scammers before him, this pathological cretin has preyed on all of us- taken us in with his lies, and tried to steal something from all of us that has no price.

Right now, all we have are questions. Simple questions that should have easy answers. Will you continue to be part of the problem, or part of the solution?

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 04-20-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Remove an assumption. My bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.