Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/22945-beware-performance-trailer-lake-george-ny-long-rant.html)

baja27 04-25-2002 12:00 PM

When I bought my boat new it came with there trailer. I called many times and left messages with not one call back.They do not know what the word SERVICE means.Think twice before buying there trailers!!!!

mattyboy 04-25-2002 12:28 PM

Woodsy,
sorry to hear that, the boat I bought came with a performance trailer, I love it seems to be top notch, but as far as doing further business with them no way, I'll go to some one else!
thanks for the heads up

Mattyboy

Jim G 04-25-2002 01:38 PM

You ought to consider printing out your original post and mailing it to them w/ a note asking them if they have ever heard of the internet...

Brad Zastrow 04-25-2002 02:29 PM

I have to ask, why did you not take it back to Performance for the warranty work or get his OK prior to your mechanic working on it. Warranty work needs to be done by a authorized service center in almost all cases. If my Ford needs warranty work it goes back to a Ford dealer. Even if the guy is an ahole he still needed to repair it there, not a private party and hand him a bill.

jollyroger 04-25-2002 03:10 PM

Brad,

First off, as far as going back to Lake George for the warranty work, Lake George is 71/2 to 8hrs away from where I live. Also, I don't know if you understood my post, but it was BILL at PERFORMANCE TRAILERS opinion, that the problem was with my truck, not his trailer. So his trailer did not need any warranty work as far as he was concerned. BILL also told me when I left with the defective trailer, that and I quote "IF THE PROBLEM WAS WITH THE TRAILER HE WOULD MAKE IT RIGHT". I would not have driven off the property with a defective trailer, if I didn't believe he would take care of the issue. I handed him $3200 in cash to purchase a non-defective product that came with a warranty. Bill swore up & down that the problem was with my truck. I thought he was more knowledgeble than I was about the wiring, so I believed him, took him at his word and left with the DEFECTIVE LIGHTS. I had no idea what was causing the problem, only that I couldn't figure it out, and trailer wiring is pretty simple stuff. Thats why one month later, it went to my mechanic. After 4hrs of trying to figure it out, he found the defective lights. It is still BILL at PERFORMANCE TRAILERS opinion that the light problem is mine not his... Too bad for Bill.... For the cost of the $200 repair bill, I am sure he will lose many sales... its a shame because the trailer really is a well built trailer. But with customer service like this, I know I will not EVER buy a trailer from him again, and like I said in my above post, I will tell anybody who will listen or who is in the market for a trailer to avoid PERFORMANCE TRAILER at all costs. I know of two sales already that were placed today with Eagle & Rolls instead of PERFORMANCE TRAILER.

Woodsy

Brad Zastrow 04-25-2002 04:11 PM

I agree with you. I would have probably done the same under those circumstances.

meyer 04-25-2002 06:11 PM

Lake George has problems with engine builder also. With Performance in there name to.

glassdave 04-25-2002 07:27 PM

hey dave, i will certainly let you know when i will be out :cool: . . .probably june or july . . . not sure yet. . . . i was check'n out some of those rocker plates at ocean express not too long ago, those things are trick. :cool: you put a blackhawk on it to huh . . . .sounds like you been busy . . :D . . .later

i think i might have a line on some more donzi promo stuff. my friend closed his dealership, i will ask him about his sign's an stuff if you want :cool:

GO4BROKE 04-25-2002 07:32 PM

Jollyroger, I have a '97 Performance trailer. You should also check to see if the trailer is grounding through the ball. Up until I got out of the industry (1999) thats how they were wired. If it is grounding through the ball everything will work brighter and better if you ground the harness ground wire to a bolt. If you pull it out of the harness, you will probably find its not connected. I'm not overly happy with my trailer. The paint is peeling and there is rust in many spots on a trailer that is Always garaged. And I have developed a brake problem this past weekend.:mad:

enticer 04-25-2002 09:43 PM

jollyroger...i read your post and not he others. But IT IS about the MONEY.......you gave this ******* your money for a product. His markup is his backup.....so...with no backup...he should give you his markup and then he breaks even and goes on to the next job and learns a lesson. This is life and the way a business should be run. I have been in business for 27 years and I have learned alot of lessons...the ahrd way...but I am a better person for it. NOW SUE THE MF'er.