Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant) >

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Notices

BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Old 05-10-2002, 11:30 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Bottom Line #1) I don't know if Jollyroger is "arrogant or impatient" and it shouldn't really matter. If I only dealt with honest and polite people in my business, I'd be dealing with very few customers. The measure of a business and its service capability is how you deal with all folks. However, if somebody becomes abusive during a business transaction, that individual is wrong and the conversation should be picked up at another time.

Bottom Line #2) Jollyroger came to pick up a trailer and it wasn't functioning properly. Maybe he was impatient because of the response, or lack thereof, from the manufacturer...but again, see Bottom Line #1). The customer doesn't want to hear that its a vendor/supplier issue, they're buying a trailer that should be in working order.

Last edited by Indy; 05-10-2002 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2002, 01:03 PM
BMT

Just to clarify, I don't think we have heard Bill's side of the story yet! I would like to myself because there ARE always two sides to a story. I happen to be new to this sight which is why you have seen only 1 posting..... I am also a woman, and a loyal customer to Performance Trailers for the past 7 years. I have never had a problem with any of the trailers we have from there, and I have to agree that Bill has always treated myself and my family well, no matter what.

Old 05-10-2002, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's great that Bill has friends like you...I would hope that my friends would stick up for me if need be.

I am merely an observer to this disagreement and know only what I see written here. I do not know Bill or Jolly Roger...

What I do know from what I've read posted by Jolly Roger and GRH(after speaking with Bill on the phone) is that, given the opportunity, I would choose not to do business with PT. I think he has handled this poorly and although others may have had GREAT experiences with him, it only takes one, and I would hate to be that one(JollyRoger)...

The bottom line is, if Bill knew this guy was driving 8 hours to pick up his trailer---so he scould pick up his boat---he should have checked and double checked the trailer to be sure it was ready.

His attitude after testing the lights on his own truck is completely wrong...there was obviously a problem with the trailer and after rewiring it, he should have checked the lights themselves(yes, hindsight is 20/20) and BTW, leaving the trailer would not be an option; for JollyRoger or me either...especially after driving 8 hours to pick it up.
Old 05-10-2002, 01:35 PM
GRH

Now I understand.... no one here has ever purchased a product with a problem ..... Buy from PERFORMANCE or not.... its everyones option.... but remember ... you're taking one persons word for a situation that involved two people.... Bill's Company produced thousands of trailers over the years... I hear one guy bad mouth him .... one guy complain about the paint... Did he contact PERFORMANCE... I don't recall your saying you did.... one guy complain about Disk Brake problems.... PERFORMANCE doesn't put disk brakes on thier trailers... never has.... So we're back to one bad expirience... like I said ... Buy what you want... But I've known Bill for more then 10 years and Bill is a stand up guy that apparantly has enough confidence in his reputation & product not to dignify this JOLLYROGER with a response... Good for him....

Old 05-10-2002, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Jolly roger not that jolly!

I have known Bill from performance for years.I think he should have tested this trailer wiring before he let "not so jolly" drive so far to pick up his new trailer.I think "not so" should have waited for it to work properly and not endangered the lives of others towing any trailer with improper lighting 8 hrs home.Poor choice.I also here no mention of the fact that he paid $3200.00 for a trailer that should of cost him more if he had purchased it through a performance boat trailer dealer.cutting the dealer out of the picture and buying directly from the manufacturer eliminates dealer prep and state inspection required by law.the lights would have had to work to leave a dealership.at the very least Bill does not deserve to be slammed for trying to do this ******* a favor and back door him a trailer out of state.fix your lights and get a life!
Old 05-10-2002, 01:58 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Dealer or not, the trailer should be tested and sold in working order. Buying direct from the manufacturer has no bearing on this.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:07 PM
hauling ass-a

Well this sure is a hot topic! DID ANYONE FORGET " THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!" If I paid $1.00 or $5000.00 for a product it should be right, no excuses! I'am a service manager for a plumbing and heating company. If I put in a brand new water heater and it did not work, or did not work right, we would be right back to fix or replace it! That is an issue that should be handled between me and the manufacture! NOT BETWEEN THE HOME OWNER AND MFG. That is why the customer calls us, not to have to handle problems on their own. BRAVO TO YOU!!!! I WOULD HAVE WRITTEN THE SAME LETTER. TO THE IDIOT WHO SAID YOU SHOULD HAVE HANDLED THE PROBLEM , BECAUSE THE ONLY WARRANTY IS ONLY ON THE TRAILER, NOT THE PARTS, YOU DESERVE TO SPEND ALL YOUR HARD EARNED AND BE LET DOWN!

Old 05-10-2002, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indy missed the point!

Indy,When is the last time you took your Chevy back to Detroit for repair. Who prepped it before you picked it up.How many of these simple repairs are handled by dealers everyday by dealers that customers never know about to make sure they are satisfied. Regardless, "not so" could of purchased an Eagle for more money.He could of purhased a lot of things.Why do you think he drove eight hours for this deal.It has something to do with money.If he was insuch a big hurry to get home "THOUGH DARTS!". I guarantee Bill will take care of the guy if he brings the trailer back for repair.Bringing him or sending him a bill Just doesn't cut it.Way to much of this is being made of this.Bill is a great guy,builds a good product,cares about hiss reputation.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey jim,

if anyone is guilty of doing "back door" business it is Bill. If you say the customer has to buy from the dealer, then Bill is giving his dealers the "back door" by going around them. He has an obligation to protect his dealers and not sell direct if what you say is true...the customer has an obligation to get the best deal he can, regardless of who he buys through...

Sean
Old 05-10-2002, 02:43 PM
GRH

SEAN - I think that was JimH's point....

Quick Reply: BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.