Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   BEWARE!! PERFORMANCE TRAILER, LAKE GEORGE NY (Long Rant) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/22945-beware-performance-trailer-lake-george-ny-long-rant.html)

Sean 05-10-2002 02:50 PM

So, Jim's point was that I, as a dealer, should not sell Bill's product because he'll back-door me and sell direct?

No Problem, I'll get right on that...Hello, Rolls, hello, Eagle, hello American, hello, SoFl Trailer, hello, Myco, hello Target...and the list goes on...

baja27 05-10-2002 02:51 PM

He may build a good trailer but his customer service sucks.I large boat dealer not to far from him has problems getting a response and parts from him go figure!!!!! Always call the customer back no mather what

Indy 05-10-2002 03:02 PM

jim.h - My point is that by selling to the customer direct, he IS the dealer and its his responsibility to deliver a working product. I'm fully aware of dealer responsibilities. I got "porked" by my dealer on my new boat last year. It cost me close to $700 to get those repairs made because he went out of business. If I would have bought it from the factory, it would have been their responsibility. PT sold direct to the customer, its his responsibility. Whether or not Bill is a good guy or not is not an issue with me, its just the business transaction and the outcome. Steve

birdog 05-10-2002 03:06 PM

This whole problem was stupid to begin with !!!! 15 minutes with a 12 volt test light & I woukda found it !!{and i am NOT a mechanic!} Same problem on 2 trucks ? Duh...not the trucks!!! Trace it back & you end up at the lights !!! Duh! Fix the damn trailer!!!! Sell me somthing NEW and it should at least work when i pick it up !!!!

GRH 05-10-2002 03:33 PM

Sean - Thats one way to look at it..... However... being from LI you should be painfully aware of the dealer loyalty boat Mfg. have! Your gonna chastise PT for what every "reputable" performance boat Mfg does on a daily basis.... Come on....

Sean 05-10-2002 03:43 PM

Not chastising...just pointing it out...in fact, I'm not even the one that brought it up...(okay, maybe I was chastising...but you guys have been saying what a great guy Bill is and yet it seems he is going around his dealers by selling direct) :)

I don't know why you single out Long Island though, I think the industry as a whole has received the proverbial black eye from many manufacturers all over the country for this type of behavior.

If you are referring to Superboats, I think he only sells factory direct...and I'm not sure what Kryptonite, Hustler and Activator do, but I do know that Cigarette was severely beaten up back in the 80's for selling through the Everglades back door.

GRH 05-10-2002 03:51 PM

Sean - I did not intend to single out LI.... Certainly not John & SUPERBOATS... I have nothing but good things to say about SUPERBOAT & yes they do support thier dealers .... I refered to LI because there are so many Performance Offshore Boats there ... not as a negative to ANY boat Mfg there on LI.... The only one I have expirience with is SUPERBOAT & mine came from a dealer in NY near Binghamton.... which is where John refered me....

Sean 05-10-2002 03:55 PM

Gotcha...

Do you down this way? If so, look me up, we'll take the boat to Claudio's for some coca colas...

GRH 05-10-2002 04:00 PM

Sean - I plan on coming down Sept 14.... word is there's going to be an "informal" SUPERBOAT gathering.... I'd appreciate following.... as close as I can anyway... somebody around that new the area....

Sean 05-10-2002 04:04 PM

It sounds like it will more than likely be on the South Shore...ahich I know nothing about except that the waters are shallow and unless you follow the bouys, yer gonna end up high and dry...:( :(