Notices

Human Nature

Old 05-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...d-reading.html

Read the above, almost like he's crying out for help.
Take that off a link and post it here in full. It desrves it.
Good find.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Here's the full post.

Good Reading

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This really opened my eyes...

http://www.ptypes.com/narcissisticpd.html

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (American Psychiatric Association, 1994, pg. 661) describes Narcissistic Personality Disorder as a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements);

is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love;

believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions);

requires excessive admiration;

has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations;

is interpersonally exploitive, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends;

lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others;

is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her;

shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

The Dimensional Perspective
Here is a hypothetical profile, in terms of the five-factor model of personality, for Narcissistic Personality Disorder (speculatively constructed from McCrae, 1994, pg. 306) (Cf. Compensatory Narcissistic):

High Neuroticism
Chronic negative affects, including anxiety, fearfulness, tension, irritability, anger, dejection, hopelessness, guilt, shame; difficulty in inhibiting impulses: for example, to eat, drink, or spend money; irrational beliefs: for example, unrealistic expectations, perfectionistic demands on self, unwarranted pessimism; unfounded somatic concerns; helplessness and dependence on others for emotional support and decision making.

High Extraversion
Excessive talking, leading to inappropriate self-disclosure and social friction; inability to spend time alone; attention seeking and overly dramatic expression of emotions; reckless excitement seeking; inappropriate attempts to dominate and control others.

Low Openness
Difficulty adapting to social or personal change; low tolerance or understanding of different points of view or lifestyles; emotional blandness and inability to understand and verbalize own feelings; alexythymia; constricted range of interests; insensitivity to art and beauty; excessive conformity to authority.

Low Agreeableness
Cynicism and paranoid thinking; inability to trust even friends or family; quarrelsomeness; too ready to pick fights; exploitive and manipulative; lying; rude and inconsiderate manner alienates friends, limits social support; lack of respect for social conventions can lead to troubles with the law; inflated and grandiose sense of self; arrogance.

Low Conscientiousness
Underachievement: not fulfilling intellectual or artistic potential; poor academic performance relative to ability; disregard of rules and responsibilities can lead to trouble with the law; unable to discipline self (e.g., stick to diet, exercise plan) even when required for medical reasons; personal and occupational aimlessness.

Character Weaknesses and Vices

Pride, vanity, vainglory, superbia, superiority, hubris, overbearingness, haughtiness, separateness, insensitivity, self-importance, egoism, ego-centricity, wrath, arrogance, malice, hypocrisy, skepticism, ignorance.

Psychiatric*
exploitive
grandiose
feels unique
preoccupied with success
feels entitled
seeks admiration
unempathic
envious
hypersensitive to criticism

Know Your Major Weaknesses

narcissistic.boss - Google Search

* Derived from Michael Stone's (pg. 22) list of the "personality traits" of DSM-III-R Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

The Behavior Perspective
Google Search: narcissistic behavior.therapy
Google Search: comorbidity narcissistic personality

The Life Story Perspective

Childhood

Universal Character Disorder Antisocial

A Christian Approach to Character Disorder
Narcissistic character disorder is a type of "solution" to the problem of anxiety; that is, it is a strategy to alleviate anxiety. The objects of desire and pleasure listed below (derived mostly from Beck, Freeman, and associates, 1990, pp. 49-50) are limited goods pridefully turned to for security when we fail to trust God. They are analogous to Karen Horney's "neurotic needs."
Karen Horney: Intrapsychic Strategies of Defense

The Expansive Solution

Narcissistic type

"Even when we deeply value ourselves, the anxiety built into finitude will tempt us to find our source of security in some strategy rather than a trust in God" (Cooper, pg. 163).

Idols

"According to Ellis, emotional and behavioral difficulties occur when humans take simple preferences (desire for love, approval, success) and turn them into dire needs" (Source).

Compulsive Attachments

Compulsive Aversions

being admired
aggrandizement
being special
being unique
status
superior image
superiority
special favors
favorable treatment
prestige
dispensations
privileges
prerogatives
acknowledgment of superiority by others
being above the rules
glory
wealth
position
power
success
ambition
competitiveness
being scorned
being criticized
being seen as common
being ordinary
being seen as inferior
failure
others not according them admiration and respect
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Chris Sunkin : 12-01-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts

Here's a screencap of the first half of the post, just to clarify the origination.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 05-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 4,249 Likes on 1,225 Posts

I`ve read the long Bi tch threads and I still can`t figure exactly what it`s all about with the Sunkin bashing but man at some point you guys just have to let it go.

Its like a bunch of broads in this forum, drama drama

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 05-06-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Excellent Point

Anyone that uses the credibility of others to gain respect rather than use their own past history.
Dropping ICON names and BUILDER names as close friends or business associates.
As I post on the only person that i got burned ( only pevoked by him lying again) on over a year later.
this made me laugh but how true.
exactly what he just did posted some well known people like and respect him.
Thumper

I stood next to Reggie Fountian in a elevator are we best friends now?

Last edited by thumper038; 05-06-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I`ve read the long Bi tch threads and I still can`t figure exactly what it`s all about with the Sunkin bashing but man at some point you guys just have to let it go.

Its like a bunch of broads in this forum, drama drama
I passed your message on to the hospital.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was test...we failed.Post #6 was meant as a joke had no idea it was the truth.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts

I just re-read pasquesi's first post and it got me thinking. Even though this thread is about reasons to be suspicious of people, the fact is it's human nature to trust what others say. At least until they give you reason not to trust them. This is why people like chris sunkin are able to get away with their scummy sh!t.

I was only around Chris a few times (all recent) and I've thought back about some of the conversations we had, and the more I think about it the more unbelievable it all seems now. There were so many fantastical fabrications just in the small amount of time we spent together that it just makes me shake my head. Things he said that made him look like a superior person that now just make him look like a sad little azzwipe.

The comments about his daughter's pool parties when there is no pool at his house. Or the time in Ft Myers at the Make A Wish dinner when he told me (we were sitting next to one another) that his son was the valedictorian of his high school class and his daughter was the salutorian (sp) of hers. Impressive then, pathetic now. Or, when we were leaving the Miami Boat Show and in the rental car with Alec, Nick and me, he told us an incredible story about how he had reverse-engineered a piece of aircraft (747?) equipment by himself so that his company could manufacture a part for it that is no longer available.

It's interesting to think about what it is in human nature that compels a person to tell these sort of tall tales about himself. It's just as interesting to watch their behavior after they have been caught in the lies.

Interesting, yes, but not really much fun. This dirtbag can't go away fast enough to suit me.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

I'm surprised so many are just now waking up to the fact that this guy was, is, and always will be a tool. Nobody, and I mean nobody can know so much detail about so many different topics right off the top of their head. The man was a cut and paste king. Someone could start a post on anything from fertilizer to nuclear fission and this dude would respond with 20 paragraphs of information supposedly in his own words. Right. My favorite posts from him revolved around what a big guy he was and that no one ever gave him any trouble. I believe he stated he was 6'2", 235lbs, ex-paratrooper, ex-ninja, etc. I ran across Chris in person last year at Captain Ron's at the shootout in LOTO. He was standing at the end of one of the docks chatting up a chick. As my friend and I walked by, I turned to my friend (a true 6'2" guy that weighs 250lbs.) and said "that has to be the shortest 6'2" guy in the world". To me, he looked like a little geek that used to get his azz kicked in school when he was younger. But it didn't surprise he exaggerated his physical attributes as I knew from his posts on OSO and SOS that he was a world class bullchitter and attention whore.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I'm surprised so many are just now waking up to the fact that this guy was, is, and always will be a tool. Nobody, and I mean nobody can know so much detail about so many different topics right off the top of their head.
Always thought the same thing. Only when pressed for page after page would he occasionally admit "oh I have a friend that told me everything"... That and how could a "successful" businessman sit in front of the PC for all that time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.