Notices

Human Nature

Old 05-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Nobody, and I mean nobody can know so much detail about so many different topics right off the top of their head. The man was a cut and paste king. Someone could start a post on anything from fertilizer to nuclear fission and this dude would respond with 20 paragraphs of information supposedly in his own words.
+2
Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I agree with all you guys. I'm the most gullible person around, I guess its because I dont lie and I just take what someone says as the truth. As a few of the people that know me, know that I'm just out for fun and frivolity. I guess it is appropriate that I have pit bulls as my chosen buddies, as I have their tenacity to see something through, I very rarely forget when someone has done me wrong as well. It took me 3 years once before I met one guy face to face and when i did I let him know what I thought of the crap he pulled in front of a few people.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I agree with all you guys. I'm the most gullible person around, I guess its because I dont lie and I just take what someone says as the truth. As a few of the people that know me, know that I'm just out for fun and frivolity. I guess it is appropriate that I have pit bulls as my chosen buddies, as I have their tenacity to see something through, I very rarely forget when someone has done me wrong as well. It took me 3 years once before I met one guy face to face and when i did I let him know what I thought of the crap he pulled in front of a few people.
you didn't beat him up
Old 05-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes280
you didn't beat him up

I think he just stared him down with his piercing blue eyes .... oh no wait ... that was somebody else
Old 05-08-2010, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes280
you didn't beat him up
lmao, nooooo thats always just a last resort....I'll just say many people were unhappy at my words at that time, but those that knew understood
Old 05-08-2010, 05:37 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Excellent Point

Anyone that uses the credibility of others to gain respect rather than use their own past history.
Dropping ICON names and BUILDER names as close friends or business associates.
Hey now I happen to actually know a few of these people.....
Old 05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

one upping, no matter what you have done, the person has always done something bigger and better.
Invisible too! LOL!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Registered

Rob - I'm the same way. There is a breed of people out there that can lie to your face, cheat you, and steal out of your pocket, and somehow I think (I know) they believe thier own crap and lies. The sad thing is when honest good people get preyed on by them, and it seems to happen consistently in the marine business.

Over the years I have found out first hand (way too many times) that anybody that has to talk themselves up or "sell you" on them is bull**** and beware.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

The man himself seemed to almost deal with the subject in a way in the past.

Although I am sure that these words would have been used in one of the other threads

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...fshore-18.html

07-04-2009, 10:44 PM #180
Chris Sunkin
Registered

It seems like your plan is to keep your a$$ firmly planted in your chair and continue to pass yourself off as an experienced boater.

As has been said many times, that's the problem with the internet. People passing themselves off as something they're not. You're a prime example. People come here hoping to get solid advice. Then they run across guys like you that post comments so authoritatively that they appear to know what they're talking about. But in truth, all you have is opinions. Opinions that are based solely on things conjured up in your own mind. And even when confronted with the opportunity to actually spend time in something other than your Barcalounger, you can't be troubled. You're some "expert", aren't you?

You keep talking $hit. I'll keep pointing out that you're the quintessential keyboard boater.

Enjoy your view from the beach!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Chris Sunkin : 07-05-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Excellent Point

Anyone that uses the credibility of others to gain respect rather than use their own past history.
Dropping ICON names and BUILDER names as close friends or business associates.
This is what Im talking about,
I know I didnt pay you for your props cause you gave me a deal ,
but I have friends.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...-36-props.html
Cody white not a stand up guy!!!

Thumper

Last edited by thumper038; 05-10-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.