Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Did I just Get Scammed by Legend Marine? >

Did I just Get Scammed by Legend Marine?

Notices

Did I just Get Scammed by Legend Marine?

Old 05-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did I just Get Scammed by Legend Marine?

I had to get some fiberglass work done on my 47' Fountain and my fiberglass guy said Legend Marine had some jacks to get the boat off the trailer. They said it would be $120 a hour for there work. So they were driving 45 miles there and back. So I figured 1 hour drive here, 1 hour to pick the boat up and 1 hour drive home. Around $400-$500.

Well after they were done he said we will square up when they come back to put the boat on the trailer. The next day they call me and said they need to get paid for what they done. They said it will be $1,000. They said it took them 4 hours total and $125 an hour per worker which there were 2 guys. WOW. What crooks they are. $2,000 to lift a boat and put it down. The jacks only cost $5000 for a set. Guess I am in the wrong business
Old 05-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is that business?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:56 AM
www.LEGENDMARINEGROUP.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

dewayne6243: I am very sorry you feel this way I wish you would call us and talk before posting on here. If you need the number the direct line is 214-904-0052 My cell is 469-546-1204 Greg's is 972-272-4567..

In are defense,
2 Guys 1 Hour to load 8 jacks on the shop trailer, Strap them down hook trailer up to the shop truck etc.
2 Guys were away from the shop for 5 hours to lift the boat.
2 guys 1/2 Hour to unload all the jacks etc.
That's 6.5 Hours per guy we charged 4 Hours Per guy.

Let not forget shop supply's:
Shop Truck, Flatbed Trailer, 8 Yard arms, Gas etc, and the biggest thing of all is INSURANCE lifting a 47 Fountain off a trailer and placing it on blocks is risky if we would have dropped, scratched, nicked, or dinged your boat we would have been responsible let alone if one of are guys would have been hurt we have to have insurance for that and its not cheap.

Now like any business we are here to make a small profit not to scam any one or do any one wrong we did this job as a favor to John Brunner who was nice enough to drive are shop guys to Mansfield and back at no charge also.

I am sorry you feel like you were scammed but please call next time and we can talk about it before posting things on OSO.
[email protected]
Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dewayne6243
I had to get some fiberglass work done on my 47' Fountain and my fiberglass guy said Legend Marine had some jacks to get the boat off the trailer. They said it would be $120 a hour for there work. So they were driving 45 miles there and back. So I figured 1 hour drive here, 1 hour to pick the boat up and 1 hour drive home. Around $400-$500.

Well after they were done he said we will square up when they come back to put the boat on the trailer. The next day they call me and said they need to get paid for what they done. They said it will be $1,000. They said it took them 4 hours total and $125 an hour per worker which there were 2 guys. WOW. What crooks they are. $2,000 to lift a boat and put it down. The jacks only cost $5000 for a set. Guess I am in the wrong business
Never "figure" on your own regarding numbers...You will always let yourself down. Loading and unloading the yard arms in and out of the trailer alone is alot of backbreaking work. Even the nicest ones always have flat tires.

Always remember you own a BOAT break out another thousand.

A thousand each way sounds about right for the work that was done.

At least you will know exactly what it will cost to put it back on the trailer...that is if they decide to do it for you after you ripped them on oso!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Registered

Sounds to me like Legend did you pretty well considering all the details. I've always found that if you don't request a specific quote up front, you always pay more than what you figure yourself.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FountainDealer.com
dewayne6243: I am very sorry you feel this way I wish you would call us and talk before posting on here. If you need the number the direct line is 214-904-0052 My cell is 469-546-1204 Greg's is 972-272-4567..

In are defense,
2 Guys 1 Hour to load 8 jacks on the shop trailer, Strap them down hook trailer up to the shop truck etc.

Shop Truck, Flatbed Trailer, 8 Yard arms, Gas etc, and the biggest thing of all is INSURANCE lifting a 47 Fountain off a trailer and placing it on blocks is risky if we would have dropped, scratched, nicked, or dinged your boat we would have been responsible let alone if one of are guys would have been hurt we have to have insurance for that and its not cheap.

Now like any business we are here to make a small profit not to scam any one or do any one wrong we did this job as a favor to John Brunner who was nice enough to drive are shop guys to Mansfield and back at no charge also.

I am sorry you feel like you were scammed but please call next time and we can talk about it before posting things on OSO.
Sounds about right.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FountainDealer.com

In are defense,

Well maybe I went about this wrong but let me correct you. Only 4 jacks were brought which were unloaded only 10 feet from boat. They left at 1:00 and was packed up and rolled out at 4:00.
John Brunne told me those jacks are $4500 each. You have to understand me from my point. If John Brunne was honest and told me from the start, "Hey Dewayne we are going to charge you $2,000 to do this job. Do you know for another $3000 you can buy yourself a new set of jacks for $5,000?" I am just a little irritated because I need my boat down and I am forced to pay another $1,000 or buy my own jacks. I will give you a call tomorrow and see if we can work something out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds to me like they pulled guys off normal shop jobs to drive across town to lift a boat. Not exactly something in their service line up. Look for other options if you are not willing to pay for the dealership to do something outside of the ordinary.

Hope you guys get it worked out.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TxHawk
Sounds to me like they pulled guys off normal shop jobs to drive across town to lift a boat. Not exactly something in their service line up. Look for other options if you are not willing to pay for the dealership to do something outside of the ordinary.

Hope you guys get it worked out.
I had no clue the dealership was coming to pick my boat up. My fiberglass guy told me he found someone to pick my boat up and put it down for around $1,000 total.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dewayne6243
I had no clue the dealership was coming to pick my boat up. My fiberglass guy told me he found someone to pick my boat up and put it down for around $1,000 total.
Sounds like you should back charge your fiberglass guy. Hell you probably could have had Legend do it at their shop by now for all the money you are going to have in it by using your guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.