Dead beat engine builders >

Dead beat engine builders

Notices

Dead beat engine builders

Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Hey Art, would real friend put you out for 2 years. Same as this crap with Chris Sunkin, he kept trying to say he was my friend...Friends don't lie to friends Art, no matter what the issue is...
or maybe they really are not friends!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

This will be my only post on this thread.
We have been doing business with Jack Boyd longer than I can remeber. He has ALWAYS done an excelent job machining. He told me the specifics to this story, "Sonic" was far from screwed. Jack built and dynoed the motor, Sonic installed it and according to FAST "Shorted out the computer" which is of course, not Jack's fault. The motor ran awesome when it left Boyd's shop. Jack Boyd is a stand up guy, has done business with plenty of members on this board as well. Theres always two sides to a story.
Enough said.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I thought I did got warned by one or two that he takes a long time, I thought that ment 6 mons not 22. and we were new friends a year before this. I should of went to Tim DORR in maine he does rigging and drives with motors and is fast. has people hold on to there stuff until he is about ready that way no one complains but he will if you don't come on time to pick it up with a check for him. same with pete nopper tranny drive guy no cash up front on small stuff. boy new boat 8 mons no motor I was never excited because Iwas worried about the motor all winter
The long wait, by an owner of a famous old race boat and one of the very few guys I can look eye to eye with, completely shied me away from your particular builder. I have trouble remembering 22 months ago much less what was said.

Tommy at Chief and Brad at Smith Power are the ones that I can personally recommend.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
This will be my only post on this thread.
We have been doing business with Jack Boyd longer than I can remeber. He has ALWAYS done an excelent job machining. He told me the specifics to this story, "Sonic" was far from screwed. Jack built and dynoed the motor, Sonic installed it and according to FAST "Shorted out the computer" which is of course, not Jack's fault. The motor ran awesome when it left Boyd's shop. Jack Boyd is a stand up guy, has done business with plenty of members on this board as well. Theres always two sides to a story.
Enough said.
I am glad this is your only post as someone gave you some false info.First off how could i short out the computer when i payed to have the injection completely install and dynoed.I payed jacka$$ to install wire tune etc the injection.So if i got what i paid for i would just have to bolt it in hook up a few lines and plug it in.How do you burn up something that you just plug in?????As far as Jaska$$ or anyone else for that matter talking to fast is bull.We have been working with matt maxwell at fast feel free to call him his # is 877 334 8355.Im sure he will tell you a few thing about the way this thing was tuned.As far as jacka$$s machine work i never said anything bad about it.As far as i know his machine work is second to none.So being that jack does all of the machine work on you motors and you just put them together and dyno them you have no worries.I know you and jack do alot of biz together so i dont take it personal you licking his ass and trying to make him look like a good guy.And if you remember you offer to fix my motor until you found out jacka$$ is the one that messed it up.If i had thought about it i would have kept my mouth shut on who messed this motor up and had you fix it and then as you where bad mouthing the person that built it you would have found out who it was.Im not as nice as the guy that had his intake come off of his motor that jack built because jack forgot to tighting the bolts.(and im the jerk right)This guy also picked up his motor( the first time)the same day as i did and wouldnt know jack sent both motors out with the wrong plugs in them.Im not sure whats better that jack told me it would take 2-3 week before i would get my motor back and it took him 7 MONTHES.Or after someone set him on fire(thats the only way you can get him to move) to get my motor done and i went up to pick up my pos motor and pay him.I counted the money out to him and then he also counted and then put it in his pocket.A few day later we speek and he tells me that i shorted him a $100.WTF i guess we both cant do math.Or maybe it was when jack had his wife call me and tell me that my motor wasnt done and jack is sick so it will be a few more monthes before you get your motor back but i would like you to pay me for it now.So let me get this right Mrs.Jacka$$ your monthes late on getting me back my motor back and now you want me to pay you in full for it.You should have taken the money i offer you when i dropped the motor off or the 20 times i called you to see if you would ever get it done.Anyway my boat is running and will be back on the water this weekend.I would just like to thank everyone that helped and supported me tru this.If it wasnt for trevor,morgan and maxwell@fast i would never had got this thing running.Thanx guys oh and jack lets see who gets the last laugh.I told jack to send down 3 i bonds for $500 each in the names of trevor,morgan, and myselfs kids names and this would all go away but i guess jack wants to spend 10 times that to make this right.Thanx again everyone it means a lot and sleep good jack.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
its good to see your one of the good guys you need to have customers post there good stories which will help get you out there. BUT what helps the most if you do a motor in the time asked otherwise it won't matter how good someone is. I shipped a motor that was only needing to be put back together 5grand later in new parts and 22months later its still a short block but being finished next week and this was paid over in full, big name guy who is a friend I just can't yell at him but the dead line is on and sad thing is my other motor back up is going to a guy who was my second pick 2 hours away he takes 3 weeks on averge time. good luck get your name out there.
just thank your Lucky starz you did'nt use L@rrys in Tucson

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...any-ideas.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-shipping.html
Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sonic
Thanx again everyone it means a lot and sleep good jack.
I don't who you're thanking I don;t see where anyone but you complained about Jack on here....
Old 06-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GORT
I have done business with Boyd Motorworks in NY for several years & found thier products to be second to none!

The guy is the best in the business in my opinion and the opinion of everyone I know that has had work done by him.
Nice to hear that you had pleasant experiences with him.
Were they complete builds??

I don't who you're thanking I don;t see where anyone but you complained about Jack on here....
Don't know where you're from GORT and I'm not taking sides here. But I will say that because of the experience of others with him, when I needed any major work done I went to Performance Marine. If machine work needed I took the short block to Rick Gorka in Clifton Park.

Just too many negative reports for me to go to Boyds.
But I have heard he builds one helluva Stock Car engine.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:13 PM
GRH
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Nice to hear that you had pleasant experiences with him.
Were they complete builds??

Don't know where you're from GORT and I'm not taking sides here. But I will say that because of the experience of others with him, when I needed any major work done I went to Performance Marine. If machine work needed I took the short block to Rick Gorka in Clifton Park.

Just too many negative reports for me to go to Boyds.
But I have heard he builds one helluva Stock Car engine.
You never heard anything bad about Jack from me Jake.... and yes the motor in the 24 Superboat was a complete build & is still running like new to this day 7 yrs & three owners later with hundreds of hours on it.....and if Bubba is who you're reffering to regarding expirience Jeff installed that motor if I remember correct and the issues were with the set up? also Bubba's expectations for that 28' Checkmate with 650HP were way too high imo... and is that boat still not running around some 4 yrs later without issues?

Like I said anyone, well anyone with reasonable expectations, that I know that has dealt with Jack has been satisfied.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You never heard anything bad about Jack from me Jake.... and yes the motor in the 24 Superboat was a complete build & is still running like new to this day 7 yrs & three owners later with hundreds of hours on it.....and if Bubba is who you're reffering to regarding expirience Jeff installed that motor if I remember correct and the issues were with the set up? also Bubba's expectations for that 28' Checkmate with 650HP were way too high imo... and is that boat still not running around some 4 yrs later without issues?

Like I said anyone, well anyone with reasonable expectations, that I know that has dealt with Jack has been satisfied.
Bubbas boat was one that I know of besides 2 others. Can't see how jeff installing the engine and bolting up the out drive had anything to do with Jacks Build. Bubba spent 22 K for a supposedly 650 HP 540 that didn't go any faster than the stock HP 500. Biggest reason Bubba sold it. he was disgusted with it.
Yes it's still running.. Just as schitty as when Bubba owned it.
650 HP in a 28' Checkmate and it never ran faster than 68 MPH.
Like I said, I heard Jack builds a helluva stock car engine.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:43 PM
GRH
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Bubbas boat was one that I know of besides 2 others. Can't see how jeff installing the engine and bolting up the out drive had anything to do with Jacks Build. Bubba spent 22 K for a supposedly 650 HP 540 that didn't go any faster than the stock HP 500. Biggest reason Bubba sold it. he was disgusted with it.
Yes it's still running.. Just as schitty as when Bubba owned it.
650 HP in a 28' Checkmate and it never ran faster than 68 MPH.
Like I said, I heard Jack builds a helluva stock car engine.
Seems to me it was 5mph faster... that boat never ran 68 mph stock.... I base on the many times I ran with him before & after the build... but i disagree that the build and install have nothing to do with each other... In this guys case Jack has the dyno sheets, as this guy does, to prove how it ran when it left the shop.... just plug it in and go? or maybe charge the battery after you plug it in and torch the MSD????

Safest thing to do is have the engine builder do the install.... then there can be no doubts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.