Notices

Soundwaves

Old 07-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Soundwaves

Anyone else have any dealings with Soundwaves? Having an issue and trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but they haven't communucated very well. Beginning to get the sensation of being played. Hope not.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:32 AM

Sound Waves in New Baltimore, MI ? If so yes and never again! You pay good money expecting a quality installation and I guess that was too much to ask!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsation96
Sound Waves in New Baltimore, MI ? If so yes and never again! You pay good money expecting a quality installation and I guess that was too much to ask!
Didn't get a very clean installation from them either. Price was adequate but they didn't do everything they said they would. I wouldn't use them again.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan8886
Didn't get a very clean installation from them either. Price was adequate but they didn't do everything they said they would. I wouldn't use them again.
+100 that is the same thing I was thinking and I called them to fix everything and was put on the back burner. No problem I got it all fixed some where else and moved on but I will never send a friend or anyone there. I was fine with towning the boat back to fix it, you would think they would roll out the red carpet to fix it rather than make someone mad but oh well!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, almost used them this spring, glad I didnt! The guy I used took forever though, and still hasnt fixed my bugs so maybe its just the stereo business in general. Seems like you cant find good installers anymore
Old 07-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered

Maybe I should have asked before I used them, lol. Live and learn.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered

Default My issue with Soundwaves

Here's my issue with Soundwaves. I ordered a JL Audio MHD900/5, two pair of 7.7"components, and two subwoofers third week of June. Got email couple days later that they only had one subwoofer, but would ship whole order a couple days later when they received it. My card was charged for full amount on 6/24/10. I received nothing that week. The following Monday I received two subwoofers and one pair of the 7.7"components that were missing the tweeters. I then proceeded to get about a two week run around before anything else shipped. I then was told everything was on it's way. I received an Alpine deck I was foolish enough to have them add to my order and the other pair of 7.7" components(this pair had tweeters). So was still missing a set of tweeters and an amp and July is about over. They finally decided to ship my tweeters and said the amp was on it's way. When I received the shipment it was a M400/4 and a M600/1 set of amps instead of the 5 channel. The separates are actually rated a little less RMS wattage(irregardless of what's insinuated by model name) and retail about $160-$180 less than the MHD900/5. I was never informed of the substitution until I received it. Since some of the order was already installed I wasn't prepared to ship it all back. The owner agreed to refund $150.00 but hasn't done so. He also has never sent a receipt or Bill of Sale. I have since disputed the amount charged with my card company and have file a complaint with the Eastern MI BBB. All I ever asked for was a receipt and for them to communicate. We could have worked the deal out over the amp substitution if they could communicate. If things weren't available or were back ordered they should have just said so. Very, very frustrating experience. Won't be worth the frustration to do business or should I say try to do business there in the future. Guess I learned a lesson; if the deal sounds too good....
Sure sounds damn good though, lol.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered

I thought they had a great rep, I believe I read that on LSCN.net.......

I think I got fair pricing, but they did not show up when they said they would to do the work and cost me an afternoon on the water. They also did not do an exceptionally clean install, with wires left dangling a bit.

I was not thrilled with the overall deal, but wasn't totally angry either. Looks like it could have been worse.

I've had some frustrations with Mickey Shore in RO too on car/truck installs and have been back a few times, so maybe I'm too easy going, or all stereo places are flakes!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Registered

I just can't figure out why I can't get a receipt from a retail establishment and a refund for the agreed to amount for the surprise amp substitution.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Something must be up with JL because i wanted a MHD600/4 and got a M series six channel instead, said the other was on backorder and they would swap it out when it came in, that was 2 months ago.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.