Looking for some help >

Looking for some help

Notices

Looking for some help

Old 11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some help

After attending a poker run with some gentlemen from this site (and then finding out what OSO was after a google search), I've tried selling some of my high end small blocks and bravo drives on this site in the classified sections.

With in a week, I got an email and an offer but to me things are starting to head south in a hurry. I have the guy on hold and am attempting to play the game with him but am getting no real information from.

His name is Kingsley Mont, anyone heard of him? I couldn't find a forum account, and his email is [email protected], anyone come across this email before?

He wants me to ship everything to the UK and claims to be an Oceanist, and can only pay through paypal, as he is currently at sea. I know most paypal scams are from the UK and his lack of information causes me to distrust him and see if anyone else has had dealings with him, if I am wrong I apologize but I need to protect my investment and business first. My problem is I neither trust paypal for a transfer of this amount and I have to wait 2-3 months for the payments to be cleared or I could end losing my motor and not receiving payments, something I simply can not afford.

If I have missed anything I'm totally open to share my entire side, sorry if I have missed anything.

Like I said before I simply can't afford to lose this motor, and I have had a friend lose 9k and a trailer to a buyer from the UK because of Paypal...

Last edited by Kings11; 11-03-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

as the seller you are not obligated to accommodate a buyer, either they tender funds in a way acceptable and cleared by you or move on, that simple. Sorry cant help on identifying the buyer. I am always skeptical of any buyer needing special circumstances.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-03-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why are you having problems with paypal i use paypal almost everyday dealing on ebay like i do and why would it take 2 to 3 months for the payment to clear if you follow the rules set by paypal if this is a scam they will back you up and refund you the money they protect sellers as well as buyers
Old 11-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Run. Gala.net is a free email linked to many scams. not to mention Im sure there are many capable of building a mighty mouse in the uk that one wouldnt need the expense to ship motors overseas. If its that fancy of a motor, who in their right minds is going to buy it sight unseen and have it shipped overseas without having it checked out etc...
Old 11-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Run. Gala.net is a free email linked to many scams. not to mention Im sure there are many capable of building a mighty mouse in the uk that one wouldnt need the expense to ship motors overseas. If its that fancy of a motor, who in their right minds is going to buy it sight unseen and have it shipped overseas without having it checked out etc...
Was my thought but was unsure.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Sounds Like A Scam,run, Dont Walk, Run Away From This Guy.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
Sounds Like A Scam,run, Dont Walk, Run Away From This Guy.
Thats great advice................take it.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Registered

Never look back or answer another question... do not give him the time of day....
COMPLETE SCAM
Zeeeeero doubt
Old 09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Registered

Complete Scam

Last edited by kcresta; 09-02-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Your Buyer !

Puniish him,hook him up with CATMANDO !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.