Fair Exchange of Information

Notices

Fair Exchange of Information

Old 01-31-2011, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by dewayne6243
What about Legend Marine Group that has screwed over dozens of people here but there thread always seems to get locked?
this is exactly what she is talking about. if you have a legitimate gripe with them and documentation to back it up. feel free to start a thread. but by posting what you just did is the reason threads and posts get deleted.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
this is exactly what she is talking about. if you have a legitimate gripe with them and documentation to back it up. feel free to start a thread. but by posting what you just did is the reason threads and posts get deleted.
I had proof and just about everyone agreed I was right. The post still was closed. Legend is a paid advertiser and they will be protected here.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The REAL problem here is that there are a few...the "chosen" if you will...that can do, say or post anything that they want and nothing is said or done about it. As for the protecting of advertisers here...they are a money crop for OSO, so you dont crap in your own basket, but if an advertiser has done a wrong to someone...then they too should suffer the rath from whoever without everyone else jumping in to run their mouth about something that does not concern them. Let the advertiser and the other person hash it out. This should also be the case with each individual...but it isnt. There are always some...mostly the "chosen few" that have to bad mouth someone or some business when they have no real knowledge of what the problem might be. But that doesnt seem to matter, because what they dont know for fact, they always make something up...which pretty much speaks for their character.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not happy with work performed

I had proof and just about everyone agreed I was right. The post still was closed. Legend is a paid advertiser and they will be protected here.
I certainly do not want to take sides or anger anyone in discussing your dispute, but I did read it over and you listed your complaint and the company responded. I do not know if you ever reached a compromise, but it seems like you did not. At that point, it was over and it does no good to keep on posting about the same experience. You had people on both sides of the fence with some siding with you and some with the Legend folks. A company can choose to resolve a dispute and or they can ignore the problem and risk the bad public relations. But the one thing that does not help either side is continued posting about the same issue or others who have no connection to the business chiming in to add their two cents, unless they have had a true business dealing with the business and can report negative or positive experiences. Most likely, you should have insisted on a firm quote to perform your job as opposed to a "by the hour" price that was open ended. Some business tend to try and recover all the costs in a "time and material" job like you entered into and some use it as a license to steal. Regardless, the need to have a forum like this is huge and whether a business is an advertiser or not should not be involved with the content, unless they are subjected to lies and half truths. But on the other hand, a business who never advertises here should also be treated fairly and not subjected to haranguing and exaggerated claims. The ultimate judge and jury for all this should be the court of public reaction to the postings of both sides, as long as they are civil.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
I certainly do not want to take sides or anger anyone in discussing your dispute, but I did read it over and you listed your complaint and the company responded. I do not know if you ever reached a compromise, but it seems like you did not. At that point, it was over and it does no good to keep on posting about the same experience. You had people on both sides of the fence with some siding with you and some with the Legend folks. A company can choose to resolve a dispute and or they can ignore the problem and risk the bad public relations. But the one thing that does not help either side is continued posting about the same issue or others who have no connection to the business chiming in to add their two cents, unless they have had a true business dealing with the business and can report negative or positive experiences. Most likely, you should have insisted on a firm quote to perform your job as opposed to a "by the hour" price that was open ended. Some business tend to try and recover all the costs in a "time and material" job like you entered into and some use it as a license to steal. Regardless, the need to have a forum like this is huge and whether a business is an advertiser or not should not be involved with the content, unless they are subjected to lies and half truths. But on the other hand, a business who never advertises here should also be treated fairly and not subjected to haranguing and exaggerated claims. The ultimate judge and jury for all this should be the court of public reaction to the postings of both sides, as long as they are civil.
It is all in the past. The $1K they screwed me on was nothing. My buddy was going to by a new 47' Fountain from Legend and he went with another dealership. Also 2 of my friends with 47' Fountains and 1 with a 42' Fountain stopped using Legend for there marine service. Overall they lost over $150K over my dispute and it is still adding up.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Banned

It is all in the past. The $1K they screwed me on was nothing. My buddy was going to by a new 47' Fountain from Legend and he went with another dealership. Also 2 of my friends with 47' Fountains and 1 with a 42' Fountain stopped using Legend for there marine service. Overall they lost over $150K over my dispute and it is still adding up.
That is the way you fight back when a business will not be fair. I hope little by little the marine business picks up because I believe some of this bad experiences you hear about are a by product of a dealer loosing money and making the wrong choices because of it.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I agree, sounds like you ultimately have the last laugh. I just don't get dishonest people. I get more business from clients that get screwed by the hacks. Doesn't mean the customer is always right, but it does pay to chose the battles.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I agree, sounds like you ultimately have the last laugh. I just don't get dishonest people. I get more business from clients that get screwed by the hacks. Doesn't mean the customer is always right, but it does pay to chose the battles.
What you so is so true. Over the years, I have seen hundreds of times when a customer of ours is out of line or just plain wrong, but it never serves us well to fight and argue over the details when the bigger picture is your reputation with the general public and with the internet, it can come back to haunt you. Better make them happy and they will tell their friends.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Have to agree with Offshoredrillon on this subject; no one likes to loose money... In a lot of instances the buyer does not do their home work and get screwed in the end and the businesses bend over backwards to make some one happy and still get mugged over it ..... Cavaet Emptor

Jim
Old 02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Man if I new that Legend was selling new 47's for 150,000 then I would have bought one. I have bought 3 boats from Legend and was treated great each time. As stated before,there is two sides to every story. Why keep bringing up the same thing over and over if there was equal parts of defence on Legends behalf. Just move on and stop slandering Legend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.