Joey Griffin Engines

Notices

Joey Griffin Engines

Old 02-12-2011, 06:38 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slug-ger
Nothing has changed-- I am a Joey Griffin fan and have owned a pair of Joey's engines with no failures. Using common sense tells me that no one is perfect and has 100% success. Don't let the few comebacks of this engine builder change your mind -- he is a great engine builder.
YOU may have a good one. I personally know of 4 people that had motors done by Joey - sometimes twice - NONE of them got a good motor. None of these guys run them hard either. Plus the local builders here have many many stories about EXACTLY what everyone mentions on this thread.
Where there is smoke, there is fire.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 02-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
YOU may have a good one. I personally know of 4 people that had motors done by Joey - sometimes twice - NONE of them got a good motor. None of these guys run them hard either. Plus the local builders here have many many stories about EXACTLY what everyone mentions on this thread.
Where there is smoke, there is fire.
I agree Bill, i have personally experienced it. 40 some hrs on my engine and not abused. But it was worn out with misrepresented parts and came with a BS dyno sheet. My friend has personally experienced this. I have seen older Griffin engines do good but recently i have seen crap. From what I have seen, its not somebody not being "perfect" or "100%".....its someone one taking money and not giving people what they paid for. I.E. SCAM
Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Slug-ger
Nothing has changed-- I am a Joey Griffin fan and have owned a pair of Joey's engines with no failures. Using common sense tells me that no one is perfect and has 100% success. Don't let the few comebacks of this engine builder change your mind -- he is a great engine builder.
Everyone makes mistakes, it's the misrepresentation coming out in this thread that is troublesome.

If a mistake is made then the measure of the builder (of anything) is how it's rectified. I'm a contractor of residential homes. If I make a goof I fix it. However I don't tell my clients they are getting X and deliver Y, that's deceit and that's a whole different ball game.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

I have nine engines built by Joey and Chris, Big Blocks , Small Blocks , Blown and natural and have ran the pure living S#$# out of them and had one rocker arm fail. I have had two 850s that had over 80 hard hrs on them before he rebuilt them. They have four races on them now and they still run fine. I don't post much but , how did all these failures happen? Ideling out the cut, I don't think , who knows. Mine might blow up the next time i run them. Griffin has always treated me very fair and in my case, his engines make big RELIABLE Power. I suggest all you guys that have had problems go to Summit , Jegs, World and buy some Create Engines, bolt up your headers, sea pump, and ignition and give that a shot. Jeffrey McCann
Old 02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by screammachine
I have nine engines built by Joey and Chris, Big Blocks , Small Blocks , Blown and natural and have ran the pure living S#$# out of them and had one rocker arm fail. I have had two 850s that had over 80 hard hrs on them before he rebuilt them. They have four races on them now and they still run fine. I don't post much but , how did all these failures happen? Ideling out the cut, I don't think , who knows. Mine might blow up the next time i run them. Griffin has always treated me very fair and in my case, his engines make big RELIABLE Power. I suggest all you guys that have had problems go to Summit , Jegs, World and buy some Create Engines, bolt up your headers, sea pump, and ignition and give that a shot. Jeffrey McCann
He didn't build mine but I know at least one of the guys that had a Griffin motor blow rebuilt it himself.....and it's still running today. When he tells you it has Lunati crank, it blows in 30-40 hours and it has an Eagle crank as well as other parts of a lower level than you were told it doesn't matter if they drove the chit out of it....the man lied about the parts he used to build your motor. Since you are apparently a loyal, repeat customer he'd be foolish to screw you over like he would someone he doesn't expect to see again.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
He didn't build mine but I know at least one of the guys that had a Griffin motor blow rebuilt it himself.....and it's still running today. When he tells you it has Lunati crank, it blows in 30-40 hours and it has an Eagle crank as well as other parts of a lower level than you were told it doesn't matter if they drove the chit out of it....the man lied about the parts he used to build your motor. Since you are apparently a loyal, repeat customer he'd be foolish to screw you over like he would someone he doesn't expect to see again.
repeat customer he'd be foolish to screw you over like he would someone he doesn't expect to see again.

so how do you detemine who will be a repeat customer and who they would never see again ????
thnx
Old 02-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by screammachine
80 hours on 850's is nothing to brag about. Just sayin'.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
repeat customer he'd be foolish to screw you over like he would someone he doesn't expect to see again.

so how do you detemine who will be a repeat customer and who they would never see again ????
thnx
up til about 5 years ago you never heard stories like this about Griffin....now I hear them all the time. Maybe times got tough and anyone new got junk....and anyone who had already been a customer got what he paid for???? (I'm speculating).

I know one twin engine boat Griffin did that lost a motor.....and was rebuilt. Soon after the other one went and the internals weren't even the same parts that were in the first motor. I don't know about you but most people rebuilding both motors tend to use the same parts in each of them.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
I don't know about you but most people rebuilding both motors tend to use the same parts in each of them.
Especially if the client is paying for the "good stuff"
Old 02-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Especially if the client is paying for the "good stuff"
dont get me started

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.