Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
dont get me started

Hey Big Daddy, I think he already did. LMFAO
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
80 hours on 850's is nothing to brag about. Just sayin'.
When you run them like i do between 4500 and 6500 70% of the time turning 38s. I think thats a pretty heavy load. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think Merc makes a engine that turns over 5400. I have seen them come all to hell in less than an hr. Like i said , I have had a great experiance with Griffin and he will continue to do my work. Most people, like me, when they get in a boat, it's ran hard. Plus , they sound better running hard. I want all engines to stay together. It's alot more fun. Jeffrey McCann
Old 02-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I know is he used to build some nice HP600's in the factory classes.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you give him two Hp 500 EFI'S with 170hrs on them Because you want more, And after 42 hrs one loses oil psi and he tells you sorry you ran it out of oil . Then you pull it down and it has 3 sleeves in it . Then you pull the other one down and it's not the same as the other one, Rods different lifters different one intake with machine work done the other not , What is one to think ?????
Old 02-12-2011, 09:43 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Everyone makes mistakes, it's the misrepresentation coming out in this thread that is troublesome.

If a mistake is made then the measure of the builder (of anything) is how it's rectified. I'm a contractor of residential homes. If I make a goof I fix it. However I don't tell my clients they are getting X and deliver Y, that's deceit and that's a whole different ball game.
I hear ya. One guy I personally know - had issues. I was there when he asked Joey to do the "right thing". Joey said "I don't wana work on you boat no more". I was there - too bad, when my friend tore it down, used parts, mismatched parts, mis matched motors, sleeves and more. That ws blatant deceit!

Btw: Joey was sued for this from an angry client years back; he lost.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 02-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Hey Big Daddy, I think he already did. LMFAO
pokin the bear
Old 02-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
All I know is he used to build some nice HP600's in the factory classes.
I saw 637 at one time. about ten years ago. I thought they were pleasure boat motors. Silly me, Is that why they out ran everyone?
Old 02-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Registered

wow i think everyone is getting off track in the main issue.. If some one says that you are getting a certain part you better be getting that part. Thats consumer fraud. But if when the motor was built and it wasnt spelled out exactly what you were getting then thats bad business on both partys. and if thats what happened and he was just going off reputation that sux...I know its a hp motor but it better last more than 10 hours...just my.02 good parts or cheap
Old 02-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered

Default Technically

Originally Posted by screammachine
When you run them like i do between 4500 and 6500 70% of the time turning 38s. I think thats a pretty heavy load. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think Merc makes a engine that turns over 5400. I have seen them come all to hell in less than an hr. Like i said , I have had a great experiance with Griffin and he will continue to do my work. Most people, like me, when they get in a boat, it's ran hard. Plus , they sound better running hard. I want all engines to stay together. It's alot more fun. Jeffrey McCann
Technically there Jeffrey, I think but can be mistaken Mercury doesnt build they marinize a create engine except for the pretty blue engines from HP. The 5400 is because the lifters wont take it ask the people who have had Whipple do the upgrade whats the first falure they have and it doesnt take long. And then of coarse theres my all time favorites a little bit of blue gas and 7600 cant beat that sound.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Driveguy
Technically there Jeffrey, I think but can be mistaken Mercury doesnt build they marinize a create engine except for the pretty blue engines from HP. The 5400 is because the lifters wont take it ask the people who have had Whipple do the upgrade whats the first falure they have and it doesnt take long. And then of coarse theres my all time favorites a little bit of blue gas and 7600 cant beat that sound.
a little bit of blue gas and 7600 cant beat that sound.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.