Notices

paypal

Old 03-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

PHUK paypal!! don't use em, don't wanna use them!! Cash is KING!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i learned the hardway, paypal is a ripoff, i only do direct dep or mail a check when it clears you get your part
Old 03-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered

Get this ........pp is holding your money after some one pays for up 21 days - auto escrow!
Now they found another way to make money on your money 21 days of interest
Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Can't tell you how many times scammers have tried to scam me using paypal.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered

There has been alot of good information about selling on this thread. What is the best way to not get ripped off buying & selling used parts across the country?? I've got a set of 6 blade 27 Herings I will be listing on OSO and know they will probably end up 4 to 5 states away since I live in Idaho and would hate to send them anywhere with out cash in hand, but also see the point of buyer beware...anyone who knows alot more than myself on what works the best please shed some light on the topic.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

heres the deal you buy and sell out of state you run into issues. I have bought out of state and paid with pay pail and have been fine everytime. But you have to see it from a sellers and a buyers point. Not so sure as a buyer I would want to send a full check then wait for part, with pay pale I have some protection. You could do half down with a check and the other half when they get the part. But the buyer and seller have to come to agreement. as ****ty as pay pale can be, dont really see a better way. Now If I were to ever sell or buy something big I would never use pay pal.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered

I too have been royally screwed by the long dong of Paypal. Sold a phone to a guy in Miami, shipped USPS 1st class with tracking, was contacted 30 days later by Paypal stating that the buyer never received the item and has filed a claim. I forwarded the tracking information to Paypal showing that the item was received at the address. Paypal replied that even though the tracking shows that the item was delivered, the buyer says they never received the item and they refunded his money. It was at that exact moment that I closed both my Paypal and Ebay accounts and have not used either since.

Since I am a diligent person and shipped it insured, I then filed a claim with the USPS using the Paypal documentation as evidence that the item was missing. USPS denied the claim because the tracking info shows that the item was delivered. Screwed and double screwed.

Mike
Old 04-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BigMike
I too have been royally screwed by the long dong of Paypal. Sold a phone to a guy in Miami, shipped USPS 1st class with tracking, was contacted 30 days later by Paypal stating that the buyer never received the item and has filed a claim. I forwarded the tracking information to Paypal showing that the item was received at the address. Paypal replied that even though the tracking shows that the item was delivered, the buyer says they never received the item and they refunded his money. It was at that exact moment that I closed both my Paypal and Ebay accounts and have not used either since.

Since I am a diligent person and shipped it insured, I then filed a claim with the USPS using the Paypal documentation as evidence that the item was missing. USPS denied the claim because the tracking info shows that the item was delivered. Screwed and double screwed.

Mike
how the f**k can they deny such evidence?