Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!!  HELP!! >

29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!! HELP!!

Notices

29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!! HELP!!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask lakespeed(eric) about his insurance policy on his $55,000 eliminator.... it clearly states in his policy if your boat is for sale it is not covered on the insurance. I never got insurance on it since I just got the boat in early November and my homeowners covered it as long as it was at my house. Now as far as my boat goes no I dont want it to keep Id rather sell it, but only having $6,000 cash and no boat and no tahoe that he traded me that is no impounded, I'd rather have my boat back wouldnt you??????????
Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Registered

Well the guy handed over the $6k and the tahoe and it was "in his girlfriends" name and everything was good etc etc. so the boat went into his girlfriends name and i'm thinking that hes thinking he stuck me with a stolen vehicle and he got away scotch free with my boat and that they wouldnt report the boat stolen? maybe not but thats my thoughts? theres always something in fine writing in insurance policy's and like cash said a different narrator. like the detective said, nothing has his name on it whatsoever so they cant look for him, they have to look for his "girlfriend" and the boat. which he says it looks like her name is a fake that there is nothing on her back ground and that it could have been all part of the scheme? makes me sick to my stomach. the boat could be painted now who knows?? if you see a 29 fountain with some black guys in it, more than likely its them.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:22 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Not too many 29 Fountains w twins on that lake period.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Registered

yea Ive only ever seen about 3 or 4 29 fevers with twins in that old of a boat. but hopefully someone will see them out on the lake or pulling it down the road. he wont be storing it at the lake I dont believe.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
One more question that I don't think I can figure out the answer to:

Who would just hand over $6k in cash on a deal they KNOW is going to turn around on them, in days if not hours, and still be local and in plain view?

Not bashing the seller, just not sure how that would be a good idea for the buyer.
That is exactly what I'm talking about.

Why would an organized thief give away 6k cash on some deal that gets discovered the minute someone goes to the license office ??

Doesnt make sense.

AND....if the purchaser is a thief, why are you looking for him on a local lake driving the boat ?

Isnt it long gone, in a shop getting painted or in a bunch of pieces by now ?

All very odd.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe the guy that bought the Fountain didn't orchestrate the Vin # changes and he just got the Tahoe cheap from someone.
Still stolen property.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera572
Maybe the guy that bought the Fountain didn't orchestrate the Vin # changes and he just got the Tahoe cheap from someone.
Still stolen property.
The Tahoe ownership ( by error or planned ) has an address on it.
If the Tahoe owner was tricked previous to all this then they should be able to be found.

BUT if the Tahoe person was the bad guy, how did he think he was going to transfer the boat and trailer into ANY name , when its obvious the gig is up the minute Justin goes to the license office and its discovered the Tahoe is stolen?

Cant believe the license offices transferred the Tahoe into anyones name previous to all this when its stolen.

That tells me the guy that did this to Justin planned it all along.

Again it makes one ask, Why is anyone looking for someone on a local lake. The guy cant be actually using a boat that he knows has been immediately recognized as stolen.

An odd comment from the police dept..."keep the 6k and go find your boat" Never heard of that.
The 6k is evidence in a fraud/theft.

What a mess.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Registered

BTW... what year is the Fountain ?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Registered

Last edited by Skullkrusher; 04-17-2011 at 07:22 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 04-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

NO NO NO, the tahoe vin plate on the dash was changed and the door vins to match the title, I ran a carfax and everything was fine on that vin. I could have gotten a tag sent the title off and everything, lakespeed(eric) came over and we got to looking and noticed the vin plate didnt look normal and the door vin was a photocopy. so the vin on the truck was good(they changed the vin plates) and they cut the wires to the OBD2 port so you couldnt plug in the computer which had the stolen vin number. make sense?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.