Stereo equipment stolen/vandalized Venetian Marina >

Stereo equipment stolen/vandalized Venetian Marina

Notices

Stereo equipment stolen/vandalized Venetian Marina

Old 05-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts
Default Stereo equipment stolen/vandalized Venetian Marina

Some speakers were stolen out of my SeaRay at Venetian marina inside cold storage. They also tried to pry the head unit out of the mount and damaged the unit. I think these were kids because they weren't very good theives.

Just wanted to give a heads up as I know there are alot of performance boaters that rack store inside and out there.

The management didn't seem to care when I notified them of the incident. I wasn't looking for any compensation, as it is not a high dollar item, but their attitude turned me off. I am unsure if I will stay there docked next year or not.

Problem is that there is no place else to rack store an offshore boat in the area. Time to look at boathouses....
Old 05-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

A locked winter storage area? If so, who would have access? Yes, I believe there would be a liability issue on their part. Their awareness would be heightened if you filed a police report.

Try Skipper Buds/Marina Del Isle-They rack store my 382.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kjm5125
A locked winter storage area? If so, who would have access? Yes, I believe there would be a liability issue on their part. Their awareness would be heightened if you filed a police report.

Im sure they made him sign something for storage, ,,,hold harmless,,,,release of liability etc.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Registered

They are not responsible for items on the boat, period. I was not going to file a police report for a $150 hundred dollar item, much less a claim. I would think they would want to take action for tresspassing, etc. They also mentioned that they had some TVs stolen around December, again with a laid back casual attitude.

I would be careful, as always, with any removable equipment left at Venetian, just a heads up. I don't think it's as much of a problem in season, however, I have already decided not to leave the boat there over winter anymore.

Hey kjm, I live in Olmsted Falls too. Where are you at?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont blame you, if they didnt care about there own stuff getting stolen they sure wont care about yours
Old 05-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey kjm, I live in Olmsted Falls too. Where are you at?[/QUOTE]

Falls Point
Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Registered

Did you speak to Richard??
Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Registered

Hey kjm, I live in Olmsted Falls too. Where are you at?
Falls Point[/QUOTE]

I live down at the end of Schady. Do you keep your boat up in Sandusky or in Olmsted?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Some speakers were stolen out of my SeaRay at Venetian marina inside cold storage. They also tried to pry the head unit out of the mount and damaged the unit. I think these were kids because they weren't very good theives.

Just wanted to give a heads up as I know there are alot of performance boaters that rack store inside and out there.

The management didn't seem to care when I notified them of the incident. I wasn't looking for any compensation, as it is not a high dollar item, but their attitude turned me off. I am unsure if I will stay there docked next year or not.

Problem is that there is no place else to rack store an offshore boat in the area. Time to look at boathouses....
Hey, I have 3-4 pairs of new marine speakers in the box that I bought for a project and they didn't fit. I'm in Lakewood - drop me a PM of what size you need and if they match a pair is yours.

Best,

db
Old 05-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Probably a inside job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.