Like Tree0Likes

Beware of Viking Boat Lifts

Old 07-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

My Boats: 33 Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg View Post
Iím returning with great news of having my boat lift installed this past weekend after 2 months of nightmare. After meeting Bo in person and examining the quality of the lift and work, Iíve completely changed my earlier negative impression to viewing Bo is a true professional as an engineer and installer. The lift is absolutely amazing from all aspects: quality, design and finish. Bo arrived fully prepared for an installation, focused on his work and completed in 2 hours. Two of his helpers came along. Vikingís solution is truly unique and has exceeded my expectations. As Iím completely happy with the outcome Iím going to drop my claim against Viking Marine. Not to forget, I have to mention Boís great sense of humor as it was a real pleasure working with him during the installation.

I wish good luck to all of you who are waiting for their boat lift installed. One thing for sure Ė youíll be very happy with the outcome.
OK I get it now. When he took your deposit and cut off contact with you, it was just a joke. Kind of like you were on Punk'd or Candid Camera. Bo sounds like a really hilarious guy.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

Quote:
Thank you everyone for sharing your experience as itís obvious that Iím not the only one to be in this horrible situation. The entire sales process went seamlessly well, however the problems started after I paid 50% deposit ($4,000) for my lift in early May 2011. There was a major change in cutting all communication with me by not responding to email or voice-mail. Estimated dates for an installation have come and gone. At this point Iím no longer interested in having any association with Viking Marine and having their lift installed as this experience is a fair indication of having no future service or technical support. Not surprisingly my request to return the deposit has been ignored which leaves me no choice but to start the process with the Small Claims court in Hamilton, Ontario. Iím looking to partner with those who are in the same situation to sue Viking Marine international.(Viking Boat Lifts)
Quote:
Iím returning with great news of having my boat lift installed this past weekend after 2 months of nightmare. After meeting Bo in person and examining the quality of the lift and work, Iíve completely changed my earlier negative impression to viewing Bo is a true professional as an engineer and installer. The lift is absolutely amazing from all aspects: quality, design and finish. Bo arrived fully prepared for an installation, focused on his work and completed in 2 hours. Two of his helpers came along. Vikingís solution is truly unique and has exceeded my expectations. As Iím completely happy with the outcome Iím going to drop my claim against Viking Marine. Not to forget, I have to mention Boís great sense of humor as it was a real pleasure working with him during the installation.

I wish good luck to all of you who are waiting for their boat lift installed. One thing for sure Ė youíll be very happy with the outcome.
really??
Old 07-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1994 Cigarette Top Gun

The only way Viking Boat Lifts are going to survive as a company is not to ask for any deposit. ZERO DOWN. They have screwed up. I will not be surprised if they change the name of the company and continue their scam. Don't buy any lift from Canada if you are in the USA.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

What do you mean Bo will come to your home with rainbows flying out his a$$ and make it all better you'll be soooooo happy!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie View Post
Greetings all. I wanted to give you an update on this episode. A few days after this post amped up, I received an email from Angelina stating that I would get my deposit back once Bo returned back from BC (which would be the following week).

Obviously I was skeptical.

On Monday 6.27.11, I received another email from Angelina that included the UPS tracking number for my supposed check.

I was still skeptical, but had a glimmor of hope.

On Tuesday 6.28.11, I actually received said package with a check that looked legit.

Believe it or not, I was still a bit skeptical, but began to really think this may be happening.

I hopped in my car immediately, and shot over to the local bank and deposited said check.

I held off on posting anything unitl the check actually cleared.

IT DID!!!!!

I am very thankful that Bo & Angelina did what was right here and returned what was rightfully mine.

I am most thankful for the power of these forums. It allowed those of us that are enduring the same pain to find each other, unite and take on a situation as a team producing favorable results.

I am hopeful that the others that are in this situation also come to a favorable resolution, and that those that are considering going down this route, will do so in a much more educated and alert fashion. One suggestion would be to put the deposit in escrow with an attorney with strict execution and deadline terms.

It's very probable I'll burn through $2k of gas this weekend.
Sounds like you got someone's deposit for a new lift. They wont get their lift until someone else gets suckered into another big depsit. Isn't this how Trick Marine operated till they got caught?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Quote:

What was the reason for the non response to you for months?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

He was just busy
Old 08-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Registered

My Boats: Spectre 36 Poker Run Donzi 28ZX

Two words POLY LIFT
Old 10-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Registered

Default don't really believe this post!

Folks,
AS I read this post, I am sensing this is a post by none other than Angela herself. It sounds too good to be true!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

My Boats: 42' Sundancer from 2004 formerly known as Big azz cruiser from 2004. Still looking for the right new 38-42 ft. v-bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmangm View Post
Folks,
AS I read this post, I am sensing this is a post by none other than Angela herself. It sounds too good to be true!
Interesting first post.

Who's post are you refering to?