borderline824 Thornton Cutchin

Notices

borderline824 Thornton Cutchin

Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default borderline824 Thornton Cutchin

Does anyone know borderline824 Thornton Cutchin? He sold me a set of stainless marine dry risers that were advertised for a bravo app. but they don't fit, think they are for a TRS setup. I asked for a refund and he refused so beware of dealing with him. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ne-risers.html
Old 07-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 240baja
Does anyone know borderline824 Thornton Cutchin? He sold me a set of stainless marine dry risers that were advertised for a bravo app. but they don't fit, think they are for a TRS setup. I asked for a refund and he refused so beware of dealing with him. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ne-risers.html
If your going to post something like this be sure that you post both sides of the story. I messaged you and even spoke to you on the phone to give you all the measurements etc. on these BEFORE you purchased them. Never gauranteed what application they were for. These were brand new never used dry exhaust worth waaaay more than the 450 you paid for them. Just keeping it honest.. Sellers beware of this buyer!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 240baja
What is the difference between Bravo and TRS as far as risers are concerned. I really have no idea.......

I guess it's up to him if he wants to do a refund. What do you hope to accomplish with this thread?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The TRS are WAY longer, requiring the exhaust to be cut and modified to fit a Bravo app. I know this, because I had the same thing happen to me. Bought a set advertised (here on OSO) as dry Bravos, motors were out of my boat at the time so I couldn't really measure, they turned out to be TRS. My builder spent a couple days (and quite a few of my dollars) cutting and rewelding to get them to fit. Live and learn, I guess.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you click the link and read what you advertised it says they are for a BRAVO. The only measerement that you gave me was the length.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by borderline824
Long risers through transom, brand new for bravo, make an offer..
Yup...sure does
Old 07-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
What is the difference between Bravo and TRS as far as risers are concerned. I really have no idea.......
TRS - transmissions are the factor.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Yeah - you shoudl refund his money if you advertised them as Bravo's (which you did) and they were anything other.

Even if it was a mistake on your end eat the shipping costs and give the man his money back.

Disclaimer - these threads always deteriorate and more comes out, so......
Old 07-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I admit, I'd have done something similar as far as outing on the board, but I did the deal last November and only caught on to the mistake when the exhaust was going on in May...so I figured my window of complaint has pretty much closed. I'd say give the man his money back.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Add state it there in black and white, for Bravo. I agree. Sue the Ferktard!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.