Notices

Boat Stolen This Morning

Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange

Originally Posted by bsebesy
http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Formula-Pc/118576881

Check the link. This is active on boats.com. I have been looking for a 31-37pc for awhile and this add always came up even though its a 330SS. I just saw the pics from Nicole's September post.
Strange, they are the same pictures. I wonder if the boat was listed for sale before it was stolen?

Fearless010
Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
kelly,being a cop is a job,can you explain to us how that is concidered a sport?
One of my best bud's is a detective in the Greater Houston Bank Robbery Task Force of SE Texas with a group of FBI agents and 12 local county sheriffs dept's.
He's always referred to making collars a sport since he joined joined the Sheriff's office almost 30 years ago. At our age he could have, years ago, taken the retirement package but he loves the job to much and is still having fun.

Robert, I hope you didn't take my reply wrong, I just didn't agree with that portion of your reply. And no I'm not a cop. I'm in construction.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fearless010
Strange, they are the same pictures. I wonder if the boat was listed for sale before it was stolen?

Fearless010
Its still for sale and the listing has been up for awhile. I've seen the listing since the late fall. Someone must be paying the listing fees. Someone should call the broker and see what the deal is.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem Kelly, I was refering to "the blanket statement" reply that the PRO Defense Contractor Made. I want the boat to be found and or the thieves caught or punished, destroyed or what ever and I'm sure there are a few good cops but the bad ones out weigh the others. In my experience whether it be on the water or in every day life they are mostly jealous or narrow minded enough to think every one with a so caled "drug boat" as the uneducated good ole boy cops call them are up to no good. Lets not forget that without the weed smuggling and coke running of the good old days these boats probobly wouldn't exist or be at this level............................................. Rjr..................................
Old 03-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered

So, once again, I will ask - was the boat ever found???
Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

The OP has only 4 posts on this forum and apparently posted this on a bunch of boating forums trying to get some info. I doubt the person will see any post here. There is an e-mail addy on post #7 if anyone has useful info to pass on.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
and all offshore powerboat owners have feeble minds. no wait, only you for your blanket statement.
MOST cops are lazy! We live in the same area and the cops only go after drunk drivers and speeders, easy crimes. Remember the cop in TC that shot an innocent suicidal victim through is window in his house? I had a snowboard stolen at Crystal Mountain, found out what the guys name was and the cops refused to investigate because it was reported in Benzie county and the guy lived in Manistee county. My brother had a snowmobile stolen out of his front yard. He knew who it was and the cops refused to even go talk to the guy. Come on, too many cops are just plain lazy! If it requires work they're not going to do it! some may bust butt, however that is not the norm!

Last edited by endeavour32; 03-07-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
MOST cops are lazy! We live in the same area and the cops only go after drunk drivers and speeders, easy crimes. Remember the cop in TC that shot an innocent suicidal victim through is window in his house? I had a snowboard stolen at Crystal Mountain, found out what the guys name was and the cops refused to investigate because it was reported in Benzie county and the guy lived in Manistee county. My brother had a snowmobile stolen out of his front yard. He knew who it was and the cops refused to even go talk to the guy. Come on, too many cops are just plain lazy! If it requires work they're not going to do it! some may bust butt, however that is not the norm!
not defending cops here, but playing catch 22. I used to live in MI and for one you realize the cops per capita or per miles is one of the lowest. And lastly If you were a cop would you go investigate here say on a stolen snowboard? A police report should done quickly though in case they recover it. With the budget cuts and all cops are only going to worry about things they know they can find and enforce. Cops are going to act on crimes where they think they can find the PERP and get prosecution, its the fact, and as a tax payer and especially a tax payer with stolen good we expect cops to drop everything and come see our case. I will admit a stolen boat deserves some attention as a lot of boats hold some value if not a lot of value. And I wouldnt be worrying about snowboards really what did you expect them to do. And some guy unless he has proof or a witness that some guy stole his sled its circumstantial or hear say.

Last edited by soldier4402; 03-07-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks every time I see one of the theft threads. Unfortunately, there is little chance that stolen items get returned now days.

Here in Tucson Az. They do not respond to burglaries at all anymore. You have to phone it in, hence no fingerprints, investigation, nothing. That is department policy. I have wondered if the insurance companies have a hand in this policy, as it makes people purchase more insurance as they know there is no chance of recovery. I am not in the insurance industry any longer, but a friend told me, after the no burglary policy was reported in the papers, people were increasing their coverage. Simply because if they are not investigating the burglaries, they are not getting the thieves off the street.

Investigating crimes is a financial loss, not only the cost to prosecute, but the cost to house the criminals. Therefore they are going after traffic violations, dui, and pot smokers. For the most part relativity safe and very profitable. The cameras are everywhere now ($250+ a pop), yet they supposedly still do not have the resources to investigate burglaries.

About 15 years ago there was an article in the paper about the average amount in dollars that the average cop wrote a day driving a cruiser, 6k, a motorcycle cop averaged 9k. Keep in mind that was aprox. 15 years ago when they went to burglary sites and fines were less.

Tucson cops are more interested in busting people for smoking pot than anything. Apparently they are not scared/intimidated by some stoned teenager, they certainly get away with a lot more abuse and lying, as they know the kids cannot afford attorney's, and will not be believed by the judge and or jury.

I have known a couple of good Tucson cops, but the majority are liars and thieves. They have parties were everyone takes something they stole from a victim (auto accident, robbery, burglary), they vote on who got the coolest thing and get an award. I was taken to one by one of my old friends, ex navy seal, sheriff dept. The guy with the framed picture won! The dam picture barely fit in the back seat it was so big. These parties are well known, yet nothing is done about them.

I know a couple of pawn shop owners, they have regular cop customers that bring in shoe-boxes of jewelry on a regular basis. The shop owners love em as they do not have to pay as much.

I had a motorcycle accident in 1989, 84 year old pulled out in front of me, broadsided him at about 40, severed my finger, broke my right arm and knocked me unconscious among other cuts and bruises. The cops wrote in the police report they did not expect me to live. Well I did, they took my money, watch, pocket knife, change, they cleaned me out. Seven cops stated I was drinking and drunk, and smelled alcohol on my breath. Tests on the blood they took prior to surgery, showed that I had not drank alcohol for at least 48 hours prior, backed up by the lead doctor at the university hospital.

The driver of the other vehicle got out of it scott free, no ticket nothing, he even left the scene of the accident and went home. He was the president of the moose lodge, he was just leaving the bar parking lot on Friday about 5pm, he was never tested for alcohol and all the same 7 cops who said I was drinking, swore he was not! I latter found out, that moose lodge was predominately a pig farm, explains why things went the way they did. They probably got their bar bill knocked off.

In my opinion cops that commit crimes are worse than the criminals, as they are supposed to be above that. Unfortunately there are more bad cops here than good ones. About 10 years ago, one of the higher up officers (capt or lieutenant) was drunk and had a single vehicle accident, hit a speeding sign! Every cop that investigated the accident and wrote anything in a report, got caught for false reporting, perjury, there was 3 or 4 of them. All they got was a reprimand.

I have been licensed in three different industries, insurance, banking, and real estate. If I were to ever do what they did. I would be convicted of a felony, serve jail time, heavy fines, in the six figures possibly, have licenses revoked for life due to the felony. Yet all they got was a reprimand in there file.

Cops need to be treated just like any other criminal, that is why criminal cops here in Tucson are the norm, they do not have to worry about being arrested/charged with a crime. The very few over the years that have been convicted, they get real lite sentences, and then get hired in a different town.

If they treated the cop criminals like the regular criminals, they would get an ass kicking to! Beatings are sop with most Tucson cops, beatings for the fun of it are the norm here, has happened to me for simply asking a question.

I caught a guy just paroled trying to break in a neighbors house, the 70 year old's were in the house. I took him down by hand and waited for the cops. I had him in a hold (me ex paratrooper), with one wrist up so all they had to do was slip the bracelets on the one hand then bring the other hand around. But NOOOO, they wanted me to let him go. The guy was real f'd up on some drug and was not feeling pain, and not getting tired. I knew better than hit him as that would do nothing but get him riled up and make it more dangerous, I did not want to have to use deadly force.

When I let him go, he got up of course, took 4 cops to get him back under control after a couple of minutes. They finally got handcuffs on one hand, stood on his back, with a baton in the unused handcuff and really ****ed up his arm, while another cop beat him about the head and shoulders with his baton.

After things calmed down, they guy was bigger than everyone there. The cops asked me how the hell I got him in control. Any good cop or military guy will tell you real fighting is all about immobilization, that's all I did was immobilize him. Your chances of survival are much greater if you do not punch, you need to use holds to break arms, legs, neck, you want to stop their ability to strike you, especially in a knife fight. You could get a lucky punch, but with this kind of of guy, no chance of beating him with punches, he had no feeling and so high any blow to the head short of deadly force has no affect.

The only reason they wanted me to let him go was so they could have some fun hitting him with their batons. They just did not realize he was going to be so much trouble, they choose not to believe me, he looked fairly calm when they got there as I had him held for about 10 mins, so he had already found I had him and there was nothing he could do. They endangered everyone's life by doing that. He could have got hold of one of there sidearms while they were wrestling around.

Brains will always beat brawn, if your fast enough and luck is on your side.

I want to do my civil duties, they should have a lottery selecting a few good model citizens to beat the crap out of the cops that get caught committing crimes!

Drugs need to be legalized, and cops need to go back to chasing the criminals rather than the teenagers smoking a joint in the park.

My over all opinion of the average American cop is very low, they have simply demonstrated to me more times than I can count, that the majority are just low life criminals.

I have also lived in Mexico, started school in Guaymas Sonora when I was nine, from Wisconsin. My opinion of Mexican cops is much better, if you do not get violent, they do not get violent, but if you do get violent, you are in for a rougher time than with American cops.

Growing up and living in a resort town in Mexico, yes I have have seen Americans arrested, it is usually because they are doing things they would never do at home. Do not believe all the horror stories. In most cases they were extremely drunk and on drugs and got violent.

The chief of police lived in one of our houses, my father had an ffl and was a ww2 vet and volunteer sherrif in Wisconsin, so we imported police supplies and taught the local police. Since I was 15 till I went into the army, I rode with them for something to do at night. Yes there is corruption, but unlike the American cops, they are honest about it, it is actually due to low pay, not enough to feed the family, it is intentional due to low taxes and the understanding that part of the cops income comes from payments for minor crimes, primarily traffic violations. It is a nice system, eliminates the need for high taxes, lots of judges, prosecutors and attorney's. Simply a different type of system, it is not bribery as most Americans think of it. Unfortunately Mexican cops are starting to get like American cops, due to the US financing and providing training.

Same thing can be done in the US (private payment), just takes a lot more money. I would rather do business with an honest crook, than a dishonest crook. Mexican politicians and cops simply say that's the way it is.

Last edited by SinOjos; 03-08-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SinOjos
Sucks every time I see one of the theft threads. Unfortunately, there is little chance that stolen items get returned now days.

Here in Tucson Az. They do not respond to burglaries at all anymore. You have to phone it in, hence no fingerprints, investigation, nothing. That is department policy. I have wondered if the insurance companies have a hand in this policy, as it makes people purchase more insurance as they know there is no chance of recovery. I am not in the insurance industry any longer, but a friend told me, after the no burglary policy was reported in the papers, people were increasing their coverage. Simply because if they are not investigating the burglaries, they are not getting the thieves off the street.

Investigating crimes is a financial loss, not only the cost to prosecute, but the cost to house the criminals. Therefore they are going after traffic violations, dui, and pot smokers. For the most part relativity safe and very profitable. The cameras are everywhere now ($250+ a pop), yet they supposedly still do not have the resources to investigate burglaries.

About 15 years ago there was an article in the paper about the average amount in dollars that the average cop wrote a day driving a cruiser, 6k, a motorcycle cop averaged 9k. Keep in mind that was aprox. 15 years ago when they went to burglary sites and fines were less.

Tucson cops are more interested in busting people for smoking pot than anything. Apparently they are not scared/intimidated by some stoned teenager, they certainly get away with a lot more abuse and lying, as they know the kids cannot afford attorney's, and will not be believed by the judge and or jury.

I have known a couple of good Tucson cops, but the majority are liars and thieves. They have parties were everyone takes something they stole from a victim (auto accident, robbery, burglary), they vote on who got the coolest thing and get an award. I was taken to one by one of my old friends, ex navy seal, sheriff dept. The guy with the framed picture won! The dam picture barely fit in the back seat it was so big. These parties are well known, yet nothing is done about them.

I know a couple of pawn shop owners, they have regular cop customers that bring in shoe-boxes of jewelry on a regular basis. The shop owners love em as they do not have to pay as much.

I had a motorcycle accident in 1989, 84 year old pulled out in front of me, broadsided him at about 40, severed my finger, broke my right arm and knocked me unconscious among other cuts and bruises. The cops wrote in the police report they did not expect me to live. Well I did, they took my money, watch, pocket knife, change, they cleaned me out. Seven cops stated I was drinking and drunk, and smelled alcohol on my breath. Tests on the blood they took prior to surgery, showed that I had not drank alcohol for at least 48 hours prior, backed up by the lead doctor at the university hospital.

The driver of the other vehicle got out of it scott free, no ticket nothing, he even left the scene of the accident and went home. He was the president of the moose lodge, he was just leaving the bar parking lot on Friday about 5pm, he was never tested for alcohol and all the same 7 cops who said I was drinking, swore he was not! I latter found out, that moose lodge was predominately a pig farm, explains why things went the way they did. They probably got their bar bill knocked off.

In my opinion cops that commit crimes are worse than the criminals, as they are supposed to be above that. Unfortunately there are more bad cops here than good ones. About 10 years ago, one of the higher up officers (capt or lieutenant) was drunk and had a single vehicle accident, hit a speeding sign! Every cop that investigated the accident and wrote anything in a report, got caught for false reporting, perjury, there was 3 or 4 of them. All they got was a reprimand.

I have been licensed in three different industries, insurance, banking, and real estate. If I were to ever do what they did. I would be convicted of a felony, serve jail time, heavy fines, in the six figures possibly, have licenses revoked for life due to the felony. Yet all they got was a reprimand in there file.

Cops need to be treated just like any other criminal, that is why criminal cops here in Tucson are the norm, they do not have to worry about being arrested/charged with a crime. The very few over the years that have been convicted, they get real lite sentences, and then get hired in a different town.

If they treated the cop criminals like the regular criminals, they would get an ass kicking to! Beatings are sop with most Tucson cops, beatings for the fun of it are the norm here, has happened to me for simply asking a question.

I caught a guy just paroled trying to break in a neighbors house, the 70 year old's were in the house. I took him down by hand and waited for the cops. I had him in a hold (me ex paratrooper), with one wrist up so all they had to do was slip the bracelets on the one hand then bring the other hand around. But NOOOO, they wanted me to let him go. The guy was real f'd up on some drug and was not feeling pain, and not getting tired. I knew better than hit him as that would do nothing but get him riled up and make it more dangerous, I did not want to have to use deadly force.

When I let him go, he got up of course, took 4 cops to get him back under control after a couple of minutes. They finally got handcuffs on one hand, stood on his back, with a baton in the unused handcuff and really ****ed up his arm, while another cop beat him about the head and shoulders with his baton.

After things calmed down, they guy was bigger than everyone there. The cops asked me how the hell I got him in control. Any good cop or military guy will tell you real fighting is all about immobilization, that's all I did was immobilize him. Your chances of survival are much greater if you do not punch, you need to use holds to break arms, legs, neck, you want to stop their ability to strike you, especially in a knife fight. You could get a lucky punch, but with this kind of of guy, no chance of beating him with punches, he had no feeling and so high any blow to the head short of deadly force has no affect.

The only reason they wanted me to let him go was so they could have some fun hitting him with their batons. They just did not realize he was going to be so much trouble, they choose not to believe me, he looked fairly calm when they got there as I had him held for about 10 mins, so he had already found I had him and there was nothing he could do. They endangered everyone's life by doing that. He could have got hold of one of there sidearms while they were wrestling around.

Brains will always beat brawn, if your fast enough and luck is on your side.

I want to do my civil duties, they should have a lottery selecting a few good model citizens to beat the crap out of the cops that get caught committing crimes!

Drugs need to be legalized, and cops need to go back to chasing the criminals rather than the teenagers smoking a joint in the park.

My over all opinion of the average American cop is very low, they have simply demonstrated to me more times than I can count, that the majority are just low life criminals.

I have also lived in Mexico, started school in Guaymas Sonora when I was nine, from Wisconsin. My opinion of Mexican cops is much better, if you do not get violent, they do not get violent, but if you do get violent, you are in for a rougher time than with American cops.

Growing up and living in a resort town in Mexico, yes I have have seen Americans arrested, it is usually because they are doing things they would never do at home. Do not believe all the horror stories. In most cases they were extremely drunk and on drugs and got violent.

The chief of police lived in one of our houses, my father had an ffl and was a ww2 vet and volunteer sherrif in Wisconsin, so we imported police supplies and taught the local police. Since I was 15 till I went into the army, I rode with them for something to do at night. Yes there is corruption, but unlike the American cops, they are honest about it, it is actually due to low pay, not enough to feed the family, it is intentional due to low taxes and the understanding that part of the cops income comes from payments for minor crimes, primarily traffic violations. It is a nice system, eliminates the need for high taxes, lots of judges, prosecutors and attorney's. Simply a different type of system, it is not bribery as most Americans think of it. Unfortunately Mexican cops are starting to get like American cops, due to the US financing and providing training.

Same thing can be done in the US (private payment), just takes a lot more money. I would rather do business with an honest crook, than a dishonest crook. Mexican politicians and cops simply say that's the way it is.
Wow you either have a very elaborate conspiracy theory or have had bad luck with cops. As much as most of dont like cops at times, I dont think anybody would really have thoughts or stories like this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.