Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
how do I post a skumbag on the net >

how do I post a skumbag on the net

Notices

how do I post a skumbag on the net

Old 10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guy sounds like a Douche- Id ask him straight up why he didnt help you out when you call him to remove your business.

True friends in business are rare- he sounds pretty fairweather.

UD
Old 10-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

andy,it is true that you are partially to blame,that being said,my ins agent has called me a couple times when i had a similar situiation,to remind me that i overlooked making a premium payment.i believe a good agent could take 2 minutes to make a call,also,your bank should have paid and charged you accordingly.i hope your wife is ok.if i were you id be changing banks today.just my 2 cents worth.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the real reason he is pissed is because he know's the insurance guy did not call him because of his wifes "condition". You all know that there would be a call if there was no history of illness.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Andy: I feel your pain, my wife had non hodgkins lymphoma 3 years ago and I make sure her policy is paid (annual payment) . Unfortunately you must be careful because the agent was within his rights. He is a dbag, ok. Just don't slander him. Find your wife some other insurance.

Wannabe
Old 10-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy sorry to here this sh!t, I have one of the few real friends in the insurance buisness. He called me and told me hey K.C. you forgot to pay your premium so I paid it for you, swing by and I'll take you to lunch and bring me some money. Tell the wife I love her.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=Velocity Vector;3519126]Andy sorry to here this sh!t, I have one of the few real friends in the insurance buisness. He called me and told me hey K.C. you forgot to pay your premium so I paid it for you, swing by and I'll take you to lunch and bring me some money. Tell the wife I love her.[/QUOTE]

now thats customer service
Old 10-04-2011, 01:17 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Depending on the arangement he has with the company he represents, he may not have had any more of an idea of the problem than you did. More and more agents these days let the company service the polices they sell and have nothign to do with it and little to no control over what may happen later. He may have to relly on the company notifiying him of the issue and they maynot have. Not saying he is without fault, but there are always three sides to a story.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

this guy is only an agent representing a larger company
i guarantee he personally didnt know the payment was overdue
the insurance company itself canceled , they were just waiting for a reason... in canada..... they cant just cancel a preexisting policy if you get sick but instead they wait patiently for any reason to do do like a missed premium
try and find a different insurance company
good luck to you and yours
Old 10-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

You got screwed and there is probably nothing you can do about it except pull all of your insurance out of his company and tell your friends about him. Insurance is a big racket now. If you have to make a boat claim, I hope you are not with Progressive....
Old 10-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Centsless
this guy is only an agent representing a larger company
i guarantee he personally didnt know the payment was overdue
the insurance company itself canceled , they were just waiting for a reason... in canada..... they cant just cancel a preexisting policy if you get sick but instead they wait patiently for any reason to do do like a missed premium
try and find a different insurance company
good luck to you and yours
I agree. Automatic premium payments have nothing to do with the agency.
He wouldnt know.

As far as wandering around to find a new agent so you can get even with him............the insurance world is tight tight tight. It wouldnt surprise me to know that the other insurance companies know you were cancelled for non payment. I'd be careful to not burn bridges.

Going on the internet to slag the wrong guy probably wont help if other agents in town see that either.

I'd offer to prepay the next couple of years on the policy if its that important to you. Get an apology letter from your bank manager and take it directly to the insurance company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.