Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!! >

Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!!

Notices

Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:30 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hind sight is 20/20. Some used parts can be fine, but at the end of an expensive build, and I bet it was. I would never,ever use used exhaust parts. Anything, that has anything to do with keeping water out of my engines is as important as the engine itself. I'm sorry for your loss in cash, but going back after 6 months? Or never asking Mr potter to check them? Well you're not alone . I'm sure plenty of us on here have made these mistakes before and that's how we all became so brilliant. There is a lesson in everything. Wanna make yourself feel better? Go to the Fountain, owners site and find a guy with big blower motors coming apart over and over. That's a bad day
Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

I bought a set of small block manifolds and risers from a member on OSO that sells quite a bit of stuff. It was early on in or project so I did not open the box. Decided not to use (2 months later) them so I sold them on Ebay. The guy that I sold them to called me and I took them back (I even paid shipping). They ended up being in awful shape and a couple of the water outlets were siliconed on, and then painted over so that they looked "right". They are still sitting in my office as it pains me to throw them away. The risers are good, but I don't think the manifolds can be saved. The guy that I bought them from sells quite a bit of stuff on here, but I never contacted him, as I let too much time pass. Sucks when that happens.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I bought a set of small block manifolds and risers from a member on OSO that sells quite a bit of stuff. It was early on in or project so I did not open the box. Decided not to use (2 months later) them so I sold them on Ebay. The guy that I sold them to called me and I took them back (I even paid shipping). They ended up being in awful shape and a couple of the water outlets were siliconed on, and then painted over so that they looked "right". They are still sitting in my office as it pains me to throw them away. The risers are good, but I don't think the manifolds can be saved. The guy that I bought them from sells quite a bit of stuff on here, but I never contacted him, as I let too much time pass. Sucks when that happens.
If he sells a lot of stuff here on OSO, why don't you let us know who it is so he can't screw someone else. I understand that you let too much time go by on your purchase from him, but if he took you, he will take someone else.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
You can't return brand new unused stuff to places after 6 months. No way the seller should be responsible for returning your money after 6 months.
+1

Excatly what I was thinking. It sucks you bought a bum part, but you can't go after the seller 6 months after the fact.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
sell them as scrap. But if I sell used parts i would be sure to look at them first before I sell them. Pretty irresponsible to sell something without looking at them a little. But if I sell on ebay its a done deal no returns
Old 12-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread wore me out...im going to take a nap
Old 12-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I feel your pain Searacer.
I’ve done 4 classic boats in the last year. All of them start off with making a list and then buying everything on that list as they pop up on the net. Sometimes that means buying some of the last pieces used in the project first. Every time I always end up with couple pieces that are junk. So far I’m still ahead of the game and the junk didn’t cost more then I was willing to risk but I’m seeing it more and more and it’s driving me nuts.
There is no pride in this business anymore. Even when you think you know the guy they are nothing but a screen name on a website so…….
I guess the lesson is (and one that I use now to) if it’s worth more then 50 bucks test it as soon as it hit’s the door no matter when you plan on using it.
As for not buying used parts. There is 4 classics with new owners that were pulled out of the weeds and put back on the water because of used parts. We all cant afford brand new everything. Hell in most cases if I used brand new everything the parts would be worth more then the boats themselves and they would still be in the weeds.
S/R your post here on OSO is valid and I would do the same thing if it happened to me but I would expect nothing but just getting it off my chest and letting others learn (who it was and what not to do) from my experience. It’s a sucky a$$ lesson to be learned for 1700 bucks though. $1700 is lot of money to some of us.
Reminds me of a time I dropped 3 grand and drove 400 miles each way to pick up two BBC’s from a guy, from a website “that everyone knew” that were in “ready to drop in” condition. After getting to where they were (he was late), they were in the backyard of empty house (scatchy), rained for 2 days prior, truck was full of mud and bent and my motor hoist that I took just in case (he was supposed to have them ready to go). I didn’t get home to well after dark and they went in the corner of the garage and I went to bed.
It took a few days or so before I noticed that one motor had a inch or so line on one of the block’s that looked like little driblets of rust was coming out of. I thought naaaa, that’s not a broken block????? Make a long story short. One motor was a gen V the other was a Mark V (with all the mercruiser pieces and covers on them you cant tell the difference), broken block and a few broken other things other things and that was just the start. Cost me more to fix the 2 “drop in ready” motors and the trip down and back then it would have if I bough two brand new motors.
The seller soon disappeared after things went south. Come to find out, it was his house but he and his wife split a year before and he was not allowed to go to or couldn’t remove anything from the house until after she moved out. So the motors sat in his backyard for a year, untouched, un-winterized with just a tarp over them and he knew it. He was just liquefying anything he could so he could move out west somewhere and poof he was gone. So to me it don’t matter how good their on-line reputation is, people are people.

Last edited by f_inscreenname; 12-04-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I have two pair of CMI headers that are 10 years old I took off my boat since I'm rebuilding everything. The headers look pretty great, but no way would I put them back on my new engines. Looks isn't everything.....if someone buys them, they should test them and if they leaked, well......too bad. Get them fixed.....they are used!
Just curious...let's say they gave you their money, they went to reach for them to pick them up off the floor, and the headers just crumbled. Would you give them their money back?

Michael
Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
Just curious...let's say they gave you their money, they went to reach for them to pick them up off the floor, and the headers just crumbled. Would you give them their money back?

Michael

Sure why not? But, what if they went to touch them and they turned to solid gold just before the gave me they money......would they expect them at the same price?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Sure why not? But, what if they went to touch them and they turned to solid gold just before the gave me they money......would they expect them at the same price?
SOLID GOLD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.