Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!! >

Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!!

Notices

Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!!

I want to thank Rob for the 1700.00 dollars worth of scrap metal that he sold me.. I bought a pair of "clean fresh water only" Stainless Marine gen 3, 4.5 inch manifolds and tails off of him in June, for my new 540 build, they arrived and sat in the boxes until Ron Potter opened them and installed them a few weeks ago. We had to have custom tails made to fit them and when Ron got the boat final rigged and fired it on the hose they leaked like there was no tomorrow!!!!!! I called the guy Matt at his business Specialized German that he had me dealing with, two weeks ago as soon as we found out they were bad...Rob is on Vacation...I explained I DO NOT want to start a ****ty thread, just send me my money back, and Potter will box them up and return them..Matt states he cant do anything until Rob gets back...I waited and after Rob has now returned from vacation, I was told no Refunds!!! I love how a fellow OSO member and boater has PHUCKED ME out of 1700.00 DOLLARS!!!!! I already ordered and had Ron install new manifolds so I can go boating.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do I understand that you got them in June but did not install them tell now or even open the boxes tell now? I am suprised that they are leaking, never heard of it. Did they look clean? Were did they leak from?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Registered

Yes, they sat in the boxes at Potter shop, while he was building the engine, he opened and installed them, called me immediately after firing the boat to tell me they had numerous leaks, and he had to pull the plugs, and change the oil on my brand new engine, to get all the water out. I have bought and sold many parts on here, and would gladly refund someones money if I sold them defective stuff. I have a reputable engine builder that can verify they sat at his place unopened after I received them.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Why do people buy used manifolds and not get them tested? Especially on a new engine!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Registered

If the manifolds were in good shape as they were represented to be when sold, I would not have had a problem now would I?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by searaycer
If the manifolds were in good shape as they were represented to be when sold, I would not have had a problem now would I?
I just bought a used forged crank that had been magnufluxed good per seller. I got it and had my guy magnuflux it and it has a crack 2/3 of the way around #2 main journal. Its now on the back of my truck going to the scrap yard. So in answer to your question, yes you need to do your due diligence with used no matter what the seller says or you will be out even more than the price of the junk. None of that excuses misrepresenting parts then not returning them, just that you need to validate the stated condition on critical used parts. The ahole I got the crank from 1 day later wouldn't even take the crank back. He said how could he know I didn't swap it with a junk crank.... focker......
Old 12-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by searaycer
I have two pair of CMI headers that are 10 years old I took off my boat since I'm rebuilding everything. The headers look pretty great, but no way would I put them back on my new engines. Looks isn't everything.....if someone buys them, they should test them and if they leaked, well......too bad. Get them fixed.....they are used!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the part that sucks is that it has been so long. I mean if I sold something 6 months ago I would assume that the guy was using them and happy. Maybe he knew they were junk who knows but I am sure the money is spent at this time. I have got bad parts before that I have not opened for a long time to find out that they do not work or what ever and I chalk it up to my fault I waited so long. I am not trying to minimalize what you are going through and it does suck. I am still baffled that they were leaking so bad but your builder could not visibly see the problem. Now that he has taken them off can he see were they are leaking? Are we talking pin holes hear or a crack from poor winterization, both sides or just one????

Nort not everyone is a pimp like you! Some of us can only afford to play this game with used parts. I think you should pack up those manifolds and send them my way. I don't want you to have to worry about ruining some ones motors, better they ruin my junk!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

Not pimpin.....just common sense. I could send them out and get tested, they might be okay, or maybe they have a lead that could be fixed, but then what....six months down the road they spring a leak again, damage an engine and you're starting all over. It's like putting on condom that has been used. Get it tested or a new one. You just don't want a leak!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they looked like new ????? http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d-exhaust.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.