Notices

pro form

Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Its seems in these economic times that it's to easy to stop using the good old saying:
" You get what you pay for"
In performance parts there is a real cost to provide a quality part and the word "cheap" usually always means you will be possibly buying it twice, or using a lot of time, money and frustration making it work or fit.

Try not to measure quality products by the initial cost, use the word "Value" when making the buying decision. You, will feel and sleep better.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
ray,you are right,you get what you pay for,i thaught id give the pro comp part a try,allthough i should have known better,it cost me 60 bucks,chump change,to know that i wont use any of their products again.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by adk61
hey Mike... know anyone down your way whos lookin for a great deal on a cat?
email me some pictures and info on the boat,i know someone who might be interested. [email protected]
Old 12-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pro-Comp's parts are all knock offs. It's junk! Everything made over seas. The only thing I found of their's to be ok were Valve Covers. Stay real far away from their electronics! I tried a while back selling some of their parts in my store. For every ten parts sold I would get back five for defects. Packed up all their stock and gave it back quick! Research back a few years, they lost a huge law suit with MSD because they were copying their electronic 6AL ignition boxes to the T from the outside but the guts were garbage. Now I see their sponsoring a drag car and I would bet their not using their own equipment and parts.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used one of the proform chokeless main bodies on a holley 750 vaccum secondary and loved it!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

hey Mike did you get the e-mails?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a set of Pro Comp BBC aluminum heads. Hoping to dyno this spring if my lawyer doesn't get all my money.

Are these supposed to be ok? Anyone try them?

Oh and P.S. don't give me a bunch of cr@p about silly gripes and diy screw ups. I have read reviews that sounded so silly they must have been totally made up or should stick to pipe wrenches.
I don't claim to be an expert but this aint my first rodeo.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

procomp heads are fine, just do a good valve job on them, also add a bit of clearance to the guides... use good quality manley inconel exhaust valves... (nothing else compares) make sure your spring pressures are on the high end of spec, and use ARP studs or bolts... Cometic gaskets...
I am acredited race engine builder, and I use this product in certain budget concious builds... never had an issue because preparation is key to success in any build...
Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by aquaforce
I got a set of Pro Comp BBC aluminum heads. Hoping to dyno this spring if my lawyer doesn't get all my money.

Are these supposed to be ok? Anyone try them?

Oh and P.S. don't give me a bunch of cr@p about silly gripes and diy screw ups. I have read reviews that sounded so silly they must have been totally made up or should stick to pipe wrenches.
I don't claim to be an expert but this aint my first rodeo.
pm a member on here by the screen name flying tomato,,as him to send you pics of his engine after x amount of hours with pro comp heads..they effed his motor up..
Old 01-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by adk61
procomp heads are fine, just do a good valve job on them, also add a bit of clearance to the guides... use good quality manley inconel exhaust valves... (nothing else compares) make sure your spring pressures are on the high end of spec, and use ARP studs or bolts... Cometic gaskets...
I am acredited race engine builder, and I use this product in certain budget concious builds... never had an issue because preparation is key to success in any build...

I got the 11/32 stem SS valves with the heads, should they do ok with a 496 stroker with double springs at 350 lbs seat press? This cam is hyd roller at .598 & .610 I understand to be like a basic Merc 500 cam. Do you think these valves are ok for this moderate build.

I have Felpro flattened wire gaskets, prob with those?
Also have the stud kit that Pro Comp sells for their heads, those ok for 600 or less HP?

Exactly, preparation is the difference between run or blow. I'm not in competition currently but spent time building, setting up and running drag engines with a dominate builder racer here.

Last edited by aquaforce; 01-26-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
pm a member on here by the screen name flying tomato,,as him to send you pics of his engine after x amount of hours with pro comp heads..they effed his motor up..

I can see what his experience is. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.