Classified Scammers.....

Notices

Classified Scammers.....

Old 01-03-2012, 06:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by pslonaker
Do what I do...have a field day with this moron. He wants your name...give it to him...Alfred E. Newman. your address is the White House as well as the White House phone. Play him any way that you can and just have fun at his expense and string him along for as long as you can.
hello pot meet kettle, you have a lot of nerve telling people to look out when you are one of the biggest scammers out there. using a free go-daddy website and trying to pass your self of as an engine builder...Seems you are right up there with Roccard...knob
Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If someone makes an offer on something without even seeing it I have to consider them not serious and delete any future emails. i certainly wouldn't let his transporter test ride my boat unless there was a substantial cash deposit and even then I would be very cautious.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 40gt
Don't write off all over seas people.

I spend thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, every year on my cars and boats and I buy most of my goods from the USA and ship it all to Australia. Hate to see you miss out on those sales !

Due diligence is needed by all.

I could say the same in reverse to this post. I got scammed big time by an American. Fortunately he is doing time for it, but I still lost big money. We all must be wary - very wary.
I used to be a very trusting type of person. That has changed after being scammed twice now. Guess I'm a slow learner.

The lesson I learnt was to only deal with those you trust - ie those have a good name on OSO etc, & big business.
If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is - proceed with extreme caution.

Also remember there are as many scam sellers out there as there are scam buyers. Be careful, very careful.
+1!!

I really like most of you US guys and all respect, but sometimes it appears that you blow the whistle little too early.

My suggestion is do a better research, ask the potential buyer to CALL you or call him/her up. It's allways better to talk than have a email chat. And use this section when the real hazzle starts, not before.

I have done many deals with US, both board members and outside the board. I guess I'm lucky, but no bigger issues so far.

I do not know this "Erik".

Mange
Old 01-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Erik" is a scammer. put his email in google you will see what I mean.

No offense to any real oso'ers outside the country - Mange, Wildcard etc.

ps: check this thread out - same douche bag:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...t-power-2.html

Last edited by socalstone; 01-03-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
i deal with a lot of people overseas all the time you just have to be careful most of the time you can tell by the email if it is a legit deal but dont write off all overseas deals their money is just as good if not better than ours right now
There you go. I sold and shipped my old 496 to a gentleman in Germany.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by socalstone
"Erik" is a scammer. put his email in google you will see what I mean.

No offense to any real oso'ers outside the country - Mange, Wildcard etc.

ps: check this thread out - same douche bag:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...t-power-2.html
Allright!! Thanks for this info Socalstone.

So this Erik is "deaf" ?? Then he have to hook up the webcam for some sign language
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by socalstone
Anyone with anything for sale in the classifieds beware of any interest from anyone out of the country.
Especially if they are offering anything that involves paying them or anyone else with the money they are sending.
Probably nothing new to many of you guys, but It never ceases to amaze me how much time and effort scumbags will put into scams.

"Erik Welsh [email protected]" contacted me. obviously a bs name but just a heads up.
I did a quick search of his email address through google and several OSO posts came up!

I haven't let him know I know what's up yet. Any suggestions? I can't imagine any way to stop these scumbags.

Here is an example of what he's saying to me. Has pretty broken english for a guy who says he is from England! lol.

Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 10:44 AM

Mike

Thanks for getting back to me. I will offer you $60000.00 for it and i will like to inform you that i will be having our local transporters to come to your location for a test drive process on the boat and moreover I will have to make a down payment to you so as to make you reserve the boat for me for not getting it sold to other interested buyer's till the test drive and the sale will be done as it would take time to get all of that done

I will make a down payment of $4000 and also I will include the test drive fees which will cost for $3000 and mind you I want the payment made out to you by check and also as soon as the funds of $7000 have been cleared into your account I will like you to have the boat ready for the test drive process and also you will make the remaining funds of $3000 payable to the transporters to cover for the inspection/test drive fees and all other expenses during inspection

I will be looking forward for proceedings to you and also get back to me with the full names, mailing address and phone number the check can be made payable to you

I will be looking forward to hear from you

Regards
Erik
Same person tried to scam me. He first asked for pictures, then follows up with a "whats your bottom dollar." So I tell him my bottom dollar and the ******* offers a little less and then the ol "I'll pay you $4K now, $2K deposit, you pay transporter $2K."

I just told him thanks for the offer, but I do not accept under those terms and never heard back. Never called me or anything. Phuck him, hope he rots in hell.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

They even have access to local newspaper classifieds. This was in response to a puppies for sale ad that I place. At least we are smart enough to recognize these scams immediately!

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Mathew Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,
Thanks for your response.it was due to my hear Weiring impaired that
lead to the tty and i will like you to reserve one playful male pup for me and
also to let you know that payment will be by check . In view of this I need you
to email me the information that would be required to send the payment, More so
the puppy would be taken care of and would be pickup by my shipper as i am
located in my address, # 13508 Jodi Rd,Auburn, IL 62615. So
the shipper would be coming to your location to pickup the puppy with you.Also
you need to know the payment will be included with the shippers fee to you and
once you get the payment by mail take it to your bank and get it cashed and go
ahead to deduct the money acrused to you for the puppy and send the rest balance
to the shipper Via Western Union Money Transfer so that the puppy can be pickup
from you immediately.
So in view of the above, here are some of the details I will need
for final issuance of the check to you.
(1) Full Name.........
(2) Mailing address....
(3) Your direct telephone both home and cell
{4} Acceptance of my offer.....
(5) Final asking price...........
Once you get back to me with all the above, the check will be issued out
immediately and it will be sent to you .Hope to hear from you
immediately.Finally i am making you a promise that the puppy will be taken Good
care of and my children will be playing it him the pup all the time and will
make it just like a child and nurtured like my friend,companion and pet at the
same
time,never lacking any care and love from me at any point,i will also send you
pictures from time to time for you to see what love i it gets from me.
Hope to hear from you immediately.

Regards
Mr scott
Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
hello pot meet kettle, you have a lot of nerve telling people to look out when you are one of the biggest scammers out there. using a free go-daddy website and trying to pass your self of as an engine builder...Seems you are right up there with Roccard...knob
Now that is some funny chit right there
Old 01-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a long read, but worth it. From years ago, when the internet was relatively new for selling items. Nice to see a scammer get scammed

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.