Classified Scammers..... >

Classified Scammers.....

Notices

Classified Scammers.....

Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
This is a long read, but worth it. From years ago, when the internet was relatively new for selling items. Nice to see a scammer get scammed

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/
Oh ya, I'm am all about going after this scammer. Would make for a very interesting read.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the time play with him.

If not just ignore him.

A while back I had an ATV for sale. Got the same kind of response. I played along with the emails and he next day airs me a check for $12K for a $5K ATV. Never heard back from him. The check looked good but Im sure it was a fake. Never tried to cash it. Called local authorities to let them know what happened and after getting someones voice mail I left a message. Nobody called back.

At least I cost him the money for next day air from overseas.

Ron
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont be too quick to judge ppl from other parts of the globe. Ive bought plenty of parts from the states using this site and craigslist, i also offer extra money for ppl to actually go to the effort of boxing things up properly, just to make sure its recieved in good condition.

you just need to make sure its a reliable payment method ie Paypal or wire transfer and that the seller is reputable.

There are alot of times where ppl refuse to send to Australia but seriously its just a trip to USPS, the same as it would be sending inside the states.

Cheers
Linden