Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
What ever happened with the Card Shark debacle? >

What ever happened with the Card Shark debacle?

Notices

What ever happened with the Card Shark debacle?

Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I don't want you to think he was one of the two I'm referring to.
I did find him entertaining and he seemed to hit the nail on the head on many relevant points in the topic of the threads.
I don't feel sorry his bud is in the can, he earned it fair and square, but I'm glad he's getting decent treatment from the administration.
As for the other one, I feel sorry for the rest of the people in his state if he, truly, gets off as lightly as he posted here before he got banned.
I don't believe I've read anything from a particular member condoning their actions of theft. But, I joined late and never read the entire first thread. If they did shame on them too.

See ya,
Kelly
I got ya Kel. I was just spouting. Its all good.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ain't a lawyer but if I interpret this correctly, copping out to a plea bargain on the lowest felony charge netted him a dismissal of 2 higher felonies and a lesser misdemeanor.
If I remember correctly I thought I counted arraignments on at least 5 or 6 more felony charges on the last printout someone posted here. I'm cant wait to see what the outcome of the August hearings will produce.
I'm curious about New York prosecutors, any of you New York folks can answer if you choose.
Is this the norm in a case of multiple felony charges going through district court in your state, cop to the low charge and they dismiss the larger?
It's totally backward to Texas sentences where if you get a chance, you cop to the highest charge and the lesser charges will be dropped.

See ya,
Kelly
I'll check tomorrow, there may be only a conspiracy charge still pending.

Last edited by maddad; 07-24-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: get it right
Old 07-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Registered

I ain't a lawyer but if I interpret this correctly, copping out to a plea bargain on the lowest felony charge netted him a dismissal of 2 higher felonies and a lesser misdemeanor.
If I remember correctly I thought I counted arraignments on at least 5 or 6 more felony charges on the last printout someone posted here. I'm cant wait to see what the outcome of the August hearings will produce.
I'm curious about New York prosecutors, any of you New York folks can answer if you choose.
Is this the norm in a case of multiple felony charges going through district court in your state, cop to the low charge and they dismiss the larger?
It's totally backward to Texas sentences where if you get a chance, you cop to the highest charge and the lesser charges will be dropped.

See ya,
Kelly
i live in ny. its a joke. it would not surprise me if they let em go and gave him a reward for finding the boat parts
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by perky2196
i live in ny. its a joke. it would not surprise me if they let em go and gave him a reward for finding the boat parts
LMAO!!!

See ya,
Kelly
Old 07-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

You guys are missing a few things.... its a non violent crime (unless Jimmy hoffa was sleeping in cardsharks v-birth at the time of shredding), has no publicity except, media coverage etc except for here... its a non priority. Its cheaper to drag it out than house an inmate if somebody does get convicted of something, and if somebody does actually ever get sentenced to time in this, its non-violent, non drug related, so if they get sentenced to say 10 years, they will knock half off because of overcrowding, half off again for model prisoner iff they dont kill somebody in jail. So figure if someone gets 10 years, they may be lucky to do 24 months.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
You guys are missing a few things.... its a non violent crime (unless Jimmy hoffa was sleeping in cardsharks v-birth at the time of shredding), has no publicity except, media coverage etc except for here... its a non priority. Its cheaper to drag it out than house an inmate if somebody does get convicted of something, and if somebody does actually ever get sentenced to time in this, its non-violent, non drug related, so if they get sentenced to say 10 years, they will knock half off because of overcrowding, half off again for model prisoner iff they dont kill somebody in jail. So figure if someone gets 10 years, they may be lucky to do 24 months.
well murray has been locked up for quite awhile
Old 07-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
As long as they DO THE TIME, FOR THE CRIME, I think justice will be served. Being a convicted felon, that will be with them forever........
Old 07-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
http://offender.tdcj.state.tx.us/POS...n?sid=08132996
Old 07-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h20 toie
That's because he committed a big felony (over $200,000) in the state of Texas.

Looking at the link his parole release may be sooner than you think. Mineral Wells is a transfer facility, it could be an interim home as a between unit transfer, or it could be an interim home as the paperwork is being gathered for the prerelease parole hearing.
It shows his sentence date as Jan 13, 2011 that gives him 18 months of TDCJ custody but he'll also get credit for county jail time served if he served time awaiting trial.
A good rule of thumb on a felony conviction like this is 1/3 to 3/8 of the sentence incarcerated in TDC for a non-aggravated crime of a first time offender.
He might not want to try it again after his release, they set the bar much higher on early release for repeat offenders.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Well,,,,,
I was just over at the Scream-n-fly website, (Yes I have a 82 mph "Stink Boat") and look what I found JC PERF trying to sell

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...oat-hull/page5

No-one over there on Scream-n-fly website seems to have any IDEA the Legal issues that Jeff is facing.... Wonder if they should be informed about who they might be making a deal with!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.