Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Almost got Scammed BEWARE!! >

Almost got Scammed BEWARE!!

Notices

Almost got Scammed BEWARE!!

Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i only use paypal for small amounts..they will have to do something is they don't want to lose their customer's trust...but i think it's already started
Old 03-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pqjack
i only use paypal for small amounts..they will have to do something is they don't want to lose their customer's trust...but i think it's already started
They don't have to do anything. They protect the buyer. THere are more buyers in the market than there are sellers. Therefore, based on raw numbers, they protect the majority (the buyer). The seller gets charged the fees, not the buyer. So until Paypal starts screwing with the buyers, people will continue to make purchases through Paypal. If a buyer can't purchase from a seller with paypal, they will move on to a seller who does ofer paypal. With almost 100% buyer protection, even if the buyer is a theif, lier, and a cheat, the buyer gets a warm and fuzzy when making purchases with Paypal. Paypal/ebay aren't dumb a$$es........ Crooks yes!, Dumb a$$es, no.......
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Yeah, that and take the money out of the paypal account so they can't touch it. My paypal used to be attached to a separate bank account for that reason but I stopped using pp.
wont matter they will just come after you for the money in courts if necessary they will get the money one way or another they will trash your credit if they cant take the money right back out basically the same way as wrting a bad check
Old 03-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
wont matter they will just come after you for the money in courts if necessary they will get the money one way or another they will trash your credit if they cant take the money right back out basically the same way as wrting a bad check
That sucks! Just got sacked myself on a car i sold on evil-bay Thank god it was only the deposit $. Your man in oregon will get his someday Karma will catch up! Rich I'm Finished with e-bay aswell as paypal!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Paypal will NOT and has never supported the seller!!!! The seller ALWAYS gets screwed if there is a dispute!!
Exactly. Paypal ripped me off, doesn't matter how much proof you have they don't want to hear it. Paypal is good to use if you're buying something but not if you're selling.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:49 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Thats because paypal is owned by ebay and if you've ever sold anything on ebay then you know all they care about is the buyer. A seller can't even report a deadbeat buyer to other sellers.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Registered

I was in Home Depot this morning and noticed they take PayPal at the u-scan now. How does a big company like that keep customers from pulling this stunt? Obviously they have the evidence of the customer ringing out, and video of you leaving the store, but if PP does not accept any dispute from the seller, what then?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Use Amazon and you can pay with a credit card. After reading this I'm glad I closed my pp.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Thats because paypal is owned by ebay and if you've ever sold anything on ebay then you know all they care about is the buyer. A seller can't even report a deadbeat buyer to other sellers.
i use to get surveyed by ebay all of the time but the last few times they did i went off on the person about their buyer protection deals like no negative feedback i always ask them how much money a buyer spends with them and they would just change the subject i guess i need to change my screen name as i am done with selling on ebay i will still buy but let some one else pay the bill now
Old 03-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Paypal has always been shady.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.