Beware Velocity Listing on Ebay

Notices

Beware Velocity Listing on Ebay

Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware Velocity Listing on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...item3f1a40b3ce

Seller lists this boat as "Brand New" condition and it is NOT even close. My buddy wanted to buy this boat and we traveled 13 hours from NE Ohio to Kansas City with a cashier's check only to find the boat completely faded like it sat in the sun since '05 when it was new. The interior is filthy with black mold and mildew and rips in the seats. Trailer fender is smashed and tires dry rotted. Cover is bleached almost white from the sun. The prop is also listed incorrectly, it is not a labbed prop. The boat is worth maybe half of what they are asking and they tried to keep my buddy's $500 deposit. This boat was probably great when new, but the exterior and interior are shot from being in the weather. My buddy called on this boat numerous times before going to look at this boat and they assured him the boat looked great and was in "brand new" condition. All the pictures they sent him had to have been not current or recent. Buyer Beware!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I was watching that listing just out of curiosity. Pictures looked good. I thought that was a great deal. That sucks
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

Wow, what a shame. Another freakin car dealer crook.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,047 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by velocityvw
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...item3f1a40b3ce

Seller lists this boat as "Brand New" condition and it is NOT even close. My buddy wanted to buy this boat and we traveled 13 hours from NE Ohio to Kansas City with a cashier's check only to find the boat completely faded like it sat in the sun since '05 when it was new. The interior is filthy with black mold and mildew and rips in the seats. Trailer fender is smashed and tires dry rotted. Cover is bleached almost white from the sun. The prop is also listed incorrectly, it is not a labbed prop. The boat is worth maybe half of what they are asking and they tried to keep my buddy's $500 deposit. This boat was probably great when new, but the exterior and interior are shot from being in the weather. My buddy called on this boat numerous times before going to look at this boat and they assured him the boat looked great and was in "brand new" condition. All the pictures they sent him had to have been not current or recent. Buyer Beware!
That really blows, Im local in KC would of been more than happy to look at it for ya, if you find another one out this way give me a shout if your buddies still looking.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of velocity

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
That really blows, Im local in KC would of been more than happy to look at it for ya, if you find another one out this way give me a shout if your buddies still looking.

seen your posting if you would any chance you could get some pics of that velocity , would greatly appreciate them.