Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   Beavboats, what a jerk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/28373-beavboats-what-jerk.html)

Luv-N-It 07-12-2002 12:41 PM

Did someone say..."He is very well known in South Florida?" Well, I hope he is popular, not being an honest straightforward guy!!!!!

Steve_H 07-12-2002 01:55 PM

wow bob_t , this guy needs to be in jail.what a complete POS he must be.

lets all start emailing yachtworld.com about this guy before he rips someone off if he hasnt already.
:confused:

BajaBoss252 07-12-2002 02:42 PM

I'm wondering why this guy isn't in jail myself. I wonder when he's going to list my boat...

29Fever 07-12-2002 03:47 PM

What's the point of listing boats he doesn't have? Just so he can piss people off when they call about one of these "ghost boats"?

Risk Taker 07-12-2002 04:11 PM

Re: scam???

Originally posted by bob_t
My fountain was posted on Traderonline by beavboats and it isn't even for sale - nor did I ever even talk to them! Evidently he carped a picture of my boat from one of the pictures of it that are on the internet, and posted it for sale!

RJ -if the 27 fever you inquired about had lightning graphics, it probably was mine!

I called them to get details about "my boat" and he told me that if I was interested, he would have to contact the owner. I told him that I was the owner, that I had never contracted the boat with him, nor ever even contacted him, and that it wasn't for sale, so please take it off traderonline. He hung up on me at that point. - I still see it advertised on traderonline by beavboats, from time to time! :confused: :eek:

Aw jeez Beav......why d'ya havta go and do that for......

Brad Perry 07-12-2002 05:10 PM

I hope he likes a LOT of pizza.

dockrocker 07-12-2002 06:34 PM

FWIW, I got a reply from Yachtworld. I had sent them an e-mail about the Beaver, and a link to this thread. Here's the reply:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting YachtWorld.com

We appreciate that you have made us aware of the postings.
We will research further the issues involved.

Sincerely,
YachtWorld
Those of you that have had problems with this clown might want to sent YW a note - maybe we can get this clown kicked off there and save a fellow boater some frustration.

DR

cuda 07-12-2002 08:43 PM

I figure he lists boats he doesn't have, because he has one similar in size, power, etc. Then when someone calls about one he doesn't have, he'll say sorry, that one is sold, but I do have a such and such for sale. Just the old bait and switch. I'm sure he generates more calls that way, but I don't understand why he would generate calls when he doesn't want to answer questions. Strange situation.

Gumbydammit 07-14-2002 11:03 PM

Heh.....he WOULD be a great dealer to list your boat with if you had to sell it as part of a divorce settlement...hehehe

Strip Poker 388 07-15-2002 07:24 PM

b

i would not buy from a broker, talked to a few before i bought my boat , most were avasive, i do not trust them,most had the price jacked up.