Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Beware and Stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen-183/)
-   -   Beavboats, what a jerk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/beware-stolen/28373-beavboats-what-jerk.html)

obnoxus 07-15-2002 07:48 PM

Since he pushes for a deposit so bad, I wonder if he wont just take it and dissapear..... sorry, but if im buying a boat I will be handing cash as someone hands me a title !!!!!!

cigarette1 07-15-2002 07:54 PM

Sometimes you gotta to do what you gotta do... like when the broker has THE boat that rocks your world .... I'm not talking cookie cutter boats ... one day you might find yourself at a Lipship or a Martin Marine or a Pier 57 or a Mr. IDRPSTF. I've found all my boats through private party but it looks like I may have to deal with a Mr. Phil one day soon ;)

BajaRunner 02-06-2006 09:04 AM

Re: Beavboats, what a jerk

ttt

Strip Poker 388 02-06-2006 02:00 PM

This is why we need the bad business forum back up :(

super termoli 02-06-2006 04:10 PM

Beavboats website is housed within Yachtworld.com which is a legitimate yacht brokerage website which is open to members and legitimate brokers only, ie. only licensed brokers with valid yachtworld memberships can post their listings.

Yachtworld is a quality organisation and before people join, they do try to run background checks and make sure the prospective member is for real. However, it is clear that they cannot control everything and everyone. However, they are concerned with what is going on on their site and any activity and behaviour such as the ones attributed to beavboats should be reported to the management.

When a broker enters his listing, he will be asked to enter a HIN number. This is supposed to ensure that the broker has at least genuinely seen the boat in question and not just copied photos and specs from another site and of a boat that is not even for sale. However, it is obvious that HIN numbers can be invented, that he can use numbers of existing boats he knows, etc. Nonetheless, if people like Bob T report fake listings and improper business practices to Yachtworld, this will trigger what they call a "listings audit". And then he's in trouble.

BTW, I encourage you to get him in as much trouble as possible because this sort of idiot is giving a bad name to all yacht brokers who in majority do provide a valuable service and genuine advice to their clients.

X-Rated30 02-06-2006 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
You got that right

Hell yeah I'm drinking, Pilgrim! GET THE BAT! :evilb:

pdeschene 09-25-2007 12:16 PM

BeavBoats

I just found out how correct everyone is about Beavboats. He called me to advertize my boat and I went ahead and filled out the form to have it posted. Well it is still not posted. I called him today and he sounded lost. I concur that he is full of s_ _ _...

pdeschene 09-25-2007 12:20 PM

BeavBoats

Can anyone give me recommendations on selling my boat other than the traditional way. I have it advertized with Boat Trader and Craig's list currently and I am not getting any inquiries. I am looking for a quick sale and willing to accept slightly below value.

Sea-Dated 09-25-2007 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by pdeschene (Post 2284034)
Can anyone give me recommendations on selling my boat other than the traditional way. I have it advertized with Boat Trader and Craig's list currently and I am not getting any inquiries. I am looking for a quick sale and willing to accept slightly below value.

What kind of boat, advertise it here on OSO. I sold my last bought and bought my current boat here on OSO.

Chris Sunkin 09-25-2007 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by pdeschene (Post 2284034)
willing to accept slightly below value.

Depends on what you consider the baseline of "value" to be. If you're talking NADA value, you better be prepared to take significantly less. It's Fall, gas is $3+ and we're in one of the softest boat markets in decades.