Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beavboats, what a jerk >

Beavboats, what a jerk

Notices

Beavboats, what a jerk

Old 07-09-2002, 10:30 PM
Steve_H

Angry Beavboats, what a jerk

anyone ever heard of beavboats.com? i saw a boat on his site that i was intersted in.sent him an email asking several questions.where is the boat located?fresh water or salty boat?engine hours?

first email i get back is puter genarated without answering questions.

i email again. thanks for the email but can you answer my questions?

his responce: "salt"

hmmm , okkkkkkk. still didnt answer my other quetions.

i send another email "repeating my original questions" and also ask if i can get the owners email addy so i can talk to him.

his response: "no"

god help the guy that contracted with beavboats.com to sell his boat.

im sure brokers get alot of emails from people wanting information that are just tire kickers but isnt that just part of doing business? this guy acts like im bothering him and he's in the business of f@#%ing selling boats.what a jerk.

Old 07-09-2002, 10:37 PM
ROUGHSTUFF

Sounds like the guy is really interested in selling a boat?? He must have more business than he knows what to do with!!

Old 07-10-2002, 12:00 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what did you expect with a name like beavboats????
Old 07-10-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

That is not an uncommon response from marina's listing on the internet. I've had several similiar experiances (but there are a "few" good ones).

If they do not want to make adequate and informative responses to questions, either drop the e-mail address and eliminate the website, or step up and spend a little time providing the proper response. This doesn't mean that they have to respond immediately, but they need to respond within a week with accurate information. People are willing to travel for the right boat, but you can not travel to see everyone.

The internet and e-mail is a quick and fast way to narrow down a search on boats, but non-responsive marinas/brokers/private sellers can really put a sour note on looking for a boat.

Keep this in mind, and people might sell their boats quicker. For the most part, the buyer is doing the seller a favor, not the otherway around.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:17 AM
jb
Registered

I emailed him to let him know he is getting bad press and to check it out. In no way did I send an antagonizing message!
This was his reply!!! He must think I am LOTOPARTY!!!

BEAVBOATS REPLY:

{ Drop dead ok

You are what 15 years old

I took the fujking boat of my site
now you can't have it ha }

Nice guy huh
Old 07-10-2002, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OMG....WTF's that dude's problem?.....

Nice
Old 07-10-2002, 10:20 AM
Registered

JB-

Did he really take the boat off the site?
Old 07-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

I just went to his website. Here is what I sent to him:

your infantile correspondence with a member of "offshore only web forum" (www.offshoreonly.com) has been posted. Here is the link:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=28373

You should truly reconsider your attempt to list/sell boats on the Internet if you cannot prepare an informative reply to inquiries.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called this guy a few months ago about a 27 Fountain he had listed. At first I emailed him wanting more information. He replied that he could only get me more information if I made an offer and I should call him. So I called him and asked him about the boat. He did not know sh*t about the boat and said he would not even call the owner unless I wrote him a check! Would anyone in their right mind make an offer and write a check for a boat looking at only a picture. This guy did not even know what engine was in the boat.

Here is a copy of my reply email to him on 3/14/02.

Sorry Gary,

Thats not the way I do business. I will not make an offer on the boat without more information. I have requested more information from you on the phone and by email. You are either unable or unwilling to provide any service to me with out a deposit and I will not do business with you.

There are fifty 27 Fevers on Boat Trader right now and we have narrowed it down to two now that the one your representing is no longer an option. We have cash in hand and will make offers tomorrow.

Thanks anyway,

Ron

This guy is a jerk, stay away. The boats he has for sale are probably not his to list anyway.

Ron

Last edited by rjcardinal; 07-10-2002 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2002, 01:44 PM
Steve_H

give em hell guys

Quick Reply: Beavboats, what a jerk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.