Stolen Drives / Edgewater Md. 09-11-12 >

Stolen Drives / Edgewater Md. 09-11-12

Notices

Stolen Drives / Edgewater Md. 09-11-12

Old 09-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
Just came up with a good idea. How about a searchable list of stolen boat and boat parts where someone could go and check to see if the parts they are buying were stolen?
Great idea... anyone know if this exists? I can probably put this together in not much time if it doesn't.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Turbojack
Just came up with a good idea. How about a searchable list of stolen boat and boat parts where someone could go and check to see if the parts they are buying were stolen?
been done,,http://www.listitstolen.com/
Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spicy! John up here in Baltimore.We met at Cambridge a while back.WILL be on the lookout up this way.SUCKS!!!!!!!!! JOHN SR
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sucks that happened. It happened to me as well. The place storing my boat called and asked if I had been there working on it. I said no, they said "well, you better come have a look then"

Thieves took the drive, prop, trim rams, helmet, ginmbal ring and then the marina said "wish you didn't call the police" Weird...i had no insurance....

Anyway, I feel your pain. So sorry, hope they turn up!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered

Gimbal ring? Sounds like the marina's involved..... it isn't that easy to even remove one. Did they just cut through the swivel bolt?

To the OP, did you have stern drive locks installed? I'm always curious if these things work (I do have one).
Old 09-13-2012, 03:28 PM
bwd
Registered

Sorry to hear . Insurance is always a good thing , cause you never know if its gonna happen. But even then its a complete pain in the nads as the rest of this good boating year is shot to hell. Sometimes I wonder about all the info we put up here and is there some bottom feeder taking notes. What a violation!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bwd
Sorry to hear . Insurance is always a good thing , cause you never know if its gonna happen. But even then its a complete pain in the nads as the rest of this good boating year is shot to hell. Sometimes I wonder about all the info we put up here and is there some bottom feeder taking notes. What a violation!!!!
1. look at all the bottom feeders that come here to "sell things" and then just scam over and over......this part of the forum is littered with those stories

2. look at the bottom feeders that browse facebook and look for fools that have their entire life story posted including their address, the fact that they are single and living alone, and that they will be traveling to angola for a month......along with pictures of their house and all their electronics and other valuables

there is no reason to think that trash has not also figured out that similar things happen on websites devoted to high end items
Old 09-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexasVines
1. look at all the bottom feeders that come here to "sell things" and then just scam over and over......this part of the forum is littered with those stories

2. look at the bottom feeders that browse facebook and look for fools that have their entire life story posted including their address, the fact that they are single and living alone, and that they will be traveling to angola for a month......along with pictures of their house and all their electronics and other valuables

there is no reason to think that trash has not also figured out that similar things happen on websites devoted to high end items
So true...
Old 09-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Man, stuff like this just makes my blood boil. I lived in Edgewater for about two years back in 2004-2006.

Seems to me that your average meth addict wouldn't get a pair of drives off clean to take to the scrapyard for a quick fix. This definitely looks like an inside job by someone who knew exactly what they were doing.

I hope you find the animals that did this, and maybe you could spend the weekends that you are not boating reviewing the cinematic offerings from Charles Bronson to help you develop your strategy.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bravo-One-XR...462302&vxp=mtr

If you need quick replacements while waiting for insurance, saw these online

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.