Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
What are my options on a bad engine deal? >

What are my options on a bad engine deal?

Notices

What are my options on a bad engine deal?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1987pachanga22
Ok here is the add from the swap shop.

2 330hp 454's
I have 2 454 engines. One is complete and running, the match to it injested some water and needs rebuild. I have all the parts for the one that needs rebuild. These are the 330hp low hour motors. I purchased rebuilt engines that have maybe 100hours on them but got water in one because of bad exhaust manifolds. Make me an offer. I need them gone.
So what do you think the odds are that if one engine of the pair had "bad exhaust manifolds" and ingested water, the other engine would too have "bad exhaust manifolds" and also ingest water.

"Bad exhaust manifolds".....as in wrong manifolds with major reversion issues, or broken or no flappers, too short of risers etc.

The seller may have only thought one engine was damaged when in reality both were damaged. The Red Flag for me is the ad, very vague, ("complete and running", doesn't say how well it is running) and the price. Also, he bought them from somebody else, what the hell is the history?

I give the seller the Benefit of the Doubt, and the buyer Lesson Learned, lick your wounds, fix the motor yourself so you know what you have and go boating.

"Money can be replaced....lost boating time can not"