labbed 30s new from bblades test time only >

labbed 30s new from bblades test time only

Notices

labbed 30s new from bblades test time only

Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bsebesy
I know Racinfever personally and can tell you that he is the exact opposite of the portrayal by this poster. Several of my friends have had work done on their boats by Racinfever and have been nothing but satisfied. He is one of the good guys that will go out of his way to make things right for you or save you money. I saw this post tonight and found it so out of context that I called him to get his side of the story. It was they way I thought and I'll leave it at that.
seemed like a supernice guy to me too . props arrived with no delay . looked perfect on delivery . all looked and went great till i used the props , then they resplit from the repair that brett did for him . splits are not a lasting repair . its not if . its when they will let loose brett told me . this is the truth guys dont have much more to say .
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hmmmm something here dont seem right .i had a set of props from b blades that i damaged and needed them repaired again. bravo 1s also .brett made me take pics and send them to him and he looked them over while we were on the phone and clearly stated he wouldent fix them .now heres a set of props bravo 1s that have been fixed twice by him for the same problem no less . also the set he refused to fix i threw in the scrap barrel at my shop only to later take them back out and send to my local prop guy witch he fixed and have been running 3 years since with no issues .so why i ask would he fix a set of props that he new were bad in the first place not once but twice !!! .just dont add up
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 AM
bwd
Registered

Used props are tough to buy unless you know the history. Regardless of who is to blame here, my first problem would be 1200 for a used set of 4 blade, really? Its my opinion the only 4 blades that are worth that are the ones that are still in a new box. It always gives me pause when the wheels just come back from the shop. As far as I'm concerned as soon as they are labbed or rebuilt they are worth half. I sold a few sets of wheels (bravo 1's)recently but not for more than 6-700 a set. some for less. I like to think I'm being realistic on thier worth and not just giving them away. Props are so overpriced usually in the used market. Sometimes its tuff to find the magic ones.

Last edited by bwd; 01-30-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

geeeeze loise.. you guys all *****in about Bravo props... be glad you not runnin speedy stuff mulitply by 5!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

well ive decided after talking with several people , this thread is putting people that have nothing to do with it at risk for no reason . too many things are now being tossed around . why this why that . this thread is done . ill accept buying used props . wich did fail shortly after getting them . I am no liar . i swear, what ive said is true . you all have a right to draw youre own conclussion on this matter . but as of now im done with it . thanks and remember anytime youre thinking about purchasing a prop with bblades name on it .ask to see the hub .if there is any thing major like split ears . spidercracks the prop will be marked with an x . if you see an x . id pass on the prop . best of luck . and sorry for those drawn into this for no reason .. summer is right around the corner .and happy safe boating to all . rob
Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
hmmmm something here dont seem right .i had a set of props from b blades that i damaged and needed them repaired again. bravo 1s also .brett made me take pics and send them to him and he looked them over while we were on the phone and clearly stated he wouldent fix them .now heres a set of props bravo 1s that have been fixed twice by him for the same problem no less . also the set he refused to fix i threw in the scrap barrel at my shop only to later take them back out and send to my local prop guy witch he fixed and have been running 3 years since with no issues .so why i ask would he fix a set of props that he new were bad in the first place not once but twice !!! .just dont add up
Bret fixed theese props only after i was told not to . i asked him to give them another shot . he and i both kew that they probably will fail again . but to me it was worth a shot on trying again . since its my money, he went a head and did exactly what i asked him to do .do his best and well see what happens . props turned out great . but doesnt mean they wont crack again .
Old 01-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by adk61
geeeeze loise.. you guys all *****in about Bravo props... be glad you not runnin speedy stuff mulitply by 5!!!
good point . have a good one people bye
Old 01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rob, If you need another set I have a BRAND NEW NEVER in the water (but out of boxes) BBLADES Bravo I 30 pitch lab props for sale.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Registered

thanks bro . ive moved up to pfaff 750 s . so the 30s wont do me much good once the new power gets done .thanks any way . ps do they have any x on the hubs
Old 01-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

I have chosen to stay out of this conversation to this point.
Because, this isn't an issue involving BBLADES.
However, there is a point that is slightly unclear that I feel needs to be clear. The point is how BBLADES handles and eventually marks propellers with cracks repaired by BBLADES.

BBLADES serializes 98% of the propellers we work on. (The other 2% are not relevant) Serial numbers are placed in the inner hub where the nut is located unless the propeller doesn't allow that for various reasons. They are then relocated. Those serial numbers can consist of numbers and letters. An example can be BB4826XX. The X's in this case DO NOT signify cracked and repaired blades.

BBLADES "does" mark any and all cracked repaired blades at the ROOT of the blade repaired with a X. The X may be on the hub rear (away from transom) at the root on a cleaver propeller or on the prop hub front (nearest transom) on the casting pouring channels in the case of a Bravo 1 propeller. So, X's for cracks are not part of the serial number. X's for cracks are located in their own location.
So, if you have a X in your serial number, you don't have a repaired crack.

ANY AND ALL CRACK REPAIRS INCLUDE THIS DISCLAIMER ON THE INVOICE:

Weld Crack
(Customer understands the risks of welding cracks in propeller blades. No guarantees apply and all liability remains with customer. BBLADES recommends not racing or selling this propeller to other customers.)

Secondly, BBLADES prefers to not repair cracked propeller blades due to the possibility of repeat failure and the knowledge of potentially more cracks appearing in certain casting situations. BBLADES may however, repair these cracks at customer request with acknowledgement of the disclaimer above.
Some cracks may be due to stress risers from impact which dictate other actions (likely repair) and is less likely for more cracks to appear.
There are parameters BBLADES uses to decide whether we will or will not repair cracks. Size, location and distortion are some of those parameters. If the failure/crack is outside of these parameters, BBLADES reserves the right to refuse repair. Yes, the next prop shop down the street may decide he can do it because his parameters may be nonexistent or for whatever his reasons are. It may be financial gain or otherwise. Propellers with welded cracks can last 10 minutes or 500 hours. Again, the cracks status determines the risk for future failure. Non cost effective other means can help the repair to last such as annealing and heat treating.

This situation between RF and RF is a pretty good indicator as to the reason for BBLADES parameters.

OK, the serial number given to me by Rob Freeman is for a 30P RH Bravo 1 propeller that BBLADES welded a crack on in 11-09 by customer request knowing the condition of the propeller.

That same propeller was then brought to BBLADES on 9-12 and we again welded a crack at the request of the customer knowing the repair was not recommended.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.