Notices

Beware!! Crooks!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time Ya buy a used boat with no survey eh? Reputable dealer or not it is your own fault. Expensive lesson...
Old 06-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Registered

If Legends denied any problem with the paint, why did they offer you $1,000? Seems to me that they're admitting that there was a problem, no?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
If Legends denied any problem with the paint, why did they offer you $1,000? Seems to me that they're admitting that there was a problem, no?
not necessarily ,maybe they offered the 1K in good faith
a Marine Surveyor should of been used
Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

FYI....

Cast steel and stainless can absolutely be welded together. Stainless and aluminum, no....

316ls

I do it regularly......not heads to exhaust mind u....but cold stamped steel to stainless an fittings
Old 06-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
I thought it was BOATT.... Break Out Another Ten Thousand!!

Maybe that is just me!
no it,s not just you,lol
Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
FYI....

Cast steel and stainless can absolutely be welded together. Stainless and aluminum, no....

316ls

I do it regularly......not heads to exhaust mind u....but cold stamped steel to stainless an fittings
cast steel and stainless,yes,but like FIXX said,cast iron and stainless,i dont think so but im no welder.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Registered

Just a pissed off guy who joined this month so he can *****. No response to any post and no pictures of this mark and (from what I am gathering) difficult welding job. You all are just talking to the wall now!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Hasn't Legend Marine group been posted on OSO before for buyer's beware? If I remember right, they wouldn't return someone's deposit for a boat that wasn't what it was supposed to be.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clovins
Hasn't Legend Marine group been posted on OSO before for buyer's beware? If I remember right, they wouldn't return someone's deposit for a boat that wasn't what it was supposed to be.
Yes, but it was a person who put down a non-refundable deposit on a boat, then changed mind over night. So, again it was another bummed out person who was pissed off because they made a mistake and blamed Legend Marine. I don't know the folks at Legend, nor have I ever delt with them. So I am not defending them... I deal with pissed off customers all day long... It seems in this day and age, every one expects something for nothing, and expects people to go over an above to satisfy their every need. Both of these cases look to be customers who didn't pay attention or spend the necessary time to make a decision and are all bent out of shape because it didn't work out in their favor.... I might be wrong, maybe the guys at Legend Marine are crooks... But I wouldn't pass that judgement based on the two complaints I have read on this board...

Last edited by low_psi; 06-12-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Registered

I bought my boat on consignment from Casey 13 years ago at IBC. He's been doing this A LONG time, I doubt he'd be running LMG if he were a crook, this many years later. JMO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.