Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Just when you thought you had seen it all >

Just when you thought you had seen it all

Notices

Just when you thought you had seen it all

Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

think posative,a tool under the intake manifold is better than a rod hanging in the side of the block!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a customer that complained that his oil pressure would go up and down and he would stop and check the oil and it would be 2 qts down,then he put 2 qts in it and drove the boat back to the slip,next morning it was 2 qts over then he was like wtf..all was fine but he wqas out of town with the boat and the intake was leaking water so he had the local marina do the gasket,,it was all ok before he had the gasket replaced so my cust wanted me to re do it because their was oil coming from the breathers and wanted me to check into it and take the top end apart..i found about 25 red shop rags under the intake..i was like yikes!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Registered

Is that snap-on...... If so imagine how long the they walked around the shop cussing cuz he lost his 3/8. I once spent 3 hours going threw everything in the shop looking for a brand new snap on watching screw driver......... Gave up went to go take a piss.... It was sitting on top of the urial
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
Is that snap-on...... If so imagine how long the they walked around the shop cussing cuz he lost his 3/8. I once spent 3 hours going threw everything in the shop looking for a brand new snap on watching screw driver......... Gave up went to go take a piss.... It was sitting on top of the urial
Memory like a goldfish
Old 06-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Registered

Plans

After I bought the boat I didnt have time to fire it last year. Luckily when I started the engine, they had installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge near the engine and used a long brass nipple to extend the fitting off the block, nipple cracked, oil pizzed all over the bilge, the engine was banging pots and pans so we shut it off. Bought new intakes, rockers, goodies and now pulled it down to find a FREE wrench.So now Im going through everything to see what the " builder" left for me. Its like Christmas in July
Attached Thumbnails Just when you thought you had seen it all-oakville-20130615-00458.jpg  

Last edited by buckknekkid; 06-22-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 AM
Registered

Your handling it way better than I would ....
Old 06-22-2013, 05:30 AM
Registered

I bought it right and had planned to yank them anyway, its the old " You can pay me now or pay me later." With the rainy weather all spring its better to putter around rebuilding, than spending fuel dollars to get soaked in the cold.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered

I'm going to the final inspection of a boat i hopefully will be buying today... It needs work to. I really hope to have your attitude....ya must have really bought it right.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Registered

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
I'm going to the final inspection of a boat i hopefully will be buying today... It needs work to. I really hope to have your attitude....ya must have really bought it right.
You will spend a lot of money, more than its worth, but you create exactly what you want.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never found tools inside of engines but I have found all kinds of stuff inside of door panels, files, wrenches, ratchets, even a ham sandwich one time. So long as it was found sooner than later damage should be minimal. That is funny though. Randy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.