How about a BAD CUSTOMER section ? >

How about a BAD CUSTOMER section ?

Notices

How about a BAD CUSTOMER section ?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
We want our own for quick reference..... never know when a zombie is walking through the door.
a zombie,ok brian,no more coffee for you today. LOL
Old 12-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 110 Posts

Somebody that brings you work, you do said work and they don't want to pay. Somebody that brings you work, tells you how to do the work and when it does not work does not want pay. Demanding customers are not aways bad customers if they are spending enough money but slow pay customers are bad because when they finally pay you they think that moves them back to the front of the line...NOT. This a just a start.
I hear what you are saying Brian but,,
a lot of times a customer gets a bad rap because he complaints,,,most of the time customers only complaint because they did not get what they paid for,,,most people want to pay for the service and move on,,,then when that service fails and they complaint the 1st time the business might try to work with him,,when they the costumer complaint a 2nd or 3rd time,,now he is a difficult costumer,,just because someone might be a difficult costumer it does not give the business the right not to deliver what they promised...

a smart business would get 1/2 or 1/3 upfront to cover some of the cost ,,and do you have costumers that come into you shop and ask you to do work for them and then when the work is done they are happy with the work but don not want to pay for the service??really??
Old 12-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I hear what you are saying Brian but,,
a lot of times a customer gets a bad rap because he complaints,,,most of the time customers only complaint because they did not get what they paid for,,,most people want to pay for the service and move on,,,then when that service fails and they complaint the 1st time the business might try to work with him,,when they the costumer complaint a 2nd or 3rd time,,now he is a difficult costumer,,just because someone might be a difficult costumer it does not give the business the right not to deliver what they promised...

a smart business would get 1/2 or 1/3 upfront to cover some of the cost ,,and do you have costumers that come into you shop and ask you to do work for them and then when the work is done they are happy with the work but don not want to pay for the service??really??
Absolutely, I found it all the time working on diesel trucks and why I don't work on them anymore. "Here fix my truck" then they want to negotiate price. Some people's mentality is absurd, like the other thread when the truth came out. Or the people who want what they want and want it right now. Then ***** because something wasn't packaged as pretty as they would like. I sold an intake and got beat for the money because of a 3/8 npt hole that someone added, the threads weren't the best I'd seen but they sealed. It's npt has to be really bad to not seal! And a gimble 6 months later the guy wants a full refund because his mechanic was incapable of disassembling it. Well it was sold as a good used gimble that at most needed a bearing and boot. Why anyone would rebuild a gimbal is beyond me?? A new one costs less than the parts to repair never mind labor!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 283 Likes on 137 Posts

Part of the problem is that a lot of shops have an open work order and take advantage of it. After a couple weeks or months go by, the job is finished, and the owner gets the final bill, which is usually higher than the quoted price. Now the problems will start.

If you own a shop and do not want problems at the end of a job, it's simple:

Before the work is started, the customer knows he will be paid up every Friday or the work on his stuff is discontinued.

Friday afternoon all of the work performed during the week for said customer is tallied up including all parts, materials, labor, etc...

Customer is called and informed of his bill for the week, credit card is given, and customer is squared up for the week.

Simple and saves a lot of BS but most shops don't like this because its hard adding hours to a bill on a weekly basis, as opposed to an open work order or 3 months.......
Old 12-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who would be the 1st on the list?

I agree. There has to be some accountability to make accusations against a business and proven to be less than accurate. Damaging an individuals name is one thing, but a business is another.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

What ever happened to developing and MAINTAINING a SCHEDULE? I deal with VERY demanding clients, and when we set a schedule for a project it is clearly defined that a lack of response or action on their part may delay the schedule & add cost to the project. At that point, they own the delay & the cost of getting "back on schedule." While I'm not an engine builder or boat builder, most projects that I run are $1-$25 million. Many of those projects are food or medical projects that have no room for delays. The clients that I deal with understand "cause & effect" as in the lack of response from said client may "cause" delays that require extra forces or shifts, and the effect will be increased cost to complete the project on time. I don't see why the same methods can't be utilized in engine building or boat building. As in, "Mr Customer, this is our schedule. This schedule is BOTH of our responsibilities to maintain. If I need your approval to proceed, you have XX hours to respond before I am forced to move to the next project in line. If you choose not to respond, and your work has to be rescheduled, then we will do so but please be advised that the initial schedule is null & void due to your prior lack of response."
Old 12-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We want our own for quick reference..... never know when a zombie is walking through the door.
This section looks like it works fine to me. Yeah hey zombies, they're everywhere! LOL!
Old 12-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
Some people's mentality is absurd, like the other thread when the truth came out. !
I am not sure the truth came out,,,the op said his side of the story,,,then a couple of days later the business owner replyed with his side,,,so that makes it the truth??I do not know,,,guess maybe it does...
Old 12-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,784 Likes on 885 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I am not sure the truth came out,,,the op said his side of the story,,,then a couple of days later the business owner replyed with his side,,,so that makes it the truth??I do not know,,,guess maybe it does...
Truth is a matter of opinion. People are free to read the thread and make their own decisions based on what was posted by both parties.

In lue of the post that was closed last night by a customer that did not want to pay his bill so he decided to come on OSO and prove himself wrong, why don't we have a section for all the builder/riggers that want to out bad customers.
IMO, creating a "bad customer" section is a bad idea and completely unprofessional.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In all practicality, I don't see a business googling potential customers names.
Unfortunately another builders name was hinted at in that closed thread because speculation and beating around the bush was allowed. I'd be pissed if I where TC. People search business names for reviews. Even posts that are incorrect, they are still there and allow for some second guessing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.