Beware of Scorpion 31ft aka Jeff Farquharson >

Beware of Scorpion 31ft aka Jeff Farquharson

Notices

Beware of Scorpion 31ft aka Jeff Farquharson

Old 06-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Scorpion 31ft aka Jeff Farquharson

A few weeks ago, I saw an ad in the swap shop http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...used-nice.html, posted by Scorpion 31ft. He did not have any pictures up and was asking 1200.00. He said call only, he wont answer on the forum. He also said it included trim rams, trim pump, ect. I called him on May 27, 2014 to discuss the parts and condition. He informed me that the transom assembly was ready to bolt on the boat and there was no problems with any of the parts, everything was in great condition and from a freshwater boat. He sent me a couple of pics of the parts and from what i could see in the pictures the parts were ok, but there was only a few pictures and they didn't really show any detail. What i did see was a little bit of salt build up by the drive studs. He called me rite back after sending me the pictures and i asked him has it ever been in salt water and he said it was on his buddy's boat and it was in the water in Flordia only twice, He again assured me there was nothing wrong with the parts at all, they are ready to bolt on. So we settle on a price of 950.00, and then we talk about shipping. I said ill send you an extra 200 for the shipping and if it is less then that then you will refund the difference and he said yes. So the very next day, May 28, 2014, I sent out a check certified mail for the 1150.00. He informed me that he had received the check on the 31st. On thursday june 5th i saw in my bank account that the check had been cashed so i texted him and asked him when he would be shipping out the parts, he said he was swamped at his shop so prop the next monday, i said fine. So i asked him on the next monday if the parts had gone out he said no. A few days had gone by and he had called me asking if i really needed the exhaust horn because the ears were busted off the bottom and i said yes it was included in the deal. He said he had to find someone to weld the ears on, which was true. So after all that, the parts go out on June 13th, he tells me the shipping was 98.30. I said well what about the other hundred, he said it would have been two hundred but he got a deal on the shipping, so i said you owe me a hundred bucks, he claims no, i said whatever, i need the parts and i was happy they were finally on their way. I Received the parts on June 18th and when i opened the boxes, I was mortified in what he had sent me. The transom assembly was completely unuseable... It had rot holes rite through the back plate!! It looked like it had been in salt water for 10 years, there was a bent outdrive stud, the cone inside the water hose was crushed due to salt buildup, a broken mercathode, bad gimbal bearing, a stripped out bolt on the trim rams, rotted out trim pump bracket, a trim pump that doesnt work and a junk welded exhaust horn. I called him 20 times that night and left him numerous text messages and no response. I finally got a text about an hour later saying he would call me the next day. So i wait for his call, i tell him these parts are unuseable and i beg and plead for him to just refund my money and ill send all the parts rite back and he said no. We argue back and forth and he says he already spent the money on a new blower for his own boat so he has no money and ill have to wait a few weeks for a refund, i said unacceptable. He cuts me short and hangs up. I go home from work and take a bunch of pictures and send them to him and there was no response. I wait until today and text him again stating i need the money cause im loosing my job and now i need to get my boat back together and possibly sell it. No response. So i tell him that this is the only thing i can really do, although i dont want to, but i have to call him out on oso. He finally responds back stating that the parts were "as is" and it will be a few weeks if not months for money and tells me ill look like a dumbass for posting on here and that now im pissing him off! Im the one who got screwed by this dude!!! All i want is my money back and to get rid of this pile of junk parts. I was promised parts that were supposed to be bolt rite on and in great condition, what i got was a box of crap. GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY JEFF! AND EVERYONE ELSE BEWARE OF THIS CON ARTIST!!!!

This is the crap that i was sent.... ALL I WANT IS MONEY BACK!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

all i can say is WOW.i dont know how guys sleep at nite when they pull this crap.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Registered

By The Way, these are the pictures he sent me

Old 06-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
all i can say is WOW.i dont know how guys sleep at nite when they pull this crap.
Me neither, all i want is my money back and to get rid of this pile of crap parts.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

And these are the days of our lives.

I havent had enough of the soaps today.

I hope you get your refund partner. That outer assembly looks like hammer'd dogsh!t.

Nice took only angles to hide the flaws.........
Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

WOW!

I was looking for an HP setup and came across his ad. I didn't bother calling him just to get some pictures.

Get a LOT of pictures anytime you buy something. If the seller doesn't want to be bothered, I always move on.

Another member on here was selling a few HP assemblies also. I asked him for pictures and he sends me one where you really can't see anything. Needless to say I didn't even bother emailing him again.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Registered

Are he and Johnnyboatman friends? It seems they conduct business the same way, which is basically to screw over a customer. Been in salt water twice? I would say it pretty much lived in salt water. Ready to bolt on? Really? Another con man. I hope you get your money back!

Looks like he is now selling a prop on swap shop-

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...5-1-4-dia.html

Last edited by Donziweasel; 06-25-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Sorry you got junk parts for $1150......but you know Johnnyboatripoffman is loving this thread, maybe his will cool off now!
Old 06-25-2014, 07:49 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

It would have been less painful if he sent you an empty box.

He needs to send the $$$ back and take a quick kick in the nutz to man up.

This is beyond pitiful.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by underpsi68
WOW!

I was looking for an HP setup and came across his ad. I didn't bother calling him just to get some pictures.

Get a LOT of pictures anytime you buy something. If the seller doesn't want to be bothered, I always move on.

Another member on here was selling a few HP assemblies also. I asked him for pictures and he sends me one where you really can't see anything. Needless to say I didn't even bother emailing him again.
Yep lesson learned, I will never buy without tons of pictures, and also dont fall for a good deal cause theres always a catch

Last edited by rebcammaz; 06-25-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.