Yellow Freightliner in classifieds ?

Notices

Yellow Freightliner in classifieds ?

Old 07-25-2014, 10:28 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Yellow Freightliner in classifieds ?

Yellow Sport Chassis 2007 for $42,900 in the tow vehicle section. So you call the phone number and an automated voice tells you to contact via email. When you contact via email you are given a different phone number and a different name than in the ad. When you talk to that person he will offer to ship it anywhere for $250. When you tell him you'd like to see the truck and can be there within hours with the money you are told you need to do a wire transfer first for him to hold it or don't come to look as others are interested. Person claims to be in Islip NY. Truck is in Illinois I think. He won't send info via fax but will email a copy of title. Title not in his name.
So draw your own conclusion.
P.S. if there aren't enough red flags already he has a foreign accent.

Last edited by bck; 07-25-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Yellow Sport Chassis 2007 for $42,900 in the tow vehicle section. So you call the phone number and an automated voice tells you to contact via email. When you contact via email you are given a different phone number and a different name than in the ad. When you talk to that person he will offer to ship it anywhere for $250. When you tell him you'd like to see the truck and can be there within hours with the money you are told you need to do a wire transfer first for him to hold it or don't come to look as others are interested. Person claims to be in Islip NY. Truck is in Illinois I think. He won't send info via fax but will email a copy of title. Title not in his name.
So draw your own conclusion.
P.S. if there aren't enough red flags already he has a foreign accent.
So now these scum bags are paying for their ads instead of preying on the Craigslist crowd??
Old 07-25-2014, 12:03 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Well if it's legit I owe someone an apology but I gave an accurate description of how it went. So...
Old 07-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
So now these scum bags are paying for their ads instead of preying on the Craigslist crowd??
That's next level stuff!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

run forrest run.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:48 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

You got that right. I'm out. Just hoping to warn others.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
You got that right. I'm out. Just hoping to warn others.
emailed them with 2 questions of more pics and miles, i got the same bs response; I responded back with "I asked you 2 questions and you answered neither"

Hello,

The truck is still available for the price of $42,900.00 and it is in very good condition,mechanically, as well as esthetically, with no accident damage nor any other damages and the location of the vehicle is Joplin, MO. We want you to be completely satisfied with your online automotive experience from purchase to delivery.
Please understand that RV Wheels will arrange shipping for you as a value added service only, with a 7 days inspection period prior to purchase, vehicles are ready for export (Clean title) also RV Wheels can also import vehicles by request.
We have our own moving trucks we use for our clients' vehicle shipping needs.
We work with a big amount of vehicles and not all of them are uploaded on our website,feel free to contact us for any details if you can't find the vehicle you are interested in.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:48 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

The ad is gone. I might still check the vin number to see who the owner actually is. Should I try to delete this now that the ad is gone?
Old 07-26-2014, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I would leave it as they will probably place another ad.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
The ad is gone. I might still check the vin number to see who the owner actually is. Should I try to delete this now that the ad is gone?
Leave it up as a warning for others for similar situations or ads that may pop up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.