Aftermarket Marine off of Amazon

Notices

Aftermarket Marine off of Amazon

Old 07-28-2014, 10:45 AM
JBA
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Marine off of Amazon

I know that this may be a bit petty compared to the other big ticket items that are normally listed on here but…. Recently I purchased 2 x Mercruiser Bravo outdrive mounting gasket sets with nuts and washers for $6.75 from Aftermarket Marine 2207 Kingston St. Kenner, LA. 70062 with a $5.75 shipping charge. When the package arrived on time and in good condition I had noticed that there was only one of the two sets in there and on the invoice it showed two sets, not a big deal I wasn’t ready to install them for a few days anyway so I call to let them know and everything is fin they say sorry and we will ship it out to you right away, about a week and a half go by and nothing so I call again but this time the guy was not so easy going and said that I only paid for one and it’s amazon’s fault not theirs and I need to pay for the next one even though my bank account and invoice say otherwise. Long story short I finally got him to agree with me after 3 calls and he said he would send them yet a week has gone by and no parts so when I call today he told me with an attitude it’s not his problem and I need to call back later to talk to shipping.
For a measly 6.75 I have now invested the better part of a month and at least 8 phone calls to a company that acts like I am nothing but a problem because I want what I paid for.

Sorry for venting but this is BS customer service and I figured others should know so their time is not wasted.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Take it up with Amazon they will refund or get it straightened out.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A seller is at the mercy of amazon.....especially if they have found their way into the buy box, of if amazon does the fulfillment for them.

Amazon has your back......go there and let them fix it....
Old 07-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A seller is at the mercy of amazon.....especially if they have found their way into the buy box, of if amazon does the fulfillment for them.

Amazon has your back......go there and let them fix it....
+1
Old 07-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Amazon doesn't help, simply file a CC dispute. Between Amazon and your CC you should be fine.

For stuff like that I always try and spend my money at my local marine store. Buying all the small things from them goes a long way when its time for a big ticket item. Example, I am in my local marine store damn near daily for misc stuff, even when not necessary needed for the boat. When I blew an Optimax Air Compressor last month, my local marine store sold me the pump at almost dealer cost (about $100 cheaper than the lowest price online).
Old 07-29-2014, 09:39 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry to change this up but the above with the Merc Opti with bad air compressor. you will have to get your air injectors and your fuel injectors tested 100 % professionally. Hate to say it, but it might be wise to replace all your air injectors. If that air compressor let go then the air injectors could or will have that trash inside of them. I am trying to help you out as it sounds like you are working on it yourself.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Sorry to change this up but the above with the Merc Opti with bad air compressor. you will have to get your air injectors and your fuel injectors tested 100 % professionally. Hate to say it, but it might be wise to replace all your air injectors. If that air compressor let go then the air injectors could or will have that trash inside of them. I am trying to help you out as it sounds like you are working on it yourself.
Thanks for the info, but when the air compressor let go I was at idle and shut it off immediately. Had I been running it at speed, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it until it was too late. The compressor was still making pressure, just began knocking (bearing failure). The rings and piston were 100% unharmed, so no danger of debris getting into the air system. I back flushed the oil lines and all debris (as little as there was) was caught by the inline filters on the return line. This was confirmed by flushing the oil line on the other side of the filters, no debris was found. I have since replaced the pump and have put a good 10 trouble free hours on the boat since, well except I had a lower let loose on me.......
Old 07-30-2014, 09:57 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

It does not take much for an air or fuel injector(s) to become restricted or bad from material. Actually a logged tiny spec is all it takes in a lot cases . Anyways your air pressure test needs to be 10 psi more than the fuel pressure tests . like 90 for air and 80 for fuel or close to those numbers. And then each air and fuel injector should have been tested for flow testing and possible cleaned.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
It does not take much for an air or fuel injector(s) to become restricted or bad from material. Actually a logged tiny spec is all it takes in a lot cases . Anyways your air pressure test needs to be 10 psi more than the fuel pressure tests . like 90 for air and 80 for fuel or close to those numbers. And then each air and fuel injector should have been tested for flow testing and possible cleaned.
I would agree with you 100% if the piston or ring had failed. However with them 100% intact and no scoring of the cylinder, it would be impossible for metal debris to get past the rings and to the air injectors/lines. Now, if there was any damage to the piston/rings/cylinder walls, then yes, I would be worried about the injectors. My pump was noisy, but working fine. The needle bearing had fallen apart (due to a poorly machined surface it was riding on.) So the connecting rod was slapping around on the crank. It was ran like that for less then 1 minute, which is why no damage was done to the top half of the compressor... Motor has well over 20-30 hrs since the new pump (I said 10 in my previous thread, but now that I had time to think about it we put 10 hrs on it the first weekend after the new pump was put on). Have seen a few runs of 40+ miles at 4000rpm (occasionally bumping up to 5000 rpm). When I installed the new pump I put the motor into break in mode as well (not that that has anything to do with debris in the air system)...
Old 07-31-2014, 10:51 AM
JBA
Registered

Buying stuff at the local dealer is a great idea if you have one or two close enough to do so. The nearest one is so overpriced I would never be able to afford the parts for this twin engine rebuild I am doing. Just for the two sets of trim sensors to replace the old ones with frayed wires would have cost me and extra $86.00 and the time off of work to go there to get them.
No thank you!

I am starting to believe that this is just a cursed order to begin with. It was a small mistake made the first time with the order and then just a dropped ball, honest mistake. I had just talked to Aftermarket Marine again last night and they are trying to make things right my refunding the entire sale price and next day shipping the parts. It looks like this beware and stolen section does work at times because he mentioned this post. Everything is now taken care of and moving forward EXCEPT when it comes to the next day shipping (NOT) aftermarkets fault but when tracking the package through UPS it shows that the next day item was shipped on the 29th and is held up in Louisville, KY.. Looks like it’s going to be another weekend without getting my drive back on the boat.

Final word is that Aftermarket Marine has taken the appropriate actions to correct this issue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.