Beware of '38 Top Gun on Ebay >

Beware of '38 Top Gun on Ebay

Notices

Beware of '38 Top Gun on Ebay

Old 07-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Your eBay guy responded to the message I sent him on eBay-

"The guy who Bid on my Boat didn't have the money, He took me for a ride for a week, telling me every day that he was coming to pick up the Boat, Then I contacted Ebay for bad feed Back that's why he's talking all that crap about my Boat. Thank you, I will show your message to Ebay."

Not a very detailed explanation lol. I don't know what to think, proceeded with caution I guess??
Old 07-31-2014, 02:38 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Since he relisted it, he should have put the correct location of the boat..no matter where his "winter home" is. Also if it's in Ft. Lauderdale during the winter it's not a fresh water boat. Some of the things just don't add up to me with the lister. As for the buyer I can't see where his ad states anything about a deposit within X hours of end of the listing. That should be in the details if that's what he expects. No way in hell would I wire anyone I don't know any amount of money these days unless it was a dealer and I had all the legit paperwork. Selling something that's in someone else's name can turn into a PITA in a hurry.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
don't know what to think, proceeded with caution I guess??
I think the whole point of this thread is "proceed with caution". When I bought something big off ebay (Jaguar XJR) the seller had reasonable demands. Sent him a 500$ deposit and went to look at it a week or so later.

I would be skeptical too if some guy was pressuring me to wire money.....

Conversely if I was selling something This big I would speak with the buyer and work to accommodate him within reason
Old 07-31-2014, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the Ebay web site:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/item-location.html

Item location misrepresentation policy
In this article
In this article
Policy overview
What are the guidelines?
Why does eBay have this policy?
Policy overview

Sellers must be clear and accurate about the location their item will be shipped or picked up from. We don't allow false, inaccurate, vague, or misleading information about the location of an item in the Item location field or description. When listing items for sale, sellers are expected to provide the city, state and country of their item so shipping charges and delivery times can be accurately calculated and communicated to buyers.

Also, if there is a location stated in the item description, it has to match the location in the item location field.

Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Sounds like a SCAM... Now the listing does NOT have a LOCATION.

John

Last edited by Johnaut46; 07-31-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:13 AM
Registered

Local99, Thanks for the heads up on the situation. I have bought and sold lots of large items over the internet and there are unfortunately LOTS of scammers both buying and selling. I agree with you that something appears fishy to say the least! If it walks, talks, smells, and tastes like sh.. then it probably is. If it is listed in one location and is actually in another that is an Ebay violation and is reason not to complete the sale. NEVER wire money to an unknown source as it cannot be recovered! Run as fast as you can from deals that don't feel right. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with the boat search, Rob
Old 07-31-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered

You Know what? you're a BULL****TER, its easy to talk **** about people, you just don't have the money to buy this Boat, you were wrong and EBAY put your account in bad standing because you're a liar, that's why you had to change your account, My Ebay account will stay like that because I have nothing to hide, you take people for ride, we enjoy this Boat everyday in Ontario and I will continue to enjoy it until its sold, ( People be careful with this guy) don't do business with him, he'll put you in trouble with all is lies, he's not even MAN enough to call and try to arrange things, he just make his wife call for Him!! LOL
NO MONEY NO CANDY BODDY
Old 07-31-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

looks like thats the other side of the story
Old 07-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

You know what screams bullsh*t? The fact that the boat is still listed as being in Florida. You just confirmed right here that the boat is indeed in Ontario. YOU ARE MISREPRESENTING THE LOCATION. So now it begs to question if the boat has a US or Canadian title. If it needs to be imported into the US, there is a 1.5% duty fee, which is a nice little added chunk of change that isn't accounted for when the listing shows the boat as already being in the US. Nowhere in your listing do you state the boat is in Canada. Do not sit there and call someone a liar when it is blatantly obvious that you are purposely misleading people. As others have previously stated: When it comes to larger sums of money, if you are not 100% honest 100% of the time, no one should give you a dime. I've made that $40,000 mistake before, and I don't blame this guy for backing out on when things were not as they were stated. Fix your listing, until then, you are the liar.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

would that boat fall under the catagory of "american goods returning" since it was mfg in the us? anyone know?
Old 07-31-2014, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HUMMERH1
You Know what? you're a BULL****TER, its easy to talk **** about people, you just don't have the money to buy this Boat, you were wrong and EBAY put your account in bad standing because you're a liar, that's why you had to change your account, My Ebay account will stay like that because I have nothing to hide, you take people for ride, we enjoy this Boat everyday in Ontario and I will continue to enjoy it until its sold, ( People be careful with this guy) don't do business with him, he'll put you in trouble with all is lies, he's not even MAN enough to call and try to arrange things, he just make his wife call for Him!! LOL
NO MONEY NO CANDY BODDY
That is the best argument ever bro! Instead of countering all the arguments presented you call me a "Bull****ter" despite the evidence proposed. Tactic of a weak minded individual. You are a shady POS. I tried to work with you and all you did was give me a "it's my way or the highway" It is easy to tell everyone I didn't have financing. I will say this 45 more times. Pre-approved. YOU wouldn't take a cashiers check and a cash down payment. If you were upfront and truthful from the beginning the deal would have been done by now.
And what lies did I tell you? And furthermore why are you using a boat that is still registered to Kirstie and Duffy? Not MAN enough to put the title in your name? SMH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.