Notices

Stolen Bravos

Old 09-17-2014, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Just saying watch out for listings on Craiglists for Marine apps that are stolen. Also if you could ask around to see what marine techs who have lost there jobs / fired / or went out of business that have free and easy access to most marinas. More common than you think as they can be the thieves.

Also ask all marine techs in the area as they might have some of the stolen parts, The real thieves hit them up to buy the stolen items knowing their is a great market for used parts and quick cash. Small marine shops are always looking for good clean used parts to sell (not saying they are thieves) but can get hit up to buy the stolen parts. Also some marine techs can be in on the stolen parts operation. Again not uncommon.

I use to get hit about once a year for example - small outboard motors and props and lower units, I would ask where and what is these parts off of and for the outboard motors where is the title. A lot times the thief did not have the answers so I told them I do not buy possible stolen goods. They would most of the time just leave in a hurry but like nothing happened or acted like I was now wasting their time.
Thanks for Your input
Rich
Old 12-15-2014, 11:59 AM
Registered

I had a pair of Bravo I 26 pitch props stolen along with a full custom cover for a 31 Sonic Garmin Gps, life jackets lines fenders and hand held radio from Greenwich Bay Marina in Rhode Island. the cover was the most important as it cost me approx. 4300. any info would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatowner
I had a pair of Bravo I 26 pitch props stolen along with a full custom cover for a 31 Sonic Garmin Gps, life jackets lines fenders and hand held radio from Greenwich Bay Marina in Rhode Island. the cover was the most important as it cost me approx. 4300. any info would be appreciated. thanks.
make another thread if you want to find your stuff
Old 12-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Registered

Rack storage fixes these type of problems.Like to see someone try to get a bravo from 20' off the ground.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MichiMike
Rack storage fixes these type of problems.Like to see someone try to get a bravo from 20' off the ground.
That sounds like a dare... LoL
Old 01-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just wondering if you had the "Locking Nuts" on your Bravo's? I have been lucky so far with mine...although during my build up I did have 2: like new Bravo TA's stolen that still has me pissed.