Hypothetical rip off?!!

Old 10-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Will do Boss!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is why I try to avoid using Paypal... I've gotten burnt like this a couple of times. I know a couple of other guys on here that have been burnt the same way.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Rich I hate to say it, but your phucked. I had the same thing happen. Luckily I had no money in my PayPal account. So each time there collections department calls I politely tell them I will absolutely refund 100% of the money when they get my part back to me. Until then PHUCK OFF.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I want to see the Device in the "Sock Drawer" Its Big Isnt it?? Now to the Matter at Hand, This type of Sh*t pisses me off bad. When people cant keep their word it makes me want to punch them in the Face...Repeatedly.....Each hit harder than the previous one Grrrrrrr......FFFFaaaaaakkkkkkkk
Old 10-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paypal Fs another seller... Imagine that.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
Reverse it.

I sold the inverter. I was late to ship. I covered shipping. Got pm, item not as described....gimme my money back......and doing me a favor by doing it private.
Then looked in inbox, paypud case disputing charge.

Out 200, out shipping, out the inverter.....

I don't like any of this. Everyone here has been great. This trans sucks. I told dude return and I'll refund, or I'll send the control panel.....an oversight....but no reply. Next I know....he won't ship if I don't pay, I loose the 200 (not including the fee) and the part.....as of today.

Kinda bent, more disappointed. Please....tell me my next step. I really don't want to turn this into another oso drama-casm.....

It's easy for me to act on the behalf of others......but I have this puzzy in me that prevents me from kicking the crap outta my own yard......live and let live sorta shat
You're not out $200 AND the shipping and inverter. You're out the inverter and shipping(which you admit you covered because of your shipping delay).
You also admit that you forgot to include the control panel which was apparently part of the sale.

I understand mistakes happen, but it sounds like they were made by you. Send him the control panel and a check to cover the return shipping.
Tell him that he can either ship it all back and cash the check OR tear up the check and keep inverter/control panel.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

commandersander, if you are the seller, i would just send him a prepaid tag via paypal to ship your stuff back....and if doesn't arrive with in a week or so, then get some local OSO boys to stop by his house and pick it up for you....not worth loosing out everything.

And IF you were the buyer....i would say send back the stuff at your expense since its the right thing to do! you got your money back now send the item back. Since you didnt see the stuff in person before purchase, its on you to accept the parts as is! This is not a retail purchase where you can just go back to the store and get a refund....its more of a garage sale item...as is where is based on another persons word. And there didn't seem to be a reasonable amount of back and forth communication as to any kind of resolution leads me to believe this is not the first go round with getting a paypal refund for something you bought!

just my hypothetical rant please don't take offense to it

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:36 PM
GLS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So who's who in this story
Old 10-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SS930
This is why I try to avoid using Paypal... I've gotten burnt like this a couple of times. I know a couple of other guys on here that have been burnt the same way.
Now you know three!!!!!

For me, the inverter and cash don't mean anything to me.....

ITS THE PHUCKIN PRICIPAL!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I'm who sold. Posted pics in the classifieds.....new in box.....never used.....

The box sat in my forward cabin since new.....never got around to hooking it up.

This is the xantrex model with a telephone jack that allows remote monitoring of the status.....if you so desire.

I shipped it late....(1 week) and apologized......along with the offer to pay shipping (38 if I remember correctly)

Buyer decided to pay originally with fees pointed at me....so I didn't even get the full 200.

Two weeks later, I get a long winded pm here about how it's dirty and he can deal with dirt, but it doesn't work. I told him ok, ship it back and I'll refund....or.....I'll send the control panel.

He said if I want it back, I need to send him money for shipping......I said no....so....do you want the control panel.

Now I look in paypal (they sent me an email) and I am almost 200 in the negative...and need to make a deposit.....or go to collections....

Once I saw he filed a case, no way I was chasing that.....especially because he did it before contacting me "privately " so as to save me shame on oso....considering I had so many likes....

So......yes.....I'm out the part, I'm out the shipping.....and I'm out the money that was in my paypal acct.

From buyer....daleroger

I see you are online, you said you would ship the panel on Wednesday, and no response. What's the deal. I have been more than patient on this deal.
Either refund my 200, plus 25 for shipping if you want the thing back, or if you have the panel, and it's in good shape, send it. If nothing happens by Monday, I will advance the paypal complaint to to resolution and let them decide. Since you had to many likes on OSO, I thought you were a man of your word ,

My response:
I am growing tired of you. My last pm to you was, "so send the panel"? No response until just now.

Without challenging whether or not I have dignity, I hand it to you as a final opportunity for resolution....

Ship it back and I refund.
or....
Approve shipment of the control panel, and I will.

You continuously state that you are doing this in private.....giving me a chance.....going out of your way....

Relax. Take option one, or two. I don't care either way.

You made a case with paypal before you EVER contacted me with an issue......meaning.....the two hundred is already gone from this side.....and shipping.....and the inverter.....

So I'm out 235 cash plus the part. Are you looking for sympathy from me? If yes, wrong door. Try the next one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.