Selling Your Boat? Use Cation When This Number Contacts You >

Selling Your Boat? Use Cation When This Number Contacts You

Notices

Selling Your Boat? Use Cation When This Number Contacts You

Old 01-31-2015, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Selling Your Boat? Use Cation When This Number Contacts You

Boats been on the market for only two days and I am already dealing with our planet's POS within a day. So if you're thinking about putting your boat on the market ignore this number; 386-444-2457

He said his name was Hector and he wanted to know if the boat was still for sale. I told him it was and this was his reply,

Your asking price is quite reasonable and affordable considering others I've seen lately, I'll take it. I would have loved to come check it out my self but I'm very busy at work. That's why I'll make arrangement for the pick up and delivery. Anyway, if you don't mind me asking. What's your name? Who is the right owner? Do you have PayPal for the payment? Please get back to me before we proceed with the transaction."

I did a quick search of the phone number and he is targeting people selling their boat on Boat Trader and Craigslist.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-386-444-2457

Needless to say I did not give him any personal or detailed information and that I only want to deal with potential buyers in person.

So, if your selling your boat be warned of this D-BAG's scam or whatever it is they are trying to pull.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Play a long a little bit next time, dont give him any personal info obviously but ask him where he works b/c you've got a buddy that could deliver it there.

Maybe with a work location we all can have a little fun with him!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:13 PM
Registered

Should have said NO SPAMMERS in your ad, then it wouldn't have happened
Old 01-31-2015, 11:31 PM
Registered

I've got time, so let's see what I can dig out of this little chit!!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:45 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
Play a long a little bit next time, dont give him any personal info obviously but ask him where he works b/c you've got a buddy that could deliver it there.

Maybe with a work location we all can have a little fun with him!
I've got over two hundred texts back and forth with some jack off craigslist spammer. I had a truck for sale and I've refered to it as a plane, boat, rv, ect at random and have changed the asking price every time he asked for it all of which went un noticed. I dragged part of the conversation so far he even told me to F off and I'd get the funds in hell lol. if I can figure out a way to copy an entire exchange its worth posting
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-01-2015, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by performancems
Should have said NO SPAMMERS in your ad, then it wouldn't have happened

Yeah because that works........,,,, Works about as good as the "do not call list".
Old 02-01-2015, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
I've got over two hundred texts back and forth with some jack off craigslist spammer. I had a truck for sale and I've refered to it as a plane, boat, rv, ect at random and have changed the asking price every time he asked for it all of which went un noticed. I dragged part of the conversation so far he even told me to F off and I'd get the funds in hell lol. if I can figure out a way to copy an entire exchange its worth posting
I remember that....we were rollin hehehehee
Old 02-01-2015, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Iwould gladly sell you my aeroplane, do you have ppaypal?
Old 02-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hector contacted me as well several weeks ago, my first response we "yes" the boat is still for sale then came all the stupid questions that proved he had no idea what he knew nothing about boats. I told him to stop wasting my time!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
Ok now I feel so unworthy. You have time to taunt and play with a scammer, but no time to answer my PM?

Gloom despair and agony on me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.