Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
would like thoughts on this >

would like thoughts on this

Notices

would like thoughts on this

Old 07-31-2015, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Missing on the x dimension that far should mean they do the transom for free. Just my opinion, we're not talking a 1/4" here
Old 07-31-2015, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Agree with U Jd. Not sure how you dont have an issue with the transom being wet. If it was supposed to be replaced, and was done correctly, whether the boat was open or not during that 4 years, it wouldnt/shouldnt be sopping wet. As to what may or may not have been in writing, if a shop is being paid to do a transom and has one idea about how they are going to do it, if upon opening of said transom, moisture as described is encountered, a RESPONSIBLE shop would stop, and say "hey, we were planning on doing this, as we usually do, but, given the amount of moisture, we are going to have to do more", not just do what they do and leave wet to corrupt the new dry portion.

This isnt Lilly by chance?
Old 07-31-2015, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hullofjustis
I am in the car business and if do an estimate if it is not right when the vehicle is completed I have to adjust it before the customer even questions it. but that is how I am.. I do not have problem with the price I do not have that big of a problem with the transom being wet. because it has been 4 years since it was completed and I could have left it open the whole time. I understand that argument. I don't agree but I get it. however if it was 10 years ago and no one invented drive spacers it would have been completely unusable.
my biggest problem is I cannot even get the damn thing on plane with out buying two one inch spacers. and even then I have to work the throttles to do so. I have 17% prop slip with 5 blades and 25%with four blades. I paid a professional to do it because I wanted it right. if I wanted to mess with it after words I would have done it .
Thats exactly what you need to tell the shop. You paid them so it would be right, and it's not even close.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make them buy you new boxs..
Old 08-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

Talk to the shop and politely but firmly, express your discontent with EVERYTHING you feel is not up to scratch. Obviously they won't fix everything but it is a bargaining point. You may be able to negotiate some equitable middle ground and they have an opportunity to clear their reputation with you. Give them a chance to help, they may surprise you.

If they are just not interested in your complaints, it has been a long passage of time, post their name here and get over it.

Hopefully nobody at their shop is watching OSO!!

RR
Old 08-13-2015, 04:42 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to ask you something. First I agree that if you don't have the original agreement in writing then you have an up hill battle for sure. The 3 up boxes you gave them to use, is there enough room on your transom to lower them 3-4 inches? I'm not familiar with your hull, is it stepped? Is there room in your hull to lower the engines 3-4 inches? Did you visit the shop regularly to check up on progress and before making any more payments after the initial deposit? At some point before it got this far off course someone should have caught a few of the many mistakes. Any reputable shop should have known that this boat wasn't going to plane. If they moved the engines up too far, I would be concerned with COG. How is it possible for a so called reputable company to make this many mistakes without someone catching it? Their argument is going to be that you approved all the work performed and unless you have it in writing I think your screwed. BTW, why did you pay them for painting the bottom if you didn't approve them to do so? Especially after all the mistakes that where made that are going to cost you thousands to have corrected. New transom take out of engines and drives. New custom engine mounts and rehang the boxes and drives. One possible solution is to find some neutral boxes effectively lowering your drives 3 inches if you can live with the height of the engines and any COG issues. Good luck my friend, hopefully you can convince that shop to correct some of their mistakes?
Old 08-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just wondering here. You said they were mounting the boxes an drives. Then you said you mounted the drives an the x was high? So the boat didn't have drives on it when you picked it up? Just asking. No dog in this fight.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
i'm just wondering here. You said they were mounting the boxes an drives. Then you said you mounted the drives an the x was high? So the boat didn't have drives on it when you picked it up? Just asking. No dog in this fight.
i paid the company to set the drive height and mount the boxes. I then after the motors were installed the drives.
They used a dumby drive to set the drive height
Old 08-17-2015, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Looks like it was definitely a dummy
Old 08-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder if for some reason they mocked up a alpha? Isn't that about 3" shorter than a bravo? Either way sounds like that were in over their head from the get go. Good luck

OR 2" ?

Last edited by scarab63; 08-17-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.