Notices

Have a question ?

Old 01-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Bawana
Your not out of touch at all. I understand what your point is. It would be very nice to help out fellow members on here. There are some members and nonmembers here that only care about their own agenda. I think any member or nonmember selling a good used part at a fair price is a benefit to all of us. But, look at it this way.. If someone bought a part, didn't end up actually needing it or couldn't use it, then put it back on here for sale and couldn't get what he paid for it. Should he be mad and want some money back????

I see your point , but it is not necessarily the same . The person who bought the part , might have payed more than it was worth on the used market , because he needed it ..so when they try to resell it they might have to take a little hit.. I'm sure it happens with props all the time.. if purchased at a good price they should be able to get there money back .. I have bought things on here that i did not use , and I have tried to resell and I still have it.. When I did try to resell the item I listed it for what I had payed for it and stated I had purchased it here ..
Old 01-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave several things away in the swap shop but stopped doing it after the parts ended up back in the swap shop for sale. I enjoy giving parts to people that need them, but for me to give them away and then see them for sale, that pisses me off........maybe it shouldn't as I did give them away.

Lot of ways to look at the OP's question.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
I gave several things away in the swap shop but stopped doing it after the parts ended up back in the swap shop for sale. I enjoy giving parts to people that need them, but for me to give them away and then see them for sale, that pisses me off........maybe it shouldn't as I did give them away.

Lot of ways to look at the OP's question.
Wow , thats really tacky. That person or persons should be put out on jump street and black balled. Thats like being a garbage picker on the streets.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks

It's impossible not to understand Tom's point. I completely get it.

Even in a brotherhood of boaters helping boaters, there will always be a few that see a part as a profit motive. For the most part, in my limited experience here, parts sell pretty reasonably priced.

My only suggestion would be if you need a part, buy it. If you don't need it, let someone that does need it buy it.

If you buy it and don't need it, pass on the same good will and good fortune to a fellow boater.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many people who make a great living flipping items. Parts, cars, houses, whatever. They are very savvy at buying and selling. There is probably no more to this story than that - someone hoping to make a quick buck with little effort. Nothing illegal about it. Ethical is another question, but I agree with many posters here. You sold it at a price you agreed to. What happens next is out of your hands.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Registered

You said it's not about the money, yet you complain about someone selling something they bought from you for more money? Seems like it is about the money. Market dictates price, you sell a stock, some guy sells same stock 3 weeks later for 50% more or less, so what? You got what you asked. I don't give a rip where it was re-sold...if you sell something for more than you buy it for, are you going to give the guy you bought from the difference??? I doubt it.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what are we talking about anyway? how much profit was made on resale. That is why Tom might be upset more than we know
Old 01-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Donzi540
There are many people who make a great living flipping items. Parts, cars, houses, whatever. They are very savvy at buying and selling. There is probably no more to this story than that - someone hoping to make a quick buck with little effort. Nothing illegal about it. Ethical is another question, but I agree with many posters here. You sold it at a price you agreed to. What happens next is out of your hands.
I hear ya,

Check out scream and fly's buy and sell : Forum: Buy and Sell Marketplace
Please report all unsolicited e-mail as a result of posting here.
Non-sponsor commercial advertising or selling/reselling is not permitted
Old 01-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GeeterB
You said it's not about the money, yet you complain about someone selling something they bought from you for more money? Seems like it is about the money. Market dictates price, you sell a stock, some guy sells same stock 3 weeks later for 50% more or less, so what? You got what you asked. I don't give a rip where it was re-sold...if you sell something for more than you buy it for, are you going to give the guy you bought from the difference??? I doubt it.
From one of my earlier posts.

I guess u guys are missing the point! I could care less if the item was sold elsewhere for a huge profit. I just don't like the fact I had to tell other people on this site no , so someone could buy it and then relisted it to make a profit from another person on this site ... Like I said before I Don't care about the money. It's the principle ...
Old 01-05-2016, 04:42 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by TomFTM
It's the principle ...
Here in, lyes the problem. Since many people today lack principle, many people will not understand what you are getting at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.