I think I got him... >

I think I got him...

Notices

I think I got him...

Old 08-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I think I got him...

I have been trying to sell my Yamaha FSX SVHO wave runner and the clown that I was dealing with said he got my listing here on OSO, but I dont remember listing it here.Thinking about it, I thought I might show you what I got...just in case the @$$hole tries someone else out here. I got a bite on it last month and I knew right off that this was a scam. I decided to string this dude on and see how far it will go, He used the name, Kent Mason with an email address of [email protected]. He sent me this check thru Fed-x priority mail using the name, Jacob Stewart at 4917 SW 183 Avenue in Miramar, Florida 33029. It was the usual scam practice...he pays me more than I am asking and I am suppose to deposit the extra cash in a different account for the shipper to come get it...rightttttttttttttttttttttt. I called the real bank in The Woodlands, which is just North of Houston and they told me the check was a fraud and that they wanted the check. I told them that giving them the check was not going to happen. So far, no one has showed up from the bank. On one of his emails, he actually did provide me with an active account number. Checked it out and it belonged to a different person, but I gave all the emails and a copy of the check along with the address on the Fed-x priority envelop to the FBI. They seemed very happy to get it and laughed at the fact that I was able to string this clown along for so long as well as get a bank account number that was real. I told them to do what they do and if they need me to press charges for fraud...let me know and I will be there. If any of you are selling something t...beware for dicks like this. And also be aware that it can happen using E-Bay. As for the two names that he used, they probably have no clue that they are being used. If anyone knows these two names, you might tell them that their names are being used.

As for the check...I am going to put it in a frame and put it in my office.
Attached Thumbnails I think I got him...-dsc01093.jpg  
Old 08-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Lol. I'd frame it too! If he is out of the country he can't be touched. Does the check have the watermarks and other security features?

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 08-16-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:26 AM
Registered

Talked to an agent yesterday and he told me they know who he is and that someone else is helping them with a same situation. He also told me that their pigeon is and lives in Florida. Dead meat walking.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

NOW if you could only catch the JACKWAD from the IRS that is calling my wife when I am not home. I wish they would call when I am home.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
NOW if you could only catch the JACKWAD from the IRS that is calling my wife when I am not home. I wish they would call when I am home.
I think that is going to be YOUR problem and something I dont want to get involved with because it is none of my business. However...have you ever heard of call forwarding? Forward all the calls on whatever phone the JACKWAD is calling to your cell phone. It will not show up on their caller id to be calling you and you dont have to hang around and wait. If your phone is capable of recording calls, you might want to do that also. The several years old regulations now state that you do NOT have to inform the other party that you are recording the conversation or ask for their blessing to do it...and there isnt jack-squat they can do about it.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was just kidding. I will handle it.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
LOL, my wife was getting these calls on her cell. One afternoon while we were driving she got a call again. I told her to hand me her phone and I answered it. Led the a-hole along for a few minutes with leading questions and such, and finally told him he was out of luck, as he had reached the home of an FBI agent, and the call was being traced. CLICK. No more calls!
Old 08-17-2016, 06:35 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Customer led me on to this and he is not a boater. LOL.

Canned air or gas horn pointed at the phone mic

Old 08-17-2016, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB

Great idea!!! I am going to set one next to my phone at home....
Old 08-17-2016, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SB

Dogs don't like when you do it in the house FYI.

I go outside now and do it, not that I get that many calls anymore. Neighbors would always laugh because they knew exactly what was going on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.