Notices

Beware Mabbco Motors Tyler, Texas

Old 09-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beware Mabbco Motors Tyler, Texas

To all,

Please think very carefully before purchasing anything form Mabbco Motors in Tyler, Texas. They talk a good game yet do not deliver. After the sale they do not answer emails, they do not respond to phone calls, and they certainly do not have a "technician call you" when you submit a warranty claim. They do however cower and hide behind a "published limited warranty", as they so frequently state in the multiple Better Business Bureau complaints against them

Here's the story. I Recently purchased a Motor that arrived in a condition that was far from what was expected. Motor arrived very poorly assembled, using parts of very low quality, many of which have no manufacturer branding and the workmanship in assembling the engine was several steps below inferior! In fact the Motor was never even installed/ran and actually failed during a spin test on the engine stand when rotated by hand!! Upon inspection it was discovered that the steel crank (re-manufactured) was ground and then not polished before assembly (probably the worst example of a crankshaft I have ever seen), The journals were of all different sizes and worse yet the Crank was never cleaned before assembly! This allowed all the sediment to remain in the crank to do wonderful things to the bearings upon the rotation by hand! All in all, the motor rotated about 10 times before completely locking up and destroying the bearings, and filling the oil with all the sediment form the filthy hunk of steel they used as a crank. Typically there are 23 steps to re-manufacturing a crankshaft, looks like they skipped all of them! Needles to say the motor will have to be completely dis-assembled, cleaned properly and be put back together with new internals.

Back to the story, immediately upon discovering this situation both myself and my mechanic reached out to Mabbco and described the situation. This is the last correspondence we have been able to achieve. It has been well over a month and not a word out of Mabbco as to what they are going to do to rectify the situation. They do not respond to emails, they do not answer the phone, and if they do, they always claim they will get back to you after 6pm. In what year? LOL!

Additionally, as far as the warranty claim is concerned it is a joke. All proper procedure was followed on our part and we have yet to hear from them. Claim was submitted with photos and a description of events and issues. Still nothing as far as a response is concerned. What is a shame is that they could simply admit their mistakes, pick it up and fix it! They are in the engine building business after all! Or so they claim.

Anyway, I will shortly attach photos of the condition the engine arrived in and the damage sustained due to the poor workmanship and inferior quality.

By removing all of the emotion and simply stating the facts I hope I can help at least one person avoid a similar situation. Google before buying! And take heed in some of the stories out there. Usually where there is smoke there is fire.

Please think very carefully before purchasing anything form Mabbco Motors in Tyler, Texas.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well put !!!!! .I will never use Mabbco.for anything It's a shame they get a way with this !! I hope people spread this about them . Good luck!
Old 09-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow. Google is not very good for their business!
Old 09-02-2016, 09:56 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks there is marine tech that I know on the net who has recommended them to other marine techs. Glad I have never done biz with them. Thanks again.

Really I have never found a longblock remaner on the marine end that I can say found them to be 1000 % completely happy with. Some were very little things and some were major things that always seem WHY and how did you miss that kind of deal.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member

What I don't get is why they don't just don't fix the issues and get the kudos for it. They just wash there hands of it, and don't even communicate with the customer. Believe me, I have gained a whole lot of respect for online reviews and the BBB complaints section. Where there is smoke there is fire. Don't know how they sleep at night.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

[ Really I have never found a longblock remaner on the marine end that I can say found them to be 1000 % completely happy with. Some were very little things and some were major things that always seem WHY and how did you miss that kind of deal.[/QUOTE]

I call these the """auto parts motors""""
in other words all bigger citys have them they cater to auto part stores and SMALL car repair shops to sale their builds
gotta keep in mind most their core motors are high mile motors that BLEW UP
so they weld on blocks and heads
bore till cyls clean up and don't care of the size of bore
fast grind on cranks and valves and slap together
will not toss a part in the garbage that can be any manner salvaged
with cheapest parts they can buy
huge difference than buying a new replacement crate motor or having ur motor rebuilt at a reptable builder
so these are budget motors and just like buying a rebuilt starter,ac compressor,alternator,ect
are hurt parts fixed just to resale and vary rarely last very long
then when they have a warranty problem which is all the time they have all the loopholes to jump through
and know most wont go to court
sorry for ur loss,,,,,
paying 1/4 of new or 1/2 of a reputable builder is a gamble
as stated some not so bad,,,,,others really not so good

Last edited by johnmiffco; 09-02-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:40 AM
Registered
VIP Member

John,

Very well put Mabbco is the worst of the worst. Please people don't ever use them. Also, Discover card sucks! Never wil I ever use Discover to buy a big ticket item. They do not stand behind there customers!

Jeff
Old 12-06-2016, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 415 Likes on 244 Posts

Sorry to hear. Do you have pictures?
Old 12-06-2016, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

There are a lot of bad reviews to back up your story. You're supposed to look at those reviews before you buy! Anyway, I hope the power of OSO and the internet can help you get a refund. Call the BBB, there is no feedback there yet.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JPrusinows
John,

Very well put Mabbco is the worst of the worst. Please people don't ever use them. Also, Discover card sucks! Never wil I ever use Discover to buy a big ticket item. They do not stand behind there customers!

Jeff
Jeff
Off subject, how's the Magnum coming along ?
Miss seeing y'all at the marina

Kendall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.